Weapon Crafting

Baabcat

So what do we think of it! What are you guys spending those oh so bloody rare ascendant alloys on. Any interesting builds.

My thoughts so far:

wish ascendent alloys were easier to get / more plentiful supply, i've only had 4 and still got one left!

I've got a mission fully completed red-border guns in the vault and all my various materials are full except for the Alloys, which seems like a bit of a poor economy. Like the last thing i need is more stuff to put in the vault

However tweaking that aside i see promise in it - just got to rank up guns quicker than i am.

So far spent two alloys on Osteo catalyst, which is beast

Only other Alloy I have spent is on my Glaive, gave it upgraded rampage, which i'm running with Grave Robber, which is a nice perk for this weapon, but dont seem like any point in upgrading it further - whats anyone else doing with their Enigma?

Any good ideas for builds?

So far I'm not really into it, I think the crafting patterns drop rate on some weapons is a disgrace. I've also got world drops of weapons I'd probably craft that way so what's the point? Maybe moving forward there should be some exclusive perks if they aren't game breaking only available through crafting, I know they'd be hard to balance. 

Datto did a good video on the economy and thought it ridiculous that people would fill vault space with red border weapons as if you play the game enough then it wouldn't take long to grind materials. In summary it's an interesting addition that if managed well will be a good addition but if not could easily be ignored.

21 minutes ago, Teenwolf25 said:

In all honesty I haven’t really been crafting much. I don’t see the point to some extent. If I have a god roll weapon already why would I want to start a weapon off from scratch and it be shit for ages 

Because thats not how it works! You don't start from scratch, you simply swap out perks. So if the meta changes or your playstyle changes, you can simply swap out the perks for some materials. I just did this with my glaive so I know you don't lose progression. I changed all perks and lost no progression. Leveling is fairly quick depending on events.

I think the system needs some work like higher caps for materials, 250 seems stupid. Overall I think there is lots of potential.

Well, its nice to have it in the game - although i've not really used it yet!

I'm not concerned about any of the max caps that has been fedback recently by streamers as I really can't see that affecting me. Its a little weird we have to level up the gun to sometimes to get perks that we've already received via RNG, but I suppose that's because we are trying to unlock enhanced traits that give tiny upgrades to what we already have.

I still get an awful lot of RNG loot so its difficult to try out crafting a weapon as I find my time spent trying RNG guns, and then using the red border guns to get the materials...even though I don't really reshape anything just yet!

I think its a concept that they've managed to get in the game ahead of us knowing we'll need it. Early days, you usually don't need these things at all, but as the game goes on and different content comes into the game, I'm sure there is a vested interest in crafting the ideal weapon you want. After all, it must be for endgame content otherwise it won't have longevity in it.

One thing I would love to see earlier than later is more standard guns added to the crafting. I don't see the point in just closing it off to the new guns that are in the game as we're likely to use RNG drops first on them before we go and think about crafting another one.

I don't really care for it.  But the fact that they've already decided to remove a bunch of currencies for it is a plus.  I don't know why every time this company tries something, they have to introduce a shit ton of new currencies to keep track of.  Keep it simple otherwise, people won't give a damn.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

1 hour ago, Riff Machine said:

I don't really care for it.  But the fact that they've already decided to remove a bunch of currencies for it is a plus.  I don't know why every time this company tries something, they have to introduce a shit ton of new currencies to keep track of.  Keep it simple otherwise, people won't give a damn.

I think the balance in a live game was, if they make it too simple to start with then it might not be worth it because people say there's nothing to it. Then its harder to add into the mechanics extra stuff like they have done. I think luckily its better this way that they go out guns blazing and then make it simpler afterwards.

As long as they add more guns to craft at some point soon mind you! 😅

They did the same with the umbral engrams.  When they first were implemented, they were great!  The currency you needed to decode was easily available via the public event and you could actually farm multiple rolls you were looking for during the season.  Then they screwed it all up with beyond Light and added yet another currency only available through the slog that is battlegrounds and the cost was so ridiculous you had to do multiple runs in order to decrypt one.  A trend they've kept since then with this season "risen energy" garbage.  

With all the currencies we had, why the hell didn't they let us use the thousands of weapon telemetries people had or mats for crafting and/or umbral decoding?  Why not just use the "psonic intel" for both?  Another example of something that is easy to acquire.  They really need to start respecting peoples time.  Fat chance, i know, but hell, i have a life!! LOL!

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*