Wrestlemania 38

Antpool84

So did any of my fellow FGers watch night one of Wrestlemania last night? If so what did you think? What are you looking forward to on Night two?

I thought night 1 was alright, better than I expected it to be. I really enjoyed the Cody-Rollins match, and glad they let him keep his AEW entrance and character. Stone Cold-Owens was decent too, it was awesome that they actually got a match and not just a talk segment.

I'm really looking forward to Edge-Styles tonight, and Brock-Reigns and the RK-Bro tag match should both be pretty solid too

2 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

Well night two was a let down in my eyes.

In fairness, how do you follow up Stone Cold coming back on night one? Don't really watch it anymore but I still hope that it is fun for all to watch. Can't get my head around splitting it over 2 nights? Seems strange.

33 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

In fairness, how do you follow up Stone Cold coming back on night one? Don't really watch it anymore but I still hope that it is fun for all to watch. Can't get my head around splitting it over 2 nights? Seems strange.

It might be due to crowd attendance and Covid restrictions and space and capacity. Just a guess, to be honest I haven't watched wrestling since I was a wee boy. 

I do know who Stone Cold is to be honest. 😎

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

He was there both nights just the matches were better on night one.

Crazy they had both womens title matches on night one.

slamminbones.png

1 hour ago, slamminbones said:

Well night two was a let down in my eyes.

C'mon dude, seeing Stone Cold stun Vince made the night just on its own. I thout Pat McAfee did alright too. I really enjoyed the Sami Zayn-Johnny Knoxville match, it was just a great example of how silly matches can still be fun. The mens triple threat tag match was good too, the RKO that Riddle hit was awesome!! I knew Reigns was winning the main event as they are aiming for Reigns-Rock for Mania in LA next year.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

They started splitting in during Covid in 2020 so they didnt have as many performers back stage, and they have kept it going like that. Two nights means more ticket money i guess lol.

20 minutes ago, Antpool84 said:

They started splitting in during Covid in 2020 so they didnt have as many performers back stage, and they have kept it going like that. Two nights means more ticket money i guess lol.

Yeah, must be easier to maintain and maybe make as a weekend travel thing. I suppose my brain can't compute having the 'main' event across 2 days 😄

7 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah, must be easier to maintain and maybe make as a weekend travel thing. I suppose my brain can't compute having the 'main' event across 2 days 😄

Lol yeah, it was weird the first time they did it. They tend to put the big main event on the Sunday night to finish it all off and split the rest of the matches over the two days. Like @slamminbones said though it was weird that they had both Womens title matches on the same night as they usually have one on each night, but i think they did it as there was only one Mens world title match as it was a unification match.

1 hour ago, slamminbones said:

I mean the sammi and Johnny match was awesome Austin and vince match was good but I think they should of switched the matches around a little between both days.

I have to agree about the match allocation, couls have done being mixed up a bit more between the midcard and highlighted matches.

It was so funny when Vince couldn't take the Stunner 😂😂

54 minutes ago, Antpool84 said:

I have to agree about the match allocation, couls have done being mixed up a bit more between the midcard and highlighted matches.

It was so funny when Vince couldn't take the Stunner 😂😂

If it was anyone else else taking it wrong would of been slated but due to their age its ok 

slamminbones.png

Just now, slamminbones said:

If it was anyone else else taking it wrong would of been slated but due to their age its ok 

It was Austins face afterwards though, he was having a great time. Im going to be interested to see what they do with Cody now he has beaten Rollins

I caught bits and pieces of it.  I felt the first night to be far better then the second.  I've never been a fan of reigns so I've a hard time accepting his constant push when other guys on the roster are far superior.  AJ/Edge, Bianca/Lynch, Seth/Cody we're my favs from the event as a whole.  Rousey losing was a bit of a surprise and the boogs injury really sucked but it was a decent show overall.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

15 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

I've never been a fan of reigns so I've a hard time accepting his constant push when other guys on the roster are far superior. 

I'm the same way, I know Vince has his obsession with him and trying to make him as big as Cena and The Rock, and he has been far better as a heel in his title reign, but when you have guys like Edge, Balor, Styles,Owens and Rollins in the company, there are so many better long term options. 

21 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

Rousey losing was a bit of a surprise and the boogs injury really sucked but it was a decent show overall.

I thought that was odd too since they brought Rousey in to win the Rumble and then only to lose to Charlotte at Mania. Boogs was so unlucky, i think they may have been down to win had he not got injured

Yea, I figured that as well.  Probably Summerslam or something.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*