No Man's Sky

On 4/25/2022 at 2:20 PM, Shucker said:

It's cross platform so surely, crossgen shouldn't be an issue. Four of us have rolled new characters so now is a great time to jump in!

Yep, completely crossplay @TheMuggySpud , would be great to catch up more regularly 😎

I've started my game on the PS5 over the past week to see how it goes. The colours are vibrant and i've enjoyed the part i've done so far. I can see you can lose quite a few hours into this by purely just scanning everything and lasering everything in sight. I'm no way near all this new Outlaw stuff I imagine. Loads of the intro stuff to do as its throwing the next stage of stuff to build for base building at the moment. The controls are fiddlier than expected on console, so might see what its like on PC too. Not sure why stuff needs filling and then I have to press x on it and then drag them into the relevant thing. Is the save crosssave too?

How long does all the tutorial bits go on for btw? I really need to electricity and what to build so may need a separate thread on that one. Be good to share pics and whatnot on how your planet looks and what you've built so far too.

And thanks @TurboR56Mini  for getting a NMS PSN group set up whenever we need it on there. 👍

Yea I'm sure the PC is quicker for moving but I can't asked to start again. Saves are not cross play. I've gotten used to it again like left stick to run not right etc. For the most part, everyone is on PS so the chat is easier on everyone. But discord should solve that at some point hopefully. 

On 4/25/2022 at 10:26 AM, phil bottle said:

A PS chat has been set up for it by @TurboR56Mini so we'll get you added to that. There's a fair few people playing it now so you'll have good company🙂

Tonight then. I've got it installed and ready to go. Need to drag @techno in to it too. 

banlol.png

Got a really good start into the game over the past week and a bit. I know I've only tocuhed the surface but thanks to @kaltak  initially showing me the ropes with some progression on the early story to get me through the first Space Station I cam across and some upgrades to my rucksack and all-in-one blaster 😄 Thanks Kal!

I was then on over the weekend and was around when @Shucker  and @TurboR56Mini  we're on the same planet together. After joining, I realised that I was visiting my first stable planet! Its mad that you have to see only harsh planets at the start and it felt so nice not to worry about Carbon, Sodium or Oxygen at all. I went off to find some Hidden Tech so I could get the Salvaged Data for the building parts and found a huge tunnel I dug into from the top so followed it out and ended up on the end of the cave which looked a perfect place to start a proper base build (rather than the crappy one you have to try and do on the crappy planet! 🤣).

Carl really helped by giving me some proper renewable power and helped me get a ship from a random NPC that actually landed right next to my build! The power whilst I still want to learn it, really does help someone doing that at the start otherwise it feels like a really harsh start as the wiring isn't that obvious at the start and costs an absolute bitch of carbon.

I couldn't get a pic of the base because for some reason I can't see where it is when I logged in - @Shucker , @TurboR56Mini , might need your help understanding that one. Outside of that though, heres my ship and me so far. Thanks for the help so far you guys, really helpful to have a little jumpstart. Just need to move the story on I think so I can get to the Anomaly(?) as Carl says that allows you to learn even more of the cool building pieces, like landing bays which I NEED very muchly. Fanks.

180afb79f6176-screenshotUrl.jpg

On 5/10/2022 at 11:03 PM, Shucker said:

Not sure why, but when I logged in, I didn't see yours and @TurboR56Mini 's bases on my HUD.... <shrug>

EDIT: Oh, wait. Maybe you didn't "Upload" it at the base computer...?

What does that mean mate? I mean, I made sure I saved my last checkpoint and left a base computer down so I can't get my head around why I couldn't find it? You can have multiple bases can't you?

22 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

so remember to upload every time if you are working on your main base!

Thanks Carl. So before I log off, i need to go up to the base computer and 'upload' it?

On 5/17/2022 at 7:58 PM, Shucker said:

Found this from unofficial channel...

Your save remembers your game details ie base layout, ship type, equipment, upgrades milestones ect.

Your base upload allows others to actually view your base, should they visit via portal or warp but only applies to the most recent upload per planet. (This is different to full multiplayer where you share the same time and space).

Thanks Shucker, that makes it sound like it should be there then. All I can remember is I joined your instance but when i logged back on I expected to be in that Solar System, but it didn't look like it. What planet is it called again? Maybe I can search it in another way if my game has taken my elsewhere.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:07 PM, Shucker said:

NEW EXPEDITION STARTS TODAY! (Note: 10GB Update on PS5)

The 7th No Man's Sky expedition, "Leviathan", finds Travellers trapped in a time-loop curse suspected to trace back to a near-mythical space creature. 
Join the community effort to help recover memory fragments, lost remnants of previous loops, and liberate the universe in this unique rogue-like survival adventure. 
Jam-packed with rewards, including the WhaleStalker Cloak, Temporal Starship Trail and, the ultimate prize, the Leviathan itself, an imposing living frigate to add to your fleet. 

Leviathan2.png
WWW.NOMANSSKY.COM

Hello Everyone! It’s been such a thrill to see players enjoying our most recent major update, OUTLAWS. Whether it was hunting down pirates for lucrative bounties, becoming an intergalactic smuggler yourself...

How do these expeditions work then? Do you have to go to a certain place in Space? I always wondered if it was reallyeasy that you could select an instance that would take you straight there perhaps?

16 hours ago, Shucker said:

To start one, you create a new game/save and select Expedition from the options.

That helps to know, thanks Shucker. Do you use your one character and stuff account wide on any new game then?

16 hours ago, Shucker said:

It's a stand-alone experience but you keep the rewards, which are account-wide. This one, in my opinion, isn't suited to newcomers as it's permadeath/roguelike.

I saw the roguelike explanation of the timeloop/reset feature but didn't really understand what I was going to be looking for to make it worhwhile. I imagine the game pushes you through the objectives if you can stay alive?