Starfield Gameplay

I thought it looked quite good, I am playing Fallout 76 on the xbox with my brothers at the moment and though it's janky as hell it's quite a fun game. This looks the same but set in space and provided they can keep the bugs to a minimum (though it is Bethesda) it could turn out quite good fun. It looks quite pretty and I love the concept being a Mass effect fan. Fingers crossed it will turn out good, I noted that there still wasn't a launch date though so technically it could be next christmas (2023) yet.

Luseth.png

It definetly looks good.  I wonder if there will be anything that will differentiate it from the fallout series.  I do hope they can keep the bugs to a minimum as well. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Been having a look around at the general reception and it actually seems a bit of a mixed bag. I'm certainly taking the visuals with a pinch of salt but the game looks pretty decent for such an old engine. The biggest all-round worry seems to be the outdated combat - the demo doesn't even demonstrate ADS which is strange. I know they usually get PR clowns to show games off but it be weird if they did this without the person ever aiming down the sights. The scavenging/crafting seems very much like No Mans Sky but doesn't look all that interesting. 

The big thing will be the planets - although there's supposed to be 1,000, the general expectation is there being about 10 which are handcrafted with others either being generated or are just simple resource dumps. I'm really not sure if I've seen enough ambition or innovation so far that would make this a standout current-gen title. The RPG and Story aspects will have to be on far with Fallout becuase I don't think a No Mans Sky collect-a-thon with generated planets will really impress all that much. 

It's sounding like this will be similar to the Outer Worlds with a lot more space exploration.  Probably a more serious tone too.  I can't wait for the day 1 patch that makes it playable.  Lol

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Does feel huge and i love space combined with the building elements. Remains to be seen if this is likely to slip into 2024 though as its so big I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe by then I'd have bought the latest Xbox. It does look like it serve well on PC more so though, esepcially the chop and change custom building elements.

On 6/18/2022 at 7:01 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

The big thing will be the planets - although there's supposed to be 1,000, the general expectation is there being about 10 which are handcrafted with others either being generated or are just simple resource dumps. I'm really not sure if I've seen enough ambition or innovation so far that would make this a standout current-gen title. The RPG and Story aspects will have to be on far with Fallout becuase I don't think a No Mans Sky collect-a-thon with generated planets will really impress all that much. 

Good points. I think in a game its fair to expect some planets will be of a similar ilk, but thats okay. Just depends on how much unique and varied waypoints or key points of interest each one will have that is different.

The challenge is definitely to make it feel different to No Mans Sky as it needs to stand out on its own rather than just more of NMS as you may as well invest time into that instead.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb