DayZ 1.17 FG PUBLIC Server - FG Stories and Updates

phil bottle

The awaited patch has finally dropped to stable. I'm going to sort out a server to play it on at some point this week. I plan to keep the server open to randoms. Will post up when it's ready.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'll start with a basic vanilla DayZ server, maybe just 10 slots to start with, possibly 20, will see.

Can expand upon that going forward and we can look at which mods we want to install.

I'll probably use GTX as they are a well established hoster of DayZ servers.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@BO7H B4RRELS , I'm sorry buty you won't have a choice to not be available to be on this FG server. Its in the ten commandments, mate. I've read them so just take my word for it 😎

Thanks @phil bottle for looking into this for us. I'm super hyped to get back into DayZ after our escapades last time out. Made a huge base which took ages and we were definitely in the swing of things for a while.

GTX seems a good start as that's where our other ones are.

I agree with Vanilla too. I think if we end up having mods too early we then struggle to update servers and game saves, etc. We'll have to see who is up for it too. I definitely think we can grab some ol' regulars too like @Dylanimo16

Runs well, I'm getting 120+ fps.

Spawned in Berezino and logged out at Stary Sobor. I'm Rlreasonably ok in terms of food and equipment too, as I found a pistol and then a silencer among others.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

10 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Runs well, I'm getting 120+ fps.

Spawned in Berezino and logged out at Stary Sobor. I'm Rlreasonably ok in terms of food and equipment too, as I found a pistol and then a silencer among others.

Since I've played like 20 mins with this, can you build? Or is constant wandering around trying to not die?

35 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Since I've played like 20 mins with this, can you build? Or is constant wandering around trying to not die?

Yep, we had a really nice base last time we did a server.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just to note that there are some changes some might not be aware of.

There are now dynamic gas attacks on towns. If its the town you're in, first a flare will go up and then you will hear artillery. You have about a minute and a half to get safe.

It lasts about 15 minutes. Only stay if you have the right gear on you. You can see a town currently under attack as the gas is very visible. 

A couple of military bases and certain forests are permanently under a cloud of gas, check the map for them.

I'm currently overwatching Stary Sobor and was joined there last night by @crispymorgan

I have too much gear on me and need to find a tent. Crispy found some tarp, so we may be able to craft one.

I've also added 3 daily automatic restarts to keep the server fresh👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

If you are struggling for food, use the iZurvive map that details where the fruit trees are, there are plenty.  I find rather than looking on the ground it is better to use tab and keep an eye on the vicinity box on the left, you can even move with WASD while you are in menu so can take in a few few trees.  Eat only good fruit or dried fruit, not rotten as this makes you ill.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

So yeah @Diddums dying to a pack of wolves has to be my highlight so far 😁

Three of us are in Stary now, have a couple of shelters thanks to @crispymorgan

@GazzaGarratt has set up a camp fire although we did have to contend with sporadic rain. 

Need tents or to build more shelters as I'm running out of space🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

First night in on Tuesday for the FG DayZ server and it was great. Felt real good getting back into the baron wasteland and checking over places. Now one thing that seemed to be better feeling this time out on a Vanilla server game is that I didn't feel wholly lost even though our only server we've been on here in recent years was with a GPS and auto-run enabled. Using DayZ izurvive map, it took me a while but I could manage to find where I was going and by the end of the night, meet up with Phil and where the current makeshift base is.

I think a few other randomers jumped on which was cool to know as thats what helps give DayZ that extra edge being a survival PvEvP map. The harshness also seems to be slightly better this time out but not too easy so it doesn't remove anything from the game. Playing DayZ on console Vanilla version just felt incredibly painful but this one feels like its testing, challenging but rewarding. I really need to watch a video for what we can build now. I loved our last build in a deep forest where we had constant wolves for danger/food purposes.

Clearly, Cargo drops aren't a thing in Vanilla DayZ so we'll need to understand where we can find tents and more shelters. I think might start making a simplistic box base for now though. Even the makeshift leaves and twigs as a tent look really cool.

Highlight was defo hearing Didds get eaten by Wolves 🤣 I think the rain was annoying AF just before we logged off as everytime we kept coming out of our hut, dried our clothes next to a fire, it would start raining again! It was just like England! GGs @phil bottle, @crispymorgan  and @Diddums.

I can feel we can make a real go of this server and also invite new people to it so we can see how we get on. Lets share pics where we can too.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:22 PM, TurboR56Mini said:

When are you guys usually logging on? I've been stuck in NMS as I forgot how much fun the base building is. 

I'll be logging on today. Home routine has been a nightmare with the daughter's footy carrying on for like, forever. Be prepared to use your two screens continually to find out where you are 😅 Also, if you can find a compass, keep it! Really need one to help us get round a bit more without worrying about getting completely lost.

@crispymorgan , nice work on the cow. I miss that BBQ too! I'm thinking of making a few walls later, just to see how that works again.

14 hours ago, TheMuggySpud said:

How strong of a PC is needed to run DayZ? I've got it on Console but the UI is absolutely woeful and every single server requires you to join a discord server. 

I have a shitty laptop so was wondering how heavy the game is on hardware

Here are the DayZ System Requirements (Minimum):

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430.
CPU SPEED: Info.
RAM: 8 GB.
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 270X.
PIXEL SHADER: 5.0.
VERTEX SHADER: 5.0.
SOUND CARD: DirectX®-compatible.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

1 hour ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Here are the DayZ System Requirements (Minimum):

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430.
CPU SPEED: Info.
RAM: 8 GB.
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 270X.
PIXEL SHADER: 5.0.
VERTEX SHADER: 5.0.
SOUND CARD: DirectX®-compatible.

TOMMY!!!! Thank you, I'll stick to The Binding of Isaac for now so 😂

• GazzaGarratt changed the title to DayZ 1.17 FG PUBLIC Server - FG Stories and Updates

Let's give you a small update story on how when Carl @TurboR56Mini  joins the server, @crispymorgan  jumps in and out and causes havoc in the process....

So, Carl needs to get where our little camp is for the interim period before we go off and find a better place to defend and call Home. After 5 minutes of walking around, Carl finds a place on the map where he is - Way East of Stary Sobor but thats okay. @phil bottle and myself start making our way to help get him and bring him back, with our food and drink supplies, it should be a piece of cake (Like Sponge cake, the easiest to make).

At this moment, Crispy logs on. "I'll help, where are you guys?". We're half way there but we stop around in a small village, about 2 mins away from Carl. We loot a few things and grab basic stuff. Phil goes to hide in a building, whilst i'm just checking the map to see how far we've gotta go.

BANG, BANG!

Crispy has arrived. Now I haven't got using a gun yet on the server. I take very much the Sledgehammer approach. Its a very therapeutic way of relieving stress with Zombies. Now before Crispy finishing saying, "yeah if we go that way", Zombies start to flow. Nay, they thunder towards us. Cripsy bags himself straight into the building on the street. "Uh, lets get ourselves inside for a second". Okay. But first Ihave to get over a small wall to the building. By that time Crispy has made his way inside - and closed the door.

Now, at this moment. I start panicking slightly. No deaths on the server yet, decent loot on me, tons of stuff for Carl too (a fancy Police Cap was going to be my first present for him). I race to the door - "Let me in, mate!", as a Zombie starts to munch on my shoulder. "Just get in!", "I'm TRYING!!". Now, i'm clearly pressing D instead of F because mild panic sets in with blood on my screen. When I then start pressing F, it doesn't open. Unbeknown to me, Crisoy tries to open the door at the same time resulting in Door staying firmly closed. One last time I press F, the Door finally opens....

BANG BANG BANG BANG!

This screen follows:

image.png

Somehow Crispy forgot that Doors can't be opened by Zombies and thought my pale looking survival body with a Green Helmet on looked like I wanted to eat him. In the space 0.134 seconds too. Its the thought that counts though, as Crispy then proceeds to try and say that "you look revivable, hang on". But, alas, my screen stays on that screen above. Funny that.

Lessons learned.

1. Never let Crispy out of your sight.

2. Never let him come on a road trip.