Salt and Sacrifice

Yet another metroidvania/rouge-like that's just released today to add to my "Will eventually play once I'm done Elden Ring."  It's a sequel to Salt and Sanctuary released a few years back.  Really hard from what I've heard so this may be one up the alleys of those that enjoy the souls series or rouge-like games.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

The boss designs look amazing!

I'm glad they're really adopting the cooperator system from Elden Ring. ER was my first Souls game, I never used the cooperator system (not by preference though, just wanted to see how far I can go without it but luckily I was able to beat it that way) but I'm still happy it's there as a choice. They pad the boss' HP as a way to balance things out and it makes harder boss encounters less stressful.

I haven’t played salt and sanctuary yet, I might have to buy it when it goes on sale. I’m a big fan of souls and souls like, buuuuut I haven’t played a 2d game for a while and I’m not sure how I’ll like it. 

I’ll have to look for it on sale and get it if I ever get tired of elden ring. 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I haven’t played salt and sanctuary yet, I might have to buy it when it goes on sale. I’m a big fan of souls and souls like, buuuuut I haven’t played a 2d game for a while and I’m not sure how I’ll like it. 

I’ll have to look for it on sale and get it if I ever get tired of elden ring. 

You should give Blasphemous a go too.  It's a 2d souls-like as well with a very dark atmosphere.

And as it happens @Jason Salt and Sanctuary is on sale currently on the PSN store for under $10.