Mario Strikers: Battle League

Anyone pick this up?  I've heard mixed things about it, but It is a Nintendo Mario sports game, so the typical nuttiness is expected.  The golf and Tennis games are decent, curious how soccer/football translates.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Not really @Riff Machine . Whilst I usually like the look of any football game, I'm not sure I'll get my money's worth out of it. It looks way more exciting with friends and I don't think we play much online Switch here atm.

I did and it's fun.  There's 6 cups in total, once you complete them all, they just reset at a harder difficulty.  Playing online is probably the biggest draw back, there's 4v4 but only if using 4 switches and each switch has 2 players playing per switch. 4v4 with randoms is something they really need to add.  There's the creation of a team but I think this is somewhat limited, I jut haven't joined a club to try it out yet.

You can't select no team and have the CPU vs CPU which is something I'd have liked to watch.

Overall very fun, great gameplay but some areas are lacking and could use some improvement.

I may grab it if it comes down under £30. Thanks for that summary @Spacedeck , Ithink its likely to get an update or two in the next yeart which might make me look at it a little more down the line.