Netflix's Resident Evil

J4MES OX4D

Jesus christ no wonder Netflix is bombing subscribers - yet another disgraceful Resident Evil attempt at bringing it to the screen that disregards source material spectacularly. Not only that, this one seems to be even more tone deaf than imaginable. 

Hard to believe that low budget Welcome to Raccoon City movie from last year was about as close as we'll ever get to a traditional Resident Evil movie/TV tie-in. The original RE films were way off the mark and there was no excuse with those as they were during the brands's height but this Netflix imagining is just so wide of the mark, it doesn't even resemble the series or the latest games in the slightest. 

They need to give up on RE as a series/movie.  Every time they've tried, they've just bombed it so bad.  I don't know how they can screw up something so bad when literally all the material they need is in the games!  

It's so laughable.  And screw Netflix too.  I cancelled my membership a few weeks back after the latest price increase announcement.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

We do get to the stage that people forget we don't have to make every game into a movie or series. I think RE on a TV screen actually works better with the animated movies personally. Some of them made are pretty solid watches, better than some of the ones made with Milla Jovovich (even though i'm a sucker for these films! 🤣)

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

okay, i tried to watch this shit yesterday and i closed it 30 minutes into the first episode, it was THAT bad

hell it makes the milla jovovich resident evil movies seem cinematic masterpieces that were snubbed at the oscars

omg was lance reddick wasted on this, the writing is atrocious

no wonder netflix is in recession with the garbage they keep throwing money at

12 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

okay, i tried to watch this shit yesterday and i closed it 30 minutes into the first episode, it was THAT bad

hell it makes the milla jovovich resident evil movies seem cinematic masterpieces that were snubbed at the oscars

omg was lance reddick wasted on this, the writing is atrocious

no wonder netflix is in recession with the garbage they keep throwing money at

I lasted up until the point she totally unpredictably accidentally cut herself and then switched it off. 

I know it's hard to be original but fuck me, at least try🤔😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I lasted up until the point she totally unpredictably accidentally cut herself and then switched it off. 

I know it's hard to be original but fuck me, at least try🤔😅

yep and until that point she behaves as this super intelligent, serious scientist saying stuff like day 160, still no sign of intelligence from the zombies and then she cuts herself like a moron and i was like, yeah i agree with you, you have the intelligence of a dumb rock

trust me it got much worse until the 30 minute mark when i switched it off

Cancelled after one season

cropped-resident-evil-1652334225584.jpg?
WWW.IGN.COM

Netflix has canceled its Resident Evil TV series after just one season, something the streamer has done in the past for other adaptations.

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

WWW.IGN.COM

Netflix has canceled its Resident Evil TV series after just one season, something the streamer has done in the past for other adaptations.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I'll fake it.

WHATT?!?!  Really???  Oh my God, Why???  It's Resi..... 😒

Ok, I tried.  I guess Mexi-Leon will have to find work in a shitty spin-off RE game.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

15 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

WWW.IGN.COM

gasp, say it ain't so, they cancelled this masterpiece? who would have expected it?