Johnny Depp v Amber Heard

What an absolute dumpster fire of a trial but hilarious and fascinating none the less!

I'd like to start by saying that neither of them covered themselves in much glory and it was clear they were involved in an extremely volatile relationship. That really wasn't crux of the trial though as it surrounded a newspaper article previous in which Amber allegedly defamed Depp with unsubstantiated allegations despite not naming him and playing the victim. The trial if anything exposed Heard as an aggressor, manipulator and ultimately a compulsive liar. The biggest lie was claiming she donated $7m of her divorce settlement to charity (something she claimed she did for the past 5 years to numerous sources) however this was proven to be absolute nonsense and a damning hit on her character early on. This lie could also have a knock-on effect to the 2020 trial in London which Depp lost as her credibility is not only destroyed, but she committed perjury for claiming she did indeed donate all the proceeds of the divorce during that trial under oath. 

I also don't think I've seen such a laughable display of bad acting in my life with her on the stand - fake crying, overrating Jim Carrey-style and just the sheer nonsense she was spewing. One of the worst performances you will ever see and she had little answer for some of the allegations put towards her and how she couldn't explain miraculous recovery from injuries after supposedly being severely beaten and there were no medical records either. Her general demeanor and lack of raw emotion just painter her as a toxic narcissist. Depp certainly won the public opinion even before the verdict and despite his personal struggles, there was actually no real evidence that he at all did anything to her. Some of the things she did with evidence provided was absolutely shocking really. 

Heard's career will certainly take a devastating hit now and employers will be very weary about the impact of her inclusion into any projects especially Hollywood. After 6 years of hell, Johnny's will probably flourish again and whilst he's no saint, he definitely wasn't the person he was portrayed to be and the revelations of Heard's behavior will definitely leave shockwaves for years to come in the celebrity domain. Guaranteed to be a movie out of this too🤣 

I’ve watched all of the case from the start. 
It’s clear they both have demons and both have their issues they need to get professional help for. Johnny knows and acknowledges this and has been trying which I believe. 
Amber too obviously has issues that need sorting. 
They both were toxic within the relationship and the trial proved this. 
Did Johnny abuse Amber? Yes he did, but not physically and sexually as she claims, he abused her mentally with words.

Did Amber abuse Johnny? Yes but she did it physically as well as mentally… 

I truly think Johnny isn’t even bothered by the money and probably won’t even chase her for it but will instead use this win as a chance to finally move on from her… 

And to be fair all she has to do is pledge to pay him right?? After all if she pledges it that means she’s paid it too! 😂🙈

Either way though I seriously hope she changes her therapists and gets some proper ones who can help her properly rather than seeing $$$

Yeah, my wife has literally had CourtTV on for the past 3 weeks solid in our house 😅 Not sure what she'll do with her life now!

I ended up becoming interested in it because I couldn't get away from it tbh. You end up wanting to learn more about the lawyer side than anything else. The verdict was pretty damning - 43 questions had to be all answered in favour of Depp and they were. Not the same way on the Heard side, although she at least saw that the Depp's previous attorney made mistakes which made a small dent in the overall verdict.

Its just really sad that 2 people's lives have to be put out there in this way. Both lives will never be the same again. Depp I think will at least have more happier days than Amber will. I think we both came to the conclusion in our house that she has difficult mental problems which really needs professional help. She was utterly convinced what had happened to her, so I don't think its just the case of she lied to try and save herself. She really looked like she saw the same events in a completely different way. Like you said  @Teenwolf25 , Depp has many problems too. I think the difference is that he iis willing to accept he has them and thats the first step to recovery.

People were talking afterwards that he may go one step further and just say scrap the money, as it was the verdict was all he wanted. That would most likely propel him even further into the next batch of top movies.

My prediction was also to see him play a top superhero or supervillain after Amber is likely not to be cast in any Hollywood superhero films anymore.

i am glad johnny depp got justice for all he went though and i hope they both can move on from this, but that statement after the verdict from heard was infuriating, how does it hurt other women's rights etc when you lie, destroy a man's life and then lose when your lies etc are exposed to the public?

all in all, from what little i saw damn they both have issues, especially heard

I couldn't careless, if I'd seen anything throughout this sorry affair it woukd be briefly on twitter right up until my mate mentioned the bloody mega pint of wine last week. So I've seen at least that.😁

Unfortunately it's stuck in my head however at least for the briefest of time thankfully there were a couple of funny skits to amuse.

50 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Wow. Absolutely stunned that I'm reading what I'm reading. The FG community clearly isn't what I thought it was. 

How so? 

banlol.png

37 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Oh, you know, nothing much. Just a collection of jabs, jeers and memes perpetuating the avalanche of toxic, online fandom and vitriol that views domestic abuse as entertainment. That, and the shameful, misogynistic victim blaming and embarrassing denial of facts clearly presented in court because they don't fit your narrative and bias. 

Interesting that there was no celebration and support here for a female victim of abuse when this same trial in the UK found that Depp physically abused her on at least 12 occasions.

Heard: "I cry in my bedroom after I dumped you a week prior after you beat the shit out of me."
Depp: "I made a huge mistake. I won’t do it again."

"Cum guzzling whore"
"Scumbag gold-digging cunt."
"Mushy pointless dangling overused floppy fish market."
"I will fuck her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she’s dead."

Truly a national hero worth celebrating.

"No victim is perfect. No victim should have to be. After all, if a man cannot be considered abusive towards an imperfect woman, then just how perfect does a woman need to be before it becomes wrong to beat her?"

Anyway, this kind of garbage coming from what I believe to be key members of the community, unchecked homophobic crap in Discord (easy to find you click the Search button) and live game chat are enough for me to stop my financial support and move on.

I'm sure this will be responded to with a collective "You're nuts, don't let the door hit you on the way out." In addition to that, however, I hope some of you will take a closer look at the community you're fostering and will look for ways to improve and to make FG a place that's inclusive to all and free from this kind of bullshit.

Wow, where to begin.

First off, please step off the soap box for a moment, let's have a rational, reasonable discussion. This is the fourth time I'm writing something because the last few attempts were so far from kid friendly they'd make Ghandi cry. Anyway, as this seems to be a bit of a sensitive topic for you, let's clear up a few misconceptions first:

Depp isn't a national hero, nobody said that, so stop talking shit.

This trial was about defamation and damages to career after a woman deliberately tried to ruin someone, it is NOT about domestic abuse, so stop talking shit.

It doesn't matter who this case was about, it could be a bout Peppa Pig and Kermit the frog for all I care, nobody singled out heard, she did that all by herself, so stop talking shit.

Depp was clearly a victim of domestic abuse too, but I guess that doesn't support your narrative, so stop talking shit.

FG is and always will be one of the best places on the internet. If you can't handle some of the banter, then perhaps you shouldn't be on the internet at all, so stop talking shit.

You can claim anything you want about evidence being denied in court, but the simple fact is that the whole world watched the case and agreed with the verdict, so stop talking shit.

You're also conveniently forgetting the Kate Moss / staircase thing aren't you? Doesn't support your narrative does it? 

Do you only think that women can be victims of domestic abuse too? Because that's how you're coming across and that is the EXACT reason men don't speak up about it. 

Also, what exactly do YOU do to support victims of domestic abuse? Do you just whinge on forums or do you actually go out and do things, like I do? 

So no, your post is a load of bollocks, you're a load of bollocks, so take your "financial support" and shove it up your arse. We'll be perfectly fine without you, I promise. There's actually another forum where you'd fit in perfectly, you can find it here. 

And no, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

AbleFickleFirecrest-size_restricted.gif

Christ, I tried to keep it civil but every time I reread your post it just infuriated me so you got both barrels anyway. Ah well. 

banlol.png

34 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Oh, you know, nothing much. Just a collection of jabs, jeers and memes perpetuating the avalanche of toxic, online fandom and vitriol that views domestic abuse as entertainment. That, and the shameful, misogynistic victim blaming and embarrassing denial of facts clearly presented in court because they don't fit your narrative and bias. 

Those weren't facts though - those were allegations that weren't proven on any level. The only admissible evidence provided by Heard was a couple of audio recordings that didn't stem into any physical contact and a questionable aftermath photo of a wine bottle being smashed. Depp provided audio evidence of heard admitting to several instances of physical altercations, there was also an admission that part of his finger was severely injured with a sharp instrument and also where Heard took a shit on their bed. 

The only 'evidence' Heard could submit was hearsay in which most was comfortably countered and photos taken by her which were heavily questioned for credibility and ultimately dismissed due to flimsiness. Depp is no saint as been said but Amber Heard is despicable. She loved this entertainment when riding the #MeToo wave of attention but not when it's on her. 

The High Court case will probably be overturned  on appeal with Heard being deemed an unsafe witness having committed perjury on the stand - the CPS would be within their rights to pursue a charge and seek a conviction. The outcome of that trial was based purely on he said/she said and thanks to the rigorous lawsuit in the US, Heard has been exposed for lying on many occasions which negate a lot of evidence verbally presented in that trial.  

They are both as bad as each other in some respects but there is no doubt that Amber Heard is a toxic, narcissistic sociopath and a compulsive liar to boot. Just because she's a woman doesn't mean she can play the victim eternally.

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

Wow, where to begin.

First off, please step off the soap box for a moment, let's have a rational, reasonable discussion. This is the fourth time I'm writing something because the last few attempts were so far from kid friendly they'd make Ghandi cry. Anyway, as this seems to be a bit of a sensitive topic for you, let's clear up a few misconceptions first:

Depp isn't a national hero, nobody said that, so stop talking shit.

This trial was about defamation and damages to career after a woman deliberately tried to ruin someone, it is NOT about domestic abuse, so stop talking shit.

It doesn't matter who this case was about, it could be a bout Peppa Pig and Kermit the frog for all I care, nobody singled out heard, she did that all by herself, so stop talking shit.

Depp was clearly a victim of domestic abuse too, but I guess that doesn't support your narrative, so stop talking shit.

FG is and always will be one of the best places on the internet. If you can't handle some of the banter, then perhaps you shouldn't be on the internet at all, so stop talking shit.

You can claim anything you want about evidence being denied in court, but the simple fact is that the whole world watched the case and agreed with the verdict, so stop talking shit.

You're also conveniently forgetting the Kate Moss / staircase thing aren't you? Doesn't support your narrative does it? 

Do you only think that women can be victims of domestic abuse too? Because that's how you're coming across and that is the EXACT reason men don't speak up about it. 

Also, what exactly do YOU do to support victims of domestic abuse? Do you just whinge on forums or do you actually go out and do things, like I do? 

So no, your post is a load of bollocks, you're a load of bollocks, so take your "financial support" and shove it up your arse. We'll be perfectly fine without you, I promise. There's actually another forum where you'd fit in perfectly, you can find it here. 

And no, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

AbleFickleFirecrest-size_restricted.gif

Christ, I tried to keep it civil but every time I reread your post it just infuriated me so you got both barrels anyway. Ah well. 

The Peppa Pig vs Kermit trial should be ribbitting, he’s bound to win as she has an offal defence.

I stick by my original comments above. You both need mental help. Domestic abuse is a serious issue whichever way it’s being dealt either the male or female. 
I’m not sure where the homophobic stuff is coming from as that’s one thing I call people out in, Lee knows and can confirm this and I don’t see any above..

1 hour ago, Teenwolf25 said:

I stick by my original comments above. You both need mental help. Domestic abuse is a serious issue whichever way it’s being dealt either the male or female. 
I’m not sure where the homophobic stuff is coming from as that’s one thing I call people out in, Lee knows and can confirm this and I don’t see any above..

This is FG, I think we all need a bit of mental help tbh 😂

Who are you referring to? If it's me, I've tried - they don't make therapists strong enough for me 😞 

I'm also shit-hot on any discrimination in FG. There are a few right off the bat I can think of who will openly post racist, homophobic and sexist bullshit so whenever I'm in the company of these people my ears are turned up to 11, because as a community, that will absolutely, under zero circumstances be tolerated. I've spoken to these people and they've apologized and that was the end of it, doesn't make them bad people, just makes them a bit insensitive to things that they might not be exposed to. 

What I will say is this: We play with people from all over the world. The deepest, darkest corners of the world, to bustling cities like London, we're dealing with cultural barriers, language barriers, geographical barriers and in a few cases, even religious barriers. This is why I never get angry when people express their opinions, I'm yet to find someone who couldn't be reasoned with after a discussion about why they might be offending someone. 

That being said, if anyone feels that they're seeing things like this I'd ask that they report it so one of the staff can deal with it. 

banlol.png

1 minute ago, Diddums said:

This is FG, I think we all need a bit of mental help tbh 😂

Who are you referring to? If it's me, I've tried - they don't make therapists strong enough for me 😞 

I'm also shit-hot on any discrimination in FG. There are a few right off the bat I can think of who will openly post racist, homophobic and sexist bullshit so whenever I'm in the company of these people my ears are turned up to 11, because as a community, that will absolutely, under zero circumstances be tolerated. I've spoken to these people and they've apologized and that was the end of it, doesn't make them bad people, just makes them a bit insensitive to things that they might not be exposed to. 

What I will say is this: We play with people from all over the world. The deepest, darkest corners of the world, to bustling cities like London, we're dealing with cultural barriers, language barriers, geographical barriers and in a few cases, even religious barriers. This is why I never get angry when people express their opinions, I'm yet to find someone who couldn't be reasoned with after a discussion about why they might be offending someone. 

That being said, if anyone feels that they're seeing things like this I'd ask that they report it so one of the staff can deal with it. 

I thought Lee was your therapist….. Or was it a masseuse?? 😂😂