Xbox Game Pass on Samsung 2022 Smart TVs

Riff Machine

This sounds interesting.  Thoughts?

xboxsamsung.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

As cloud gaming technology continues to improve, Samsung is giving players the ability to play games straight on their televisions.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Weird. If you're playing in front of a TV then you may as well have a console. Can't see too many people buying Xbox Game Pass, a controller but not getting the console. Not a fan of Cloud gaming either and the Stadia proved it was a fragile and needless concept with way too many drawbacks. Probably an attempted move to stifle Sony TV sales on top.  Really can't see this taking off or having any key benefits. 

Agreed @J4MES OX4D

Stadia was a hot pile of garbage IMO.  The only thing they had going for it was a solid controller that I still use for PC gaming from time to time.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I disagree on this. I think it could do quite well. Stadia's business model was poor, you had to pay full price for a game you didn't really own. Xbox Game Pass library for a monthly fee is a different kettle of fish.

Infrastructure and latency will be a factor for sure but I do see people buying into it... if it works...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've tried Stadia and to be fair to them, the controller feels nice and I had a much better experience streaming through Stadia over WiFi, than I did using Microsoft's streaming service through GamePass on an ethernet connected to the pc! 

Going this way will I think work, for a while. The industry as a whole is entering the digital/cloud space so I expect a huge boom before the next gaming crash. It kind of saturates the field and then I feel gaming development could become lazy as things will be limited in a way to meet the capacity of what these TVs can deliver.

I do want to be more positive about it all, just trying to see what the benefit is. We must evolve the times rather than reject change, but it does start to feel like we already on the course to a huge saturation of DDD rental gaming.

On 6/19/2022 at 2:53 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Going this way will I think work, for a while. The industry as a whole is entering the digital/cloud space so I expect a huge boom before the next gaming crash. It kind of saturates the field and then I feel gaming development could become lazy as things will be limited in a way to meet the capacity of what these TVs can deliver.

I do want to be more positive about it all, just trying to see what the benefit is. We must evolve the times rather than reject change, but it does start to feel like we already on the course to a huge saturation of DDD rental gaming.

If we can sort out the impending ecological disasters heading our way the future is bright for technology in gaming. With devices like Magic Leap showing what is possible I'm still holding out for the Star Trek style holodeck 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg