Artesian Builds

This was an interesting saga that ended almost as soon as it begun - Artesian Builds is a fairly large and widely recognised custom PC building company with links to Intel and some of the biggest streamers. They ran a giveaway in which a small streamer won but they decided to go back on giving away the prize because the winner was deemed not big enough for advertising/exposure purposes that the competition would bring. This generated a massive backlash from customers, the community and even Intel themselves resulting in some spectacular negative publicity globally. The CEO who seems to be an absolute dick gave the most shambolic 'apology' and has since been placed under investigation for tax evasion. Not only this, the company has essentially suspended its operations and will likely collapse with around 50 employees affected. 

What an absolute shit show - refuse to give someone a PC worth $2,000 that they won legitimately because it wont give your company wider exposure and then have the organisation nuked a couple of weeks later whilst also drawing attention to some internal corruption on top which could lead to federal charges. How hard is it these days to not screw up so spectacularly!?

artesian-builds-ceo.jpg
WWW.TECHTIMES.COM

Artesian Builds has now shut down after intense backlash for criticizing a small-scale Twitch streamer's following.

The whole thing is so bizarre. It's such incredible short-term thinking and so self-serving. What if with this new pc the she would have been able to play games that require the type of system they can make and from that she develops a bigger following. If they're able to foster that type or relationship she could be like, "hey, these people helped me with they're awesome builds!" It would only look good on them to help a smaller streamer and not always be about those that regularly have several thousand viewers at a time.

But no. Let's act like the douche bag Noah looks like.

I remember when Pestily was doing his long stream and giving away one of these PCs like every 6 hours, I think he was giving away like 15 overall.  After that I watched a few streams on occasion and they seemed a nice bunch who interacted with the community, never did I see comments like this though. Pity it had to come to this.

I saw that Jayz2cents vid and googled it, every fameseeker on Youtube is obviously covering it so they're not going to be hiding from it any time soon, but that dude is a real dick. I understand his motives, but the way he did it was just spectacularly stupid. He deserves everything he got.

banlol.png

We can file this under "How to ruin your company instantly."  

I feel for the people that were working for the company.  Hopefully, they find work and an employer that isn't a total shithead.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 4/28/2022 at 8:24 AM, phil bottle said:

Sorry for anyone who worked there. What a prick, but then there's a million more to take his place.

Very true.  Maybe Musky boy or Bezos will buy them out.  Lol

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

22 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

Very true.  Maybe Musky boy or Bezos will buy them out.  Lol

They probably could've secured a takeover of sorts had their company not had a trove of dodgy stuff filed at the bottom of the cabinet. The CEO being a douche is one thing and the brand being heavily tarnished is another but it seems there is a lot of shady things that had gone on and any value left within the company will likely be used for civil recovery and other monies owed. There's definitely plenty of other smaller companies that do this and some big opportunities to replicate Artesian's presence but I couldn't even see Jesus turning this ship around🤣

On 4/29/2022 at 6:45 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

They probably could've secured a takeover of sorts

Nobody would've even entertained this idea. It's a very niche market, their company was worth fuck all and their total employees was 50. This will be a massaged number and will likely include people they employed on Fiverr.com at some point to create a logo. Anyone with a bit of cash could start up a company better than them with the cash in their sofa, so the risk of spending a million quid or whatever to purchase a company which has committed suicide on social media is such a high risk that not even the highest risk merger broker would consider it.

banlol.png

19 hours ago, Diddums said:

Nobody would've even entertained this idea. It's a very niche market, their company was worth fuck all and their total employees was 50. 

If their balance sheet didn't have so many underlying liabilities unknown then they probably could have attracted a buyer for a quick turnaround. Not many custom PC manufacturers have a rolling $1m of ongoing orders at any given time, partnerships with Intel and several other major companies, plus more importantly, they had a highly established supply chain with concrete guarantees which in today's horrendous component market is absolutely critical and almost unheard of. There was also an estimated $500k in stock plus relationships with content creators also added some value.  If the accounts were clean and the CEO was ousted then they probably could've got a successful quick sale with view of a re-brand whilst retaining all commercial contracts and relationships. 

Anyone replicating a company like this would not only struggle to get stock, they'd be lucky to even get a wholesale margin and I would dread to think what the minimum purchase order would be for some components. Artesian's contracts were bloody lucrative as hell - if they wanted 100 3090's the next day at 60% retail they would've got them landed and not even the most established retailers could manage that even paying the retail rate.