Moving oop norf

Diddums

My company's dropping hints at job prospects around Leeds. Chatted to Kyla a bit about it and she's open to it too. Looked at houses around Leeds on Zoopla and whatnot, we can basically get a massive house with garden, garage, etc for the price of a 1 bed flat here in London. 

Dunno where to look though, any places in particular we should look at / avoid? 

We'll prolly book a few days off soon and drive up for a long weekend to have a mooch, I'll light the batsignal at the time in case anyone's up for a beer 🙂

banlol.png

7 minutes ago, techno said:

Tbh the only way to look for somewhere around here is  to turn up and look around.  

However you up here dear god 🤣🤣

Mmmmmm, just think, "I have a Diddums down the road from me" - instantly increase your property value 😄

banlol.png

7 minutes ago, techno said:

Hahaha just thought Morley isn't bad ... Maybe a little biased but better than Bramley where you were looking.

Cheers dude, I'm slowly building a map of all the places that come recommended so we can book a long weekend and check them all out. I'll add Morley to the list!

banlol.png

Leeds is full of cunts, so you'll fit right in.

But seriously, it's definitely a good thing to consider when you see the cost of living is much cheaper outside London. So long as the work prospects are good you're laughing. 

I have a few mates from Gary's county, Leeds and Barnsley in particular, good down to earth people, who like a drink 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I live smack bang between Dewsbury and Wakefield myself but both towns are absolute holes tbh 😆. I'd take a look at places above the M62 and east of Leeds, so Sherborne-in-Elmet, Selby, that kind of area is lovely and plenty of countryside. Might be lacking in easy transport links however.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

North Leeds and North West Leeds are nice areas. I live in a town just outside Leeds called Otley. It's nice. Plenty of towns around here that are nice as well - Guiseley, Horsforth. Areas like Chapple Allerton are nice as well. Just depends if you wanna live near the city centre or more out of town and commute in. Let me know of areas you're looking at and I'll tell you if you should consider them or avoid.

fart.gif

I will also add that it's compulsory to own at least one flat cap if you live in Yorkshire. Plus we don't greet people with "alright, darling" as use "hiya love". 

We also tend to not like Southerners up here so I'm unsure how people will react to a South African 🤷‍♂️

fart.gif

You can borrow my whippet.  North of Leeds is into nice dales territory.  I have friends that way, and as you say, the purchasing power is nuts compared to london.  Plus regular trips to arcade club leeds and me an hour away, it's win win win.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

9 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

You can borrow my whippet.  North of Leeds is into nice dales territory.  I have friends that way, and as you say, the purchasing power is nuts compared to london.  Plus regular trips to arcade club leeds and me an hour away, it's win win win.

I'm definitely up for trips to Arcade Club. I've only been to the Leeds one once. 

fart.gif

Typical bloody @Diddums 

Starts a post asking for help and then doesn't bother answering people offering help. As a result I'm going to give a thumbs up to the absolute worst places to live in the hope that he'll get robbed at least once a week and also in the hope somebody* will post some shit through his letterbox.

*me

fart.gif

10 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Typical bloody @Diddums 

Starts a post asking for help and then doesn't bother answering people offering help. As a result I'm going to give a thumbs up to the absolute worst places to live in the hope that he'll get robbed at least once a week and also in the hope somebody* will post some shit through his letterbox.

*me

Mate. I'll be moving from London. I bet your shit smells like roses 😄 

banlol.png