TMNT: Shredders Revenge

This releases tomorrow!!!!!  6 player co-op!!  ONLINE!!!  And, It's getting some great reviews!  This should be a fun one with some FGers!

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Straight up, If you've played the classic TMNT arcade games or Turtles in Time...  GET THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!

This plays and feels just like those classics we all grew up with.  The original voice cast (Minus James Avery R.I.P.) has returned to their respected voices and its such a flash back.  Online co-op and up to 6 players!  It's so damn good!

Maaaaaaaateee @Riff Machine , it really IS AWESOME!!

I absolutely love that the game plays and feels so much like the old classic side scroller, but it also feels refreshed, extra moves and details. Actual content to replay and the fact it is 6 Player co-op online is incredible.

Also, I really love the extra detail on the Story mode that it has a World Map, very similar to how Super Mario World would have, which i'm really impressed by. For £18 it is an absolute steal of a buy. Couldn't agree more Chad.

4 hours ago, Diddums said:

Must not buy a Switch, must not buy a Switch...

I mean...  It's on PS4/5 too.  😉

It's so fun though.  I miss games like this.

6 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I mean...  It's on PS4/5 too.  😉

It's so fun though.  I miss games like this.

Ooooooooh is it? 

Fuck. 

That changes things. Will have a looksee, loved these games as a kid 😄 

banlol.png

17 hours ago, Diddums said:

Ooooooooh is it? 

Fuck. 

That changes things. Will have a looksee, loved these games as a kid 😄 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Riff Machine said:

giphy.gif

All I have to say to you is.

square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle 

banlol.png

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

All I have to say to you is.

square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle square square square square R1 triangle 

And after last night us trying the multiplayer story mode, that was pretty spot on! And why we loved it so much. No overthinking, just some good old, in the moment gaming fun.

The music is absolutely superb and the revive system has been implemented fantastically. Something you would never expect to see in a revamped game like this.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

And after last night us trying the multiplayer story mode, that was pretty spot on! And why we loved it so much. No overthinking, just some good old, in the moment gaming fun.

The music is absolutely superb and the revive system has been implemented fantastically. Something you would never expect to see in a revamped game like this.

*Searches for his invite*

🥲

1 hour ago, Antpool84 said:

I remember loving playing these turtles games in the arcades!!!! Definitely tempted to get this, especially since its a relatively cheap one to pick up 😃

You'll like this one then.  I guarantee.  

My only gripe is basically the same gripe with the classic games as well as side-scrolling beat 'em ups in general...  The hit boxes are always all over the place.  There's been a few times where I've been well above an enemy on screen but some how get hit by it when it performs an attack.  It really makes no sense when you're on a platform above or below and get it by an enemy on the opposite area.  It's led to a few F-bombs drop from me.  

10 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

My only gripe is basically the same gripe with the classic games as well as side-scrolling beat 'em ups in general...  The hit boxes are always all over the place.  There's been a few times where I've been well above an enemy on screen but some how get hit by it when it performs an attack.  It really makes no sense when you're on a platform above or below and get it by an enemy on the opposite area.  It's led to a few F-bombs drop from me.  

Yeah i find its hard with the verticality of a 2D side-scroller that the challenge is how do you make connection sometimes. I think because its TMNT though and not some fully fledged uber competitive game, I don't focus on it too much. The story seems like its a pretty chilled experience, although haven't tried it on higher difficulties yet.

And @Antpool84 , Chad is bang on. Its EXACTLY what you would want from it, and a little extra imo.