Beginner artwork

VGon_BGon48

Been trying to teach myself how to draw for awhile now I'm still not very good at it but I have a few that I tried tell me what yall think one is mine and one is the reference 

Screenshot_20220314-064956_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220314-065000_Instagram.jpg

I'm not an artist in the slightest but I do have multiple attempts at learning to draw with various sources so have an idea on the basics that I myself can't apply very well.  It looks good but I will ask if behind the face, did you deconstruct and then construct the face again, or just try to copy it as it it?

Also I wouldn't copy another image if you can help it, use it as a reference but make it your own.

After seeing this thread, I decided to start once again my quest in learning to draw.  So firstly I'd say if you haven't considered videos/courses/tutorials before, take a good look at Drawabox, something that was born from Reddit I believe https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtFundamentals/

f75b3fa4.jpg
DRAWABOX.COM

A free, exercise based approach to learning the fundamentals of drawing. We tackle drawing in a logical, analytical fashion inspired by concept artists and industrial designers, focusing on technical skills...

Over the years I've also watched a guy called Jazza (formally DrawWithJazza) on YouTube, his channel has changed now from the traditional art, so I don't watch it much anymore.  I've purchased some of this material which I'll share with you, you might find the anatomy and faces books useful.  There is also an app in the folder which is a games app.  It gives you ideas and one of the best features of the app will tell you something random to draw.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuhNxfYdxlCCulCHycY6sl4DT0cw?e=o7thCb

23 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

f75b3fa4.jpg
DRAWABOX.COM

A free, exercise based approach to learning the fundamentals of drawing. We tackle drawing in a logical, analytical fashion inspired by concept artists and industrial designers, focusing on technical skills...

I wish there was something like this for watercolour painting! I've bought a super cheap palette, but haven't done anything except swatch so far.