Techland working on new AAA rpg

I was watching the weekly Friday show on gameranx and during the show, they mentioned and showed some early concept art for a new RPg being developed by Techland.  They are currently working on content for Dying Light 2, but are shifting focus to this new project.  A lot of people that worked on Witcher 3, Horizon and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.  Should be a long way out but something to keep an eye out for.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I really like Techland although I haven't got round to Dying Light 2 yet and the general consensus that it isn't as good as the first. If they are going to make a full-fledged RPG then they need to hire some decent writers as this Bethesda-esque 2005 approach will not suffice.  They got away with it with Dead Island and Dying Light because those games were more about fun mechanics rather than something narrative-driven but they will probably need to step it up if they want to go deeper into genres. A new engine will be needed too.

The whole action/RPG genre really needs a big time change.  I agree 100% that some well crafted writing and story will be necessary, but the actual game itself has to be more then a map full of icons that most sandbox ARPGs do as of late.    

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*