Battlefield 2042 Patch 4.0 incoming with over 400 fixes

GazzaGarratt

FQNsgjnX0AEB_GC?format=jpg&name=medium

After Easter (next week), we'll be getting a significantly huge patch with over 400 fixes to the game. Patch Notes apparently out next week but here's the key bits from the Community Manager tweets:

• Rao and Paik shall have their traits updated

• Sundance has also received some fixes to their Grenade Belt, allowing for better Anti-Armor Grenade target acquisition within their immediate vicinity rather than things football fields away
  • Ribbons have been tweaked in order to allow easier unlocking across modes such as Rush.
  • XP for Support Actions and Teamplay within the game have also been balanced to ensure teamwork remains king

• Vehicular Warfare balancing alongside targeted tweaks to the likes of the Bolte, to ensure that Infantry/Vehicle counter play still has some bite!

• Bug Fixes towards the ADS bug when exiting a vehicle and reviving near obstacles are also in this Update.

• Attachments shall also receive an overhaul in Update 4.0, with a focus on ensuring they feel unique and have an impact on your loadout choice and gunplay.

He signs off saying "While this merely scratches the surface of Update 4.0 in #Battlefield 2042, we do appreciate the patience afforded to us with getting this update out there. Again, truly looking forward to your feedback as the update goes live, next week. Stay safe out there folks 🐧"

I mean, I think its worth a stab back on it considering its a game I've barely even touched and had so much potential. Problem will likely be just the population and getting a full game I imagine!

What's people thinking? Anyone hoping for something big in the patch they haven't mentioned yet?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 4/16/2022 at 5:02 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

FQNsgjnX0AEB_GC?format=jpg&name=medium

After Easter (next week), we'll be getting a significantly huge patch with over 400 fixes to the game. Patch Notes apparently out next week but here's the key bits from the Community Manager tweets:

• Rao and Paik shall have their traits updated

• Sundance has also received some fixes to their Grenade Belt, allowing for better Anti-Armor Grenade target acquisition within their immediate vicinity rather than things football fields away
  • Ribbons have been tweaked in order to allow easier unlocking across modes such as Rush.
  • XP for Support Actions and Teamplay within the game have also been balanced to ensure teamwork remains king

• Vehicular Warfare balancing alongside targeted tweaks to the likes of the Bolte, to ensure that Infantry/Vehicle counter play still has some bite!

• Bug Fixes towards the ADS bug when exiting a vehicle and reviving near obstacles are also in this Update.

• Attachments shall also receive an overhaul in Update 4.0, with a focus on ensuring they feel unique and have an impact on your loadout choice and gunplay.

He signs off saying "While this merely scratches the surface of Update 4.0 in #Battlefield 2042, we do appreciate the patience afforded to us with getting this update out there. Again, truly looking forward to your feedback as the update goes live, next week. Stay safe out there folks 🐧"

I mean, I think its worth a stab back on it considering its a game I've barely even touched and had so much potential. Problem will likely be just the population and getting a full game I imagine!

What's people thinking? Anyone hoping for something big in the patch they haven't mentioned yet?

I never stopped playing 😂😂 It's still is a blast however i am looking forward to seeing the patch in action

400 fixes but not one piece of actual content - Battlefield 4 was already on it's 4th map expansion by now and that's not forgetting 40-odd new guns and hundreds of attachments to work through🤣

I quite like the interface changes but let's be honest, this is how it should've looked from the very start and no real difference to previous games. Not much to celebrate in this respect and it's astonishing how they managed to mess this up so spectacularly. 

No matter how many fixes they make though, the game is just too conceptually flawed. Every map for starters needs to be cut down by 60% and still reworked plus lobbies should be 64 max for the most typical BF experience. Every match seems to be riddled with bots too. 

This game would struggle to get 10,000 at a time on all systems even if it was free. They've also been bloody lucky Vanguard and Warzone has been utter shite but the new COD will surely kill it for good. God knows when the Ultimate Edition owners will finally get their stuff...

The people that are working on the game now largely weren't responsible for this absolute shit-show so they will probably improve it to a degree but it wont matter in the long run and it's just too far gone to salvage.