Arma Reforger

J4MES OX4D

This kinda came out of nowhere and has just launched in early access. Supposed to be a bridge between Arma 3 and the upcoming Arma 4 whenever that is available

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1652807392
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Experience authentic Cold War combat and join friends in the struggle for a sprawling, 51 km² mid-Atlantic island — or take on the role of Game Master and create your very own scenarios for others to enjoy.

Gonna do some research on it because Bohemia + early access = scares me. 

4 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

thoughts @phil bottle?

Still being gathered 🙂 I had  a quick go yesterday.

It's a massive improvement on Arma 3 in many aspects but I'm a little worried it will be watered down due to it also being released on console. There has always been a very strong, almost symbiotic, relationship between BI and the modding community. Its the mods that make Arma what it is, it spawned the whole Battle Royale genre via one of its mods...and console worries me a little on that front.

But yeah: looks better, sounds better, plays better, driving is much much better...its still Bohemia Interactive and so has a few bugs... and what's available in terms of game modes is limited, at least for now.

It's not really a purchase for non Arma fans but worth a punt if you find it interesting.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Still being gathered 🙂 I had  a quick go yesterday.

It's a massive improvement on Arma 3 in many aspects but I'm a little worried it will be watered down due to it also being released on console. There has always been a very strong, almost symbiotic, relationship between BI and the modding community. Its the mods that make Arma what it is, it spawned the whole Battle Royale genre via one of its mods...and console worries me a little on that front.

But yeah: looks better, sounds better, plays better, driving is much much better...its still Bohemia Interactive and so has a few bugs... and what's available in terms of game modes is limited, at least for now.

It's not really a purchase for non Arma fans but worth a punt if you find it interesting.

What do you think is so hard for Arma Reforger or any other developer to get people to make mods for these games and make them available on their own universal launcher so console games can receive mods? Similar to how Minecraft works I suppose?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb