Favourite 5 Albums Of All Time

IRaMPaGe

Hello there! As the title says, what are your favourite 5 albums of all time? 

They don't have to be in a particular order, any genre or even instrumental. 

As we know music can be life changing, it can make you feel a certain way. It can relax you, put you in a positive mood, get you pumped up, driving in the car. Whatever you like to listen to for various reasons. 

Your choice of albums are ones you can put on start to finish and enjoy the entirety. Desert island scenarios or whatever. 

For me personally I enjoy a large mix of different music styles and genres and it's hard to pick just 5. You can have 2 honorable mentions also. 

My list:

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Queens Of The Stone Age- Songs For The Deaf

Pink Floyd- Dark Side Of The Moon

Rage Against The Machine- Self Titled

Parliament- Mothership Connection 

Honorable Mentions:

Cypress Hill-Black Sunday

The Stone Roses- 2nd Coming

On 6/14/2022 at 8:54 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

Hello there! As the title says, what are your favourite 5 albums of all time? 

They don't have to be in a particular order, any genre or even instrumental. 

As we know music can be life changing, it can make you feel a certain way. It can relax you, put you in a positive mood, get you pumped up, driving in the car. Whatever you like to listen to for various reasons. 

Your choice of albums are ones you can put on start to finish and enjoy the entirety. Desert island scenarios or whatever. 

For me personally I enjoy a large mix of different music styles and genres and it's hard to pick just 5. You can have 2 honorable mentions also. 

My list:

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Queens Of The Stone Age- Songs For The Deaf

Pink Floyd- Dark Side Of The Moon

Rage Against The Machine- Self Titled

Parliament- Mothership Connection 

Honorable Mentions:

Cypress Hill-Black Sunday

The Stone Roses- 2nd Coming

5 favourite albums is a tough one, might have to come back to you on that. 

Of your picks, its the honourable mentions that I like. Black Sunday is a very dark feeling album and the 2nd Coming is very underrated 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

28 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

5 favourite albums is a tough one, might have to come back to you on that. 

Of your picks, its the honourable mentions that I like. Black Sunday is a very dark feeling album and the 2nd Coming is very underrated 🙂

I know man 5 Albums just isn't enough, the honorable mentions could of easily made the list. 

50 more albums could of been added lol. 

Music can take you to a certain time or place, the happiness it can make is undeniable. 

My list could of had Black Sabbath, The Beastie Boys, Stevie Wonder or Jimi Hendrix on it amongst many others. 

My taste in music is far and wide. 

I will say commercial pop stuff isn't for me and also I hate country music. 

Anything else I will happily give it a go or a listen. 

I just wanted to share some stuff I've always liked and hoped others would too! 

Always looking for something I may have missed or not given enough of a chance. 

2nd coming is class and Black Sunday is absolutely superb. 

"I'm a chickenhawk huntin for a chicken, Get paranoid when you hear my glock clickin" 

Look forward to your list Phil 😎

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I know man 5 Albums just isn't enough, the honorable mentions could of easily made the list. 

50 more albums could of been added lol. 

Music can take you to a certain time or place, the happiness it can make is undeniable. 

My list could of had Black Sabbath, The Beastie Boys, Stevie Wonder or Jimi Hendrix on it amongst many others. 

My taste in music is far and wide. 

I will say commercial pop stuff isn't for me and also I hate country music. 

Anything else I will happily give it a go or a listen. 

I just wanted to share some stuff I've always liked and hoped others would too! 

Always looking for something I may have missed or not given enough of a chance. 

2nd coming is class and Black Sunday is absolutely superb. 

"I'm a chickenhawk huntin for a chicken, Get paranoid when you hear my glock clickin" 

Look forward to your list Phil 😎

Yeah, I'll enjoy thinking about it. While my go to genres tend to be punk or reggae/ska I have always listened to everything I can. Except disco/garage/rnb/Irish country music, all of which I avoid as they send me up the wall 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

42 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah, I'll enjoy thinking about it. While my go to genres tend to be punk or reggae/ska I have always listened to everything I can. Except disco/garage/rnb/Irish country music, all of which I avoid as they send me up the wall 😁

Yeah disco doesn't do it for me nor does RnB. Irish is ok in my books. My folk interest is quite limited. 

Garage not really a big fan of. 

I do however like some drum & bass and some house and trance/dance if the mood calls. 

Love funk music because it's groovy and also blues, some punk. Like me some ska, but more so reggae. 

Have quite an upbringing on hard rock and metal in my early years and teens especially. 

46 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Yeah disco doesn't do it for me nor does RnB. Irish is ok in my books. My folk interest is quite limited. 

Garage not really a big fan of. 

I do however like some drum & bass and some house and trance/dance if the mood calls. 

Love funk music because it's groovy and also blues, some punk. Like me some ska, but more so reggae. 

Have quite an upbringing on hard rock and metal in my early years and teens especially. 

Irish folk is ok, quite like the Dubliners, Luke Kelly etc, I was more referring to Daniel O'Donnel and that shite😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

22 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Irish folk is ok, quite like the Dubliners, Luke Kelly etc, I was more referring to Daniel O'Donnel and that shite😉

Yeah I was meaning The Dubliners and The Pogues etc. 👍

What's got 100 legs and no teeth? 

The front row of a Daniel O'Donnel concert. 

OR

The Methadone Queue at Boots. 

Agreed Daniel O'Donnel is utter shite! 😂

OK, so here's a non punk top 5

Scientist - Wins the World Cup
Orbital - No name brown cover (2nd album)
Stone Roses - Stone Roses (1st album)
Fields of the Nephilim - Nephilim (2nd album)
Pixies - Trompe Le Monde

Honourable mention to all the Joy Division albums, first 3 Jesus and Mary Chain albums, the Beatles White album, Beastie Boys, Dr Dre's 2001, Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation, David Bowies Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust...I better stop lol.

Can't believe I let a goth album into my top 5 but there you go.

I'll do a punk top 5 separately as that's serious business 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@IRaMPaGe  awesome little thread to start dude 😁 I'm into a lot of different types of music, especially most types of rock and metal, and have bought a lot of albums over the years,so (in no particular order) here you go 😊

1: Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

2: Slipknot - Iowa

3: The Offspring - Americana

4: Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May

5: Muse - Simulation Theory

Special Mention to The Dark Knight score by Hans Zimmer, i love that album but couldnt quite put it on the list.

There are many that arn't on this list including Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish and Significant Other, Korn's Untouchables, Blink 182's Take off your Pants and Jacket and most of the Kerrang albums that came out back in the day, and there was even the Ministry of Sound Annual Millenium Edition which had some absolute bangers on it 😁

Now the all important punk top 5, although I'm almost swayed by @J4MES OX4D  and his epic choices 😅

Conflict - Increase the pressure 

Cock Sparrer - Shock Troops

Cocney Rejects - Greatest Hits Volume 1 (this is how they named their first album😅)

Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters

Ramones - Rocket to Russia

Honourable mentions to Feeding of the 5000 by Crass, the first 3 Clash albums, Never Mind the Bollocks (although Lydon is a narcissistic prick), anything by Blitz, Sham 69, the Business....all who would feature in a top 10....

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Great lists @phil bottle

For the non punk I'm loving the honorable mentions, The Beatles White Album and Dr Dre 2001 are classics. Like a lot of Bowies stuff. 

I do enjoy The Stone Roses 1st album and The Pixies are good too! 

I'm not huge into punk, but The Clash are iconic and I do like The Ramones and The Dead Kennedys. 👍

6 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

@IRaMPaGe  awesome little thread to start dude 😁 I'm into a lot of different types of music, especially most types of rock and metal, and have bought a lot of albums over the years,so (in no particular order) here you go 😊

1: Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

2: Slipknot - Iowa

3: The Offspring - Americana

4: Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May

5: Muse - Simulation Theory

Special Mention to The Dark Knight score by Hans Zimmer, i love that album but couldnt quite put it on the list.

There are many that arn't on this list including Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish and Significant Other, Korn's Untouchables, Blink 182's Take off your Pants and Jacket and most of the Kerrang albums that came out back in the day, and there was even the Ministry of Sound Annual Millenium Edition which had some absolute bangers on it 😁

I definitely listened to a lot of those Nu Metal artists. KoRn and Limp Bizkit were some of the first heavier things I started listening to when I was 14 or 15.

I do prefer Follow The Leader and Issues from KoRn, Life Is Peachy and the Self Titled are good too, but a bit darker. 

Origin Of Symmetry will always be my favourite Muse album. 

Did listen to some of The Offspring they were pretty good back then. Mostly Americana, Conspiracy Of One and Ixnay On The Hombre. 

I love this thread @IRaMPaGe , great shout. Just a hugely difficult one for me to think about personally as I haven't listened to many albums for years so it would have to be judged on what ones I bought way back when I was in my older teens. Still, probably the same music is what I listen to today anyway 😅

I'll have a think. I love lots of different types of music but I know its not gonna be like what many of you like as Metal/Rock/Punk doesn't tend to be something I listen to very often.

33 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I love this thread @IRaMPaGe , great shout. Just a hugely difficult one for me to think about personally as I haven't listened to many albums for years so it would have to be judged on what ones I bought way back when I was in my older teens. Still, probably the same music is what I listen to today anyway 😅

I'll have a think. I love lots of different types of music but I know its not gonna be like what many of you like as Metal/Rock/Punk doesn't tend to be something I listen to very often.

That's what it's all about, albums that really stick with you or resonate with. 

Albums you can go back to after a long time and appreciate. 

Music is subjectively down to taste. For some it just hits the right spot. 

You hear a song or album and remember a time or person specifically and enjoy. 

Take your time tho Lee, there isn't a rush.