FG Memberships! (And some Launch benefits too)

FG Memberships.png

A few weeks ago I eluded to Memberships at the end of the Achievements article I did. So, wait no longer, as here they are!

One thing that sets us apart from everywhere else is the generosity that we all give to the cause that is FG. We look after own - and others - like nowhere else. That's down to all of us. I've been thinking about how we can help without having to feel like me and others here nag/nudge/kick you all 4,5,6, or 74 times a year to kindly donate to the good causes that we try to do via the FGFGF - The Forever Gaming Feel Good Fund.

We'll always have the ability for you all to donate on an ad-hoc basis to help us keep doing the things we're doing here. Whenever you feel you want to do that, please just use the Donate button you can find on the Homepage ❤️. For everything else, the easier way to help ongoing FG goodness is selecting an FG Membership.

Put simplistically, it is an alternative way to donate to the Forever Gaming Feel Good Fund and maybe get something back for the goodness you're providing to everyone.

There are 3 available, with monthly/annual options:

• Survival
  • Tactical
  • Legionnaire

Launch Benefits

As this is something new for the first time ever here and as a huge thank you for people who do get behind this straight away and take up an FG Membership, I'll stick you in a raffle that has the chance for one of the 4 games below to be bought for you, as a Thank You from me to you.

Copy of 7 Days Sunday Sessions.png

The raffle will pick 5 people that have an active membership and they will have the choice of:

• Gran Turismo 7
  • Destiny 2 Witch Queen plus Season Pass
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Elden Ring
  • OR select another FGer to have one of these games

To reiterate, you will be entered in the raffle if you have an active FG membership before Friday 25th March. I will look to set up the raffle on Saturday 26th March.

If you want to know more about each membership, take a read via the link below.

FG Memberships

Also, it would be amazing to get any feedback here if you think of more suggestions to keep FG going in any way.

Good Luck and Thank You for supporting your FG Family. ❤️

GGFG.

Fantastic idea.

I'm not in the membership yet not till things my side are sorted but I've just made a donation what I can mainly for FG being there for me in these hard times.

Edit.

Just subscribed better I spend it here rather than chasing plats 😅

slamminbones.png

Really glad you posted this Lee, it's really amazing functionality to have on the site and a really great way to contribute to what is a heck of a community ❤❤

I'm glad you gave the option for monthly, helps me in my situation and I can still keep feeding money through gradually without too much of a worry.  Plus I find it easier to commit when it's a set up and leave like subscriptions than I am with just random donations. Thanks.

Good stuff Lee!!  We'll try to provide once our financial situation gets a tad better and I can somehow shake my addiction to premium ice cream.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

2 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

Thinking about it. Saw an ad the other day and it looked pretty amazing 

It would be more amazing with a bit of Matty

We're just over a week in and a number of you have done this which is awesome news! Hope people like the shiny badges too on their profiles 😄

The launch raffle still has 10 days to go. You of course can do this whenever you like but I can't deny its fantastic for all the people here at FG that we have kind and generous people that have done this straight from the get-go. It doesn't matter what membership level you take because 1 or 2 pounds when most of us chip in can go an awful long way.

Thank You all and lets keep doing what we can to help each other ❤️

Thanks to everyone who so far started an FG Membership ❤️ I did the draw earlier today whilst at work and stuck it straight onto YouTube so you can see the winners:

Well done to @J-Lurch  @Misneach_  @techno  @TurboR56Mini  and @RenFengge. Let me know what game you would like or if you want to gift one of the above games to another FGer. ❤️

Memberships of course will stay around and whenever anyone gives it will always be appreciated. Much more FGFGF to come I'm hoping to make us smile.

(Note for existing FG Membership peoples....keep giving me feedback on how the payments are working please - it may take the recurring payment or it may send an invoice to resend one.)

2 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

@GazzaGarrattI received an invoice today. Guess this means it won't go out automatically and I'll have to send it?

12 minutes ago, Antpool84 said:

Snap, want to make sure it won't be taken before i do the payment 😊

So....I think I found an issue. sigh

When they were initially set up, a detailed setting in the backend with PayPal was not switched on to Subscriptions. I have since switched it on and waited to see if it then kicks in afterwards. Unfortunately not. I'm assuming everyone wanted it to take autonomously so they didn't have to worry about it? If this is the case I've been working out how we get around it. Essentially I'll need to cancel the invoice that has been sent to people and then you have to reselect the Membership again.

It would be massively helpful for a few people to help me test this out as we should see at some point through the same day on your own PayPal a recurring subscription set up. I'll have to do the same with my own as I did one too so I can see how it takes funds.

What i'll do is when you tell me you're ready or if I know it has expired, shout me and i'll fully cancel it in the admin section so you can restart it. Ant and Harold, if we want to try today, lets see if we can get it working correctly. 👍

I'll tag the others on monthly as clearly it'll affect everyone. @Shucker  @jordie1892  @techno  @GazzaGarratt @Zaxzar  @slamminbones  @Spacedeck  @Antpool84  @LordBaguette  @Mikepjbell  @J-Lurch  @Macca89  @Teenwolf25  @Greboth

Thanks for the patience and help with this. Sometimes we'll have to learn in live here and I know that isn't always ideal.

1 hour ago, slamminbones said:

I got an email just clicked and it sent it.

What that means is that it hasn't changed to auto payments, just whenever you see the email (if you see it that is, some reports say ppl didn't see one too 🙈). Give me a shout in a month or i'll diarise to DM you when the time is right to switch the way it works.

Thanks to all who have tested it for me today. I'm pleased to report it has connected auto payments perfectly so much easier to deal with and exactly what you all expected! Finally! 😅