New Silent Hill

10 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I only played the first couple Silent Hills, the real OG ones. Damn they were good for their time. 

Agreed.  A part from the first 2, I didn't find the other ones interesting at all.  I'm actually surprised they're not doing a remake of the first ones.  But, considering how Konami has been the past few years, It's not that surprising.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

7 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

Agreed.  A part from the first 2, I didn't find the other ones interesting at all.  I'm actually surprised they're not doing a remake of the first ones.  But, considering how Konami has been the past few years, It's not that surprising.  

They just set the scene so wonderfully. Was so eerie, that school and hospital the first time to see it your like what dafaq. 

I still remember the description of the kitchen knife. "Hard to use, but better than nothing" 

The game just captured that grotesque horror style. 

I really enjoyed Resident Evil as well, but somehow I felt Silent Hill felt more disgusting and had more of a disturbing edge. 

Don't get me wrong tho, in terms of story etc Resident Evil>Silent Hill 100%.

The same could be said for the resident evil series too early on.  The first 2, especially the first one, was way more suspenseful than damn near any of the others in the series save for 7.  The doll house section in Village was probably the most freaky part of an RE game in quite sometime.

I do hope a Silent Hill comes around that has those elements that made the early ones had that made them so good.  Time will tell I suppose.

8 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

The same could be said for the resident evil series too early on.  The first 2, especially the first one, was way more suspenseful than damn near any of the others in the series save for 7.  The doll house section in Village was probably the most freaky part of an RE game in quite sometime.

I do hope a Silent Hill comes around that has those elements that made the early ones had that made them so good.  Time will tell I suppose.

Both RE and SH lost the plot after a few games - one went arcadey and the other went cheesy. Thankfully Resident Evil has rebooted itself very successfully and it looks like Silent Hill is following the same trend. It defies belief that Hideo Kojima couldn't make the game that appeared as a tech demo during the early PS4 days. Now Konami seem to want a piece of the pie now their other franchises are petering out. 

I will never understand why both those series took such a downturn and went so far off-script after such early success. 

Blooper Team...  If I was on the fence about this before, I'm now back on my side of it with my feet not quite touching the ground.