Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising

Hey there, FG friends! Is anybody else interested or planning to play Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising?

OgTm2Lh.jpg

I have been waiting for this! Of course, the main attraction is Eiyuden Chronicle which comes out next year. Deemed as a successor to the Suikoden series, the guys behind the beloved JRPG series formed their own studio and launched the development of the game with a successful Kickstarter campaign.

They now have the funding and we'll just need to wait for the main game to come out next year. Rising is a prequel game and combines elements of platform and city building. So far, it's fun. You'll probably dislike it a bit if you hate fetch quests, which the game is mostly built upon (for the first hour, at least) but the game is reminiscent of simple PS1 JRPGs and I think that's the main appear for me.

It's currently on Game Pass (I know there are lot of Xbox gamers here, too) but it's also available on Steam/PC, PS4/PS5, and Switch. So far, it's only digital, but if a physical edition comes out, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. XD

I've had a look at the trailer.  I may pick this up at some point.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I've moved this to the RPG section.  It's fitting.  🙂

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 5/12/2022 at 11:14 AM, Riff Machine said:

I've moved this to the RPG section.  It's fitting.  🙂

Thanks a lot! Sorry my bad I didn't look properly first.

I've since beaten this game and acquired all achievements. I read somewhere if you keep the save file, it should load a special item on Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes. Guess I'll play that on the Xbox too then! 😄