Little guitar doddle

Riff Machine

During our last episode of Descent Into Avernus, our DM Devin sang a little number while our party was in a tavern.  I had the melody stuck in my head for most of the week, and was playing around with it on the git-fiddle.  I came up with this little short bit, but long term, I'll be recording this and it'll be used as BG music for our pre-stream countdown.  Let me know what you think.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Sounds pretty good man, love the distorted bit especially. A nice meaty tone. Does the clean/intro bit have any reverb or delay on it? Could do with being a bit more floaty. 

Also you should rip a solo or nice lead melody over the heavier bit at the end. 

Does sound tasty tho dude. 

I'm running a bit of delay/chorus on that channel.  I've been messing around with some different tones and I may go with an acoustic sim with some light hall reverb to give it some body.  Depending on how long the tune will eventually be, I may add a nice solo at some point.  I haven't got that far yet to figure one out.  Lol!  Thanks for the input @IRaMPaGe

9 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I'm running a bit of delay/chorus on that channel.  I've been messing around with some different tones and I may go with an acoustic sim with some light hall reverb to give it some body.  Depending on how long the tune will eventually be, I may add a nice solo at some point.  I haven't got that far yet to figure one out.  Lol!  Thanks for the input @IRaMPaGe

Yeah I think the acoustic sim and light hall verb will just give it a more haunting kinda sound. It's definitely well played, just needs a little more something on the tone for that specific part. The riff is juicy tho. 

I was maybe getting a little ahead with the solo. 

I'm sure you will nail it tho dude. Anything you have in mind technique wise for it? Sweep picked arpeggios, tremolo picking a few pinched harmonics, a small tapping sequence? 

Like if Zakk Wylde and Eddie Van Halen had a baby that has a penchant for Steve Vai. 😎

I'm not nearly as good as EVH or Father Wylde to craft a solo of that magnitude.  Lol!  If I throw one in there, it'll probably be something minor that's more harmony then anything.

48 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

I'm not nearly as good as EVH or Father Wylde to craft a solo of that magnitude.  Lol!  If I throw one in there, it'll probably be something minor that's more harmony then anything.

I know man, there are thousands of great guitar players that will never reach those levels. Those guys are just insane, I was more just curious to what kind of style you would incorporate solo wise. 

Dimebag Darrell was unbelievable as well. 

But look at Dave Gilmour from Pink Floyd he doesn't exactly shred, but his solo's are magnificent and lot's of beautiful bends and progressions. 

I think you could knock a decent one out, I mean I just love a good guitar solo. Kinda felt you were doing something cool and that was missing, but I'm probably being greedy lol. 

Love how it changes! But also i'm a big fan of the start too. You could do a hell of a lot of background music for so much stuff with your ideas dude. Have you thought about doing that for other things?