Planet Coaster Console Edition

Has anyone given this a try? Does anyone enjoy these tycoon type of games? 

I've always loved this genre but I know console editions are always barebone versions of the full game.

I just have the urge this week to build a rollercoaster that has the potential to kill guests by the bucket load and this seems to be the only Theme Park game around these days.

1 hour ago, TheMuggySpud said:

Has anyone given this a try? Does anyone enjoy these tycoon type of games? 

I've always loved this genre but I know console editions are always barebone versions of the full game.

I just have the urge this week to build a rollercoaster that has the potential to kill guests by the bucket load and this seems to be the only Theme Park game around these days.

I have it, has all the same features as PC version. Its the best coaster sim that exists easily

cba

I used to love the old Roller-Coaster Tycoon games way back. 

I liked quite a few of those style games, not so much the train ones. 

Industry Giant was a superb game. More of a business one where you gathered raw materials and had plants converting into the next stage of materials then into products and retailing them to consumers. You had to use various modes of transport depending on time era, early 1900s to 2000s. Used to enjoy it as it was accurate to time frame when something was invented e.g television or bottled beer etc. 

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I used to love the old Roller-Coaster Tycoon games way back. 

I liked quite a few of those style games, not so much the train ones. 

Industry Giant was a superb game. More of a business one where you gathered raw materials and had plants converting into the next stage of materials then into products and retailing them to consumers. You had to use various modes of transport depending on time era, early 1900s to 2000s. Used to enjoy it as it was accurate to time frame when something was invented e.g television or bottled beer etc. 

I never tried that one! I would have loved it.

Also, not a true tycoon but have you played Prison Architect? Fantastic little game

1 hour ago, TheMuggySpud said:

I never tried that one! I would have loved it.

Also, not a true tycoon but have you played Prison Architect? Fantastic little game

It was good, different years would have weather changes and bad crops. More sports equipment sold in summer. Consumerism trends with seasons. You could put AI in and have takeover bids to buy their companies etc. Just felt a complete game of it's kind to get immersed in was a lot of fun. 

You could do missions like campaign or sandbox mode kinda thing. 

I didn't play Prison Architect, but sounds like fun. 

I've only got the PC version but I believe the console one is the same and even mods can be got off the publishers website. The only difference I imagine would be how well the controls are implemented with a pad against the flawless mouse and keyboard functionality. If the controls are tight and intuitive then it should be a great purchase!

On 5/2/2022 at 11:25 PM, LordBaguette said:

I have it, has all the same features as PC version. Its the best coaster sim that exists easily

I recently looked at getting it on PC but refrained myself atm. There seems to be literally TONS of DLC updates to the game on PC so are they available on console too? I really wish they could make a sim game co-operative. Making an attraction site with someone else would be so cool.