Modern Warfare 2(022)

J4MES OX4D

MW 2019 was mechanically and visually a really big step up but the map design was all over the place, the emphasis on doors was silly and there wasn't enough content. There was some really outlandish design decisions and even spawn-trapping made a return. It was a big step forwards and then a couple of strides back. 

I also hate how sliding is ingrained in every bloody FPS now - in Cold War you could literally slide up hill and there was no movement penalty plus users had infinite sprint. I really hope these casual elements don't worm their way in to MW2 and it becomes distressingly dumbed-down. Users running lightweight classes on the slide with stim is just nauseating to play against. 

On 6/9/2022 at 7:31 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

The game itself isn't a 10/10 or a 2/10. If I was rating it myself personally I would give it a 7.5. 

I think that's the thing though. Many people back when it comes out give over the top reviews and talk like CoD has been a 3/10 game for years. 7.5 is a fantastic score for a CoD game, but I appreciate that the game is only NOW far better because it released with so little maps. Map rotation now is so good. We get to play so many different maps and it never feels like it gets old.

On 6/9/2022 at 7:31 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

That being said, playing with friends makes it ultimately a better experience. Even if it's a terrible match and we get whooped it's still banter. 

It's even more fun winning.

This has always been the case, although some games bullshit can stop that too. This game doesn't. Thursday nights event on CoD saw 5-6 of us group up and dominate all night. The only time where it felt like we probably need to practice like we used to was for a few games of Search and Destroy. More so because we haven't played that in years (sad face).

On 6/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, MrBiron said:

Those things are what killed MW2019 for me. COD is supposed to be a fast paced shooter and they made it into a boring camp-fest.

I'm not finding it a campfest atm. Maybe its just because of the years moved the sweaty players away, or that map rotation is good enough to force that not happening. I'll argue with you to the end of time that now Dead Silence not in the game as a perk has made it a better game because that invokes MORE camping. Honestly, I think you'd love grouping up again on this.

23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

MW 2019 was mechanically and visually a really big step up but the map design was all over the place, the emphasis on doors was silly and there wasn't enough content. There was some really outlandish design decisions and even spawn-trapping made a return. It was a big step forwards and then a couple of strides back. 

The content I think was the main killer for people's views when it initially came out. I think the only spawn trapping I see now is on Shipment, which lets face it, is a clusterfuck abomination of a map that you are supposed to just have fun with rather than worry about spawns and K/D. It's the world we live in today - AAA games of the last 3-8 years are the strongest out there because of the constant updates they've had. Very few AAA games now get the content that you would expect in games 10 years old where we all got it from launch. Its a shame but maybe the positive is we are now seeing these games flourish, and for people that haven't bought them, they're only £15 pre-owned.

The whole Ninja/Dead Silence thing is a 50/50 double edged sword. 

Yes people can camp harder being silent, but the real goblins are laying prone and not moving. The footsteps are irrelevant. 

However the people who do want to rush and move about are being punished with the loud footsteps and maybe getting killed the odd time from it. (Especially in Search) 

So that makes the aggressive players maybe rethink their tactics and slow down, which then before they realise they are actually camping and getting a VTOL. Ultimately becoming the thing they hate ("Camper"). 

I think Cold War and Vanguard got Ghost right. In those games you have to move a little at least or it won't be affective if your stationary for too long. 

In MW19 you can be absolutely still and Ghost works 100%.

21 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I think Cold War and Vanguard got Ghost right. In those games you have to move a little at least or it won't be affective if your stationary for too long. 

In MW19 you can be absolutely still and Ghost works 100%.

I forgot about that. That's also something that added to the camping as players could just sit in a corner and be hidden from UAVs, plus there is the fact that gunfire didn't show on the mini map. It's like IW made this game specifically for campers.

fart.gif

With Modern Warfare II’s launch fast approaching, some questions remain; what strides are Infinity Ward taking to make Modern Warfare II a fresh experience? Similar to its predecessor, Infinity Ward plans to refine its parkour system, drawing inspiration from Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst, as well as with the introduction of all-new features and mechanics; here’s the scoop! 

With Modern Warfare II’s multiplayer maps sticking to a more tight and hard-lined approach to level design; players will be able to meddle with these mechanics in Warzone 2, putting these new features to the test in a larger, more variable playground; using the environment to your advantage!

Movement

Ladders & Ropes

With Ladders, you’ll be able to vertically position the equipment alongside walls, containers, and buildings; though if not supported, it will fall and shatter, causing the Field Upgrade to reset. 

For Ropes, You’ll be able to repel down, and scale up buildings with this tool. whilst repelling, players can also swing through windows, or into collapsed walls. You can also attach the rope to vehicles and players, allowing for a quick getaway for downed players. 

Shifting & Strafing 

Strafing lets you move sideways in any direction, as well as backwards. Say you get too close to a threat, or you turn a corner where you’re at a disadvantage, you can shift out of the area to clear some space and get a better view of your options and surroundings. 

Wall-climb

Players will be able to vertically clamber up walls, this feature is determined by the height of the platform you’re trying to reach and mount.

Ledge-hanging 

You’ll be able to hang off and grab onto ledges. Call of Duty’s newest mechanic that allows players to reach for impracticable platforms, also reduces fall damage. Players will also be able to use their sidearm whilst ledge-hanging. 

Sliding

Sliding has since been revised, allowing for players to now slide into a prone position, as well as down angled inclines and slopes. 

Bunny-hopping

Bunny-hopping is dependent on the height a player falls from; the greater the height, the more speed boost you will gain onto your bunny-hop.  

Gameplay features

Exigency hip-fire (Quick sidearm draw)

A feature that allows you to quickly switch to your sidearm with one hand, this can also be done with lethals. 

Suppressor Meter

You can change the size of suppressors and depending on the size it’ll affect recoil, damage, and ranges. There’ll exist a meter that players will be able to mess with and find their balance. 

Weapon handling (Grips) 

An operator will have the option of choosing between a set of different tactical handlings and techniques; this can affect the accuracy and speed of a weapon, some examples include a Magwell Grip, and C-Clamp Grip. 

Magazine check animation

-For modes with limited heads-up-display (HUD), you’ll be able to inspect a weapons magazine count. 

Reticle ammunition count 

New design where reticles display a weapons ammo count, seen with revolvers and shotguns. 

These refined and renewed mechanics will give fans a new learning-curve, that’ll allow players to effectively interact with, practice, and master stringing together unfamiliar gameplay features.

15 minutes ago, Lurch said:

With Modern Warfare II’s launch fast approaching, some questions remain; what strides are Infinity Ward taking to make Modern Warfare II a fresh experience? Similar to its predecessor, Infinity Ward plans to refine its parkour system, drawing inspiration from Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst, as well as with the introduction of all-new features and mechanics; here’s the scoop! 

With Modern Warfare II’s multiplayer maps sticking to a more tight and hard-lined approach to level design; players will be able to meddle with these mechanics in Warzone 2, putting these new features to the test in a larger, more variable playground; using the environment to your advantage!

Movement

Ladders & Ropes

With Ladders, you’ll be able to vertically position the equipment alongside walls, containers, and buildings; though if not supported, it will fall and shatter, causing the Field Upgrade to reset. 

For Ropes, You’ll be able to repel down, and scale up buildings with this tool. whilst repelling, players can also swing through windows, or into collapsed walls. You can also attach the rope to vehicles and players, allowing for a quick getaway for downed players. 

Shifting & Strafing 

Strafing lets you move sideways in any direction, as well as backwards. Say you get too close to a threat, or you turn a corner where you’re at a disadvantage, you can shift out of the area to clear some space and get a better view of your options and surroundings. 

Wall-climb

Players will be able to vertically clamber up walls, this feature is determined by the height of the platform you’re trying to reach and mount.

Ledge-hanging 

You’ll be able to hang off and grab onto ledges. Call of Duty’s newest mechanic that allows players to reach for impracticable platforms, also reduces fall damage. Players will also be able to use their sidearm whilst ledge-hanging. 

Sliding

Sliding has since been revised, allowing for players to now slide into a prone position, as well as down angled inclines and slopes. 

Bunny-hopping

Bunny-hopping is dependent on the height a player falls from; the greater the height, the more speed boost you will gain onto your bunny-hop.  

Gameplay features

Exigency hip-fire (Quick sidearm draw)

A feature that allows you to quickly switch to your sidearm with one hand, this can also be done with lethals. 

Suppressor Meter

You can change the size of suppressors and depending on the size it’ll affect recoil, damage, and ranges. There’ll exist a meter that players will be able to mess with and find their balance. 

Weapon handling (Grips) 

An operator will have the option of choosing between a set of different tactical handlings and techniques; this can affect the accuracy and speed of a weapon, some examples include a Magwell Grip, and C-Clamp Grip. 

Magazine check animation

-For modes with limited heads-up-display (HUD), you’ll be able to inspect a weapons magazine count. 

Reticle ammunition count 

New design where reticles display a weapons ammo count, seen with revolvers and shotguns. 

These refined and renewed mechanics will give fans a new learning-curve, that’ll allow players to effectively interact with, practice, and master stringing together unfamiliar gameplay features.

Excellent post James and full of information. 

They did mention maybe swimming would be an option as well. 

Hope people don't camp with Shotguns underwater ughhh..... 

I think you can only use your secondary underwater. Depends if Shotguns will be primary or secondary, judging on past history Treyarch do Shotgun secondaries and Infinity Ward always make them primary. 😀

44 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I'm still waiting on a version of Kowloon for the modern game, I'll never get it I know... but that alone would make me buy another COD. MW2019 was the last one I bothered with.

Kowloon is a 10/10 for me and would love to see it. From BO1 a Treyarch game, so it would never crossover to MW or I highly doubt it. 

On 6/16/2022 at 4:05 PM, Lurch said:

Wall-climb

Ledge-hanging 

Great info post @Lurch . I think these two updates feel like they should have the most impact out of all the changes imo. It really changes the combat depending on how much you can either walk on walls, jet packs, or boots on the ground. I think adding verticality is a good thing, providing they have enough options to combat camping at high places. The ledge-hanging definitely sounds interesting and makes you feel like you can hide on a ledge for a short while.

The ledge-hanging sounds pretty different as you can wield a Pistol or whatever. I wonder how long you can "hang" 

My question is can you ledge camp? Also since launchers will be a secondary can you Ledge-hang an RPG? 😂

The sliding into prone, that could be the new "drop shot" I'm assuming you can jump slide a strange angle for a filthy position to bamboozle enemies perhaps like round a corner?  With a Shotgun. 😈

I'm excited and a bit apprehensive about some of these new mechanics. 

3 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

The ledge-hanging sounds pretty different as you can wield a Pistol or whatever. I wonder how long you can "hang" 

My question is can you ledge camp? Also since launchers will be a secondary can you Ledge-hang an RPG? 😂

The sliding into prone, that could be the new "drop shot" I'm assuming you can jump slide a strange angle for a filthy position to bamboozle enemies perhaps like round a corner?  With a Shotgun. 😈

I'm excited and a bit apprehensive about some of these new mechanics. 

I can't wait to drive head first through windows again 😂

11 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Not much to go on but it really does look exactly the same as MW2019

It's supposed to be pretty much the same as MW2019. If it actually has decent maps then that's no bad thing. The core gameplay of MW2019 was solid. 

Although, as I've said before, if the game has super loud footsteps then I'll avoid it. 

fart.gif

21 hours ago, MrBiron said:

It's supposed to be pretty much the same as MW2019. If it actually has decent maps then that's no bad thing. The core gameplay of MW2019 was solid. 

Although, as I've said before, if the game has super loud footsteps then I'll avoid it. 

Agree maps and footsteps are a big issue how do the Devs keep fucking up on this year after year.

44 minutes ago, techno said:

Agree maps and footsteps are a big issue how do the Devs keep fucking up on this year after year.

The maps are always up for debate and scrutiny. 👀

Apart from MW19's elephant running on a tin roof footsteps, I think the footsteps were rather fair in Cold War and on Vanguard unless playing Search & Destroy they are barely noticeable. Also there is a ninja perk in Vanguard and Cold War. 

8 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

The maps are always up for debate and scrutiny. 👀

Apart from MW19's elephant running on a tin roof footsteps, I think the footsteps were rather fair in Cold War and on Vanguard unless playing Search & Destroy they are barely noticeable. Also there is a ninja perk in Vanguard and Cold War. 

The game needs ninja/ dead silence. It's a bit of a crutch perk for me as I just hate the sound. As for maps, of the newer ones were any good surely people wouldnt want shipment 24/7 or old maps re-inteoduced?

4 hours ago, techno said:

The game needs ninja/ dead silence. It's a bit of a crutch perk for me as I just hate the sound. As for maps, of the newer ones were any good surely people wouldnt want shipment 24/7 or old maps re-inteoduced?

I totally get the footsteps thing, it doesn't always bother me. What usually happens is your team mates don't have quiet footsteps and they are all around. I swear team mates loud footsteps get me killed lol. 

There has definitely been good and bad new maps over the last few Cods. 

Personally I love Shipment because I'm a camo grinder and nothing is better than that map (aside longshots). 

However there are plenty of older maps that have never been redone. 

Things like Terminal and highrise which is constantly asked by the community. 

It's just usually the Nuketown/Summit/Jungle constantly and shit like crash, vacant etc. 

Personally I would love a remake of Favela, that map was badass. 

Or Black ops 1 Grid or Kwaloon sp? 

20 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I totally get the footsteps thing, it doesn't always bother me. What usually happens is your team mates don't have quiet footsteps and they are all around. I swear team mates loud footsteps get me killed lol. 

There has definitely been good and bad new maps over the last few Cods. 

Personally I love Shipment because I'm a camo grinder and nothing is better than that map (aside longshots). 

However there are plenty of older maps that have never been redone. 

Things like Terminal and highrise which is constantly asked by the community. 

It's just usually the Nuketown/Summit/Jungle constantly and shit like crash, vacant etc. 

Personally I would love a remake of Favela, that map was badass. 

Or Black ops 1 Grid or Kwaloon sp? 

Oh I agree there are plenty of different maps I'd love to see. But it shouldn't be hard to make new maps that are as good that people will actually remember the names of.

New campaign trailer on PS5. This looks incredible.

In the past COD has been slated for having poor graphics but that is absolutely not the case now.

I'm looking forward to playing the campaign as the MW2019 campaign is great.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Campaign releases this time next week. Still really unsure about picking this up although I would like to play the story. 

Same as that and think I'll resist until I see a whole bunch of reviews at the very least.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg