Bori$ Beck£r

J4MES OX4D

Seriously how the fuck do you get £50m in debt? Multi-millionaire sports personality, lots of lavish global assets and also was still working as a broadcaster earning more in 2 weeks than people earn in 10 years. What sort of elitist lifestyle do you have to lead where you get into such a state and then have to conceal assets scattered all over the globe so you don't have to pay a portion of the overall debt? He's now landed himself a 30 month prison sentence and has nothing left - even having to see his sports memorabilia auctioned off so creditors can reclaim some of the money owed.

It's quite a fascinating read but it beggars belief how someone of some intelligence can allow their circumstances to spiral like that and live so recklessly. It's not even a case of it being a company collapse or a chain of horrendous circumstances - this is a personal debt fueled by money-mismanagement and sheer greed on an unprecedented scale.  

9 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

How does all that money go? 

Very, very easily. I could spend $50m in a day, once you see how rich people spend money it changes your outlook on life.

Apart from the usual yachts / private jets / all that nonsense there's the daily stuff. When income increases, so does the cost of outgoings. We spend a couple of quid on bread and milk, they spend £15 on the same because it's all organic fresh fairtrade blablabla that's bought in by the staff, not them. 

I spent two years working directly for a chap worth £5b. Yes, billion with a B. The stories I could tell you would blow your mind. 

Here's one - I was chatting to his PA one day who was flapping around the office as if the world was collapsing. I asked her what was up and she told me he missed his flight. I didn't understand how this could be such a drama so simply asked if she couldn't book him a new flight, just ring BA or whatever. How wrong was I. He had a slot booked for his own private jet at the airport. The jet was on the tarmac ready to go, fully fuelled, pilot and crew on board, food and drink, the lot. The slot cost £15k and it was a 15 minute slot. This means that ATC is on standby for 15 minutes and he owns the runway for that duration. He missed his slot which meant he had to pay another £15k to the airport for a new one, which wasn't available, so he had to buy a slot from someone else for £50k. Yes, there are people out there who book slots with no intention of flying just so they can profit off this kind of thing. He shrugged this off as I would putting out half a fag. It was absolutely nothing to him, pocket change. That's how these people work, money is absolutely not on their radar at all. 

banlol.png

11 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Very, very easily. I could spend $50m in a day, once you see how rich people spend money it changes your outlook on life.

Apart from the usual yachts / private jets / all that nonsense there's the daily stuff. When income increases, so does the cost of outgoings. We spend a couple of quid on bread and milk, they spend £15 on the same because it's all organic fresh fairtrade blablabla that's bought in by the staff, not them. 

I spent two years working directly for a chap worth £5b. Yes, billion with a B. The stories I could tell you would blow your mind. 

Here's one - I was chatting to his PA one day who was flapping around the office as if the world was collapsing. I asked her what was up and she told me he missed his flight. I didn't understand how this could be such a drama so simply asked if she couldn't book him a new flight, just ring BA or whatever. How wrong was I. He had a slot booked for his own private jet at the airport. The jet was on the tarmac ready to go, fully fuelled, pilot and crew on board, food and drink, the lot. The slot cost £15k and it was a 15 minute slot. This means that ATC is on standby for 15 minutes and he owns the runway for that duration. He missed his slot which meant he had to pay another £15k to the airport for a new one, which wasn't available, so he had to buy a slot from someone else for £50k. Yes, there are people out there who book slots with no intention of flying just so they can profit off this kind of thing. He shrugged this off as I would putting out half a fag. It was absolutely nothing to him, pocket change. That's how these people work, money is absolutely not on their radar at all. 

I suppose the more you have the more you spend. A lifestyle that most average folk can't fathom. 

I know you can spend a shitload on cars and yachts and mansions and a helipad to house a spiffing chopper. 

What I can't get is how he went from money to no money.

I mean if it was me, surely there is a transition period where you would be like I better go to Aldi for the shopping instead of buying the overpriced stuff. 

It's hard to imagine for me. I get it and understand how money can be spent so quick. Where is the self control and reigning back the spending to survive. 

That story is Wild man. 15k and wasn't even used and it was nothing at all. Felt like pence to them. 

It just shocks me how wreckless some people are with money. Especially a lot of money. 

Think of all the good things you could do with it to help others. 

I do remember Boris  had a big divorce settlement in the early 2000's.

It just blows my mind how wasteful rich people are. 😳

1 minute ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I suppose the more you have the more you spend. A lifestyle that most average folk can't fathom. 

I know you can spend a shitload on cars and yachts and mansions and a helipad to house a spiffing chopper. 

What I can't get is how he went from money to no money.

I mean if it was me, surely there is a transition period where you would be like I better go to Aldi for the shopping instead of buying the overpriced stuff. 

It's hard to imagine for me. I get it and understand how money can be spent so quick. Where is the self control and reigning back the spending to survive. 

That story is Wild man. 15k and wasn't even used and it was nothing at all. Felt like pence to them. 

It just shocks me how wreckless some people are with money. Especially a lot of money. 

Think of all the good things you could do with it to help others. 

I do remember Boris  had a big divorce settlement in the early 2000's.

It just blows my mind how wasteful rich people are. 😳

Once these people get that lifestyle and hang with others who have the same lifestyle, there's no going back. Too much pride on the line, they'll go bankrupt before they go to Aldi. 

My boss was absolutely dripping in money, he wasn't a showy guy but he wore Tom Ford shoes and bought a new pair every two months almost to the day. It was one of his things. I googled them - £1500 a pop.

We moved him in to his new country house, he bought a new mattress, never heard of the brand before. Googled it - £16k. For a mattress. His mum was based in Lucern but came to London now and then to see the grankids. He bought her a little London pad, one bedroom place in Chelsea, £5m. His coffee machine at home? £12k. I can go on, but you get the idea. It was absolutely mental.

I always used to think I wanted that kind of money but these people have no appreciation for anything. Nothing at all. I bought myself a scooter recently and I absolutely love the thing, it's my baby. To these people it's just another purchase. His second private jet was just another purchase too, I think he picked the colour and interior options and his PA bought it for him. To him it was like buying a washing machine.

Oh he also had a 1956 Porsche 356 sitting under a tarp at work. It was his dad's car so had some sentimental value, but it was just sitting there rotting away. Here's a rough idea of what they're worth.

Being loaded isn't what people think, yes they can have whatever they want but they have massive problems too, albeit very different to ours. 

banlol.png