Early First Impressions of Witch Queen

Riff Machine

Let's here it folks.  I won't be jumping into this until at least Friday but I'd like to hear your thoughts so far on the latest update.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Update: 

Campaign was fucking awesome. Very long and hard (cue, that’s what she said, in a Sams voice) 

We obviously did Legendary which at times was mental. There were sections i solo’d but toward the end of the campaign I’d say get a full stack as it’s mental and ammo economy is terrible. 

Thankyou @Capn_Underpants for starting the campaign as my duo buddy and thank you @hector and @Forty6_N_two for the help from quest step 13 onwards. 
❤️❤️❤️

So, I think i'm definitely getting close to already saying this is the best campaign Destiny has ever done. I'm not finished on it yet and I switched from the Normal missions to the Legendary ones after 2 missions so I could jump in with a few FGers and its bloody fantastic. The gameplay is really well done and the missions are looooong, which is essentially what you want out of a decent DLC. The fact we know we can also replay missions over and over so we can experience the story and missions with other FGers is great. I'm hoping the last steps will be fun, I think the only thing to note is that it scales the power based on your fireteam for legendary. Really great way to keep it difficult but not impossible...although it is way better this time round in a fireteam as solo on legendary can hit you like a train with no support!

I've only just started the Seasonal stuff too and that is extremely well done too from the Introductory mission. The Seasonal quest seems to have multiple steps and the new PsiOps playlist that replaces the old Strike playlist already seems like a fantastic addition. I may finally go back to grinding strikes which i haven't done since D1.

The new areas so far look pretty decent but i haven't started any secrets or too much exploring on them. Hopefully they'll also be stuff to find out in the wild and reasons to just enjoy running around the new worlds too.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Due to work I will be jumping in tomorrow as I'm off till Tuesday, I've heard nothing but good things about the campaign even datto said it's best one by far. Without being able to gaurantee a fireteam at times I will start on normal solo, it's not like it's a race. Looking forward to it tomorrow and learning about all the different stuff that's been implemented. 

Started the whole sha-bang last night.  Damn.  Those missions are looooooooooooong.

Not a bad thing.  It’s nice to have these longer formed mission as oppose to the short, nut to fast, missions of old.  

Legendary wasn’t too bad solo until that damn flail scorn boss.  Thankfully, @Forty6_N_two hopped in to give this MnFer a hand.  I’ll keep going at it tonight after work. 

It reminds me a lot of when the taken king dropped.  Just the amount of missions and side quests you have dropped on you is nutty.  I’m sure a lot of folks have blown through it by now but to each their own.

Light bearing hive I’m fine with.  I HATE the scorn though.  Grr and shit. 🤬🖕🏻

Continued from my previous post...

God, I HATE scorn..

I ripped through most of the legendary campaign last night and have now progressed to the last mission and I've hit the soft cap.  YAY!  Thanks to @GazzaGarratt@Capn_Underpants @Forty6_N_two and @Horrible_Hector for helping me out.  A lot of those encounters are quite nutty on legendary.  I imagine that'll be different on the normal difficulty, but it's great to run some missions with FGers.

The campaign.  Yea, those missions are good.  You see a trend with how they are all put together so for anyone that hasn't played through this, or maybe missed the last few expansions, whatever you do, don't ever think the mission is over until you know it's over.  

I'm honestly just blown away by how much there is to do during it all.  I look forward to getting this done today and carry on from there.

Indeed @Riff Machine  I'm in the camp of fuck scorn. The ping of shields gets me every time. @Capn_Underpants  was kind enough to help me last night get through a few steps. I think I logged off at like 2am after doing dome free roam finding some area chests or what ever they're called.  So many things to play and so much work to do IRL. The feeling of falling behind is the worst I've had thus far in my Destiny career. I get why they do it since it's an IP, but to get properly sorted and develop builds etc, it's really the only game you can play and that's just shitty. I know there are youtubers and all but they tend to unlock everything and make top tier builds like day 1, that's not helpful to anyone else who gets a few hours here and there to play. I feel @Baabcat  and his thoughts on the length. I also get it, this is the first launch that I've been apart of that I'm not hearing the community as a whole shit talking bungie and bitching for the sake of it. It feel like everyone is enjoying the content and it's meeting expectations. This is a welcomed reprieve from constant complaining and nothing ever being good enough. 

Well I just finished the campaign, other than the 2 missions I did with @GazzaGarratt I've done it in classic/ normal or whatevs it's called, no way I'd have done it on legendary and tbh im happy with how my light level is for the first few days after release. The campaign as said before long with long ass missions but they were a nice mix of difficulty and occasional wtf is going on but I'm chuffed I got through without YouTube. Using void as a titan is a nice change too.

As for the other stuff it's nice to log on and have a lot to choose from.

One other thing I wish theyd done is balanced crucible a little but beggers can't be choosers.

Pretty impressed so far.

5 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:The feeling of falling behind is the worst I've had thus far in my Destiny career. I get why they do it since it's an IP, but to get properly sorted and develop builds etc, it's really the only game you can play and that's just shitty. I know there are youtubers and all but they tend to unlock everything and make top tier builds like day 1, that's not helpful to anyone else who gets a few hours here and there to play. I feel @Baabcat  and his thoughts on the length. I also get it, this is the first launch that I've been apart of that I'm not hearing the community as a whole shit talking bungie and bitching for the sake of it. It feel like everyone is enjoying the content and it's meeting expectations. This is a welcomed reprieve from constant complaining and nothing ever being good enough. 

That first comment is so true, it’s the fact that if IRL is busy you feel like you’re so far behind and with the raid launch a week away it’s a tad frustrating. Just feels like if you don’t get legendary done, you’ll struggle to be Raid ready, which may or may not be true , but that’s how it feels.

Having said that part of it is me, I’ve never enjoyed destiny campaigns, much prefer the end game. Will be glad to have it in the rear view mirror. 

14 hours ago, Baabcat said:

That first comment is so true, it’s the fact that if IRL is busy you feel like you’re so far behind and with the raid launch a week away it’s a tad frustrating. Just feels like if you don’t get legendary done, you’ll struggle to be Raid ready, which may or may not be true , but that’s how it feels.

Having said that part of it is me, I’ve never enjoyed destiny campaigns, much prefer the end game. Will be glad to have it in the rear view mirror. 

I'm not bothered by the "day one raid" stuff or being "power ready."  Even if my schedule allowed me to do it, I wouldn't simply for the sole reason being I just don't care about world's first or day one raid crap.  I'm sure I'll get a new raid run in at some point when it isn't ridiculously difficult due to the day one mod.  

I'm still on the fence overall about the whole crafting system.  I don't really care for it and chances are, I'll find a similar weapon with a much better role in the field anyway.  So far, it just seems the typical bungie way of unnecessarily extending play time.

*The opinions of Riff do not reflect those of Forever Gaming.*

😉

20 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

*The opinions of Riff do not reflect those of Forever Gaming.*

😉

🤣🤣 You're probably closer to the main feeling than not tbh mate!

Harsh reality is, that people that aren't liking it are the ones that have major FOMO of just missing out on doing a Day 1 try. If the FOMO for people wasn't there (which really shouldn't anyway cos the raid aint going anywhere!), then i'd say everyone would be loving it. There's plenty of time between now and Week 1 of the raid to be 'raid ready' after contest mode is switched off. I think sometimes we've become a victim of our own demise. I personally would like to at least try and complete the new raid before a specific time if there is a IRL reward as good as the DSC raid jacket which was awesome btw.

Back to the actual content, I think i've re-ran multiple missions with a bunch of FGers just to help them for the hell of it, the campaign really is that good. Cutscenes, varied mechanics and the flow of the story really has hit a place where we can say we're getting our money's worth from a quality POV - and then after that, it does flow you to get involved in much more activities, ranking up certain vendors, and then even more exotic style missions.

I've seen it said alot on Twitter from other people anbd my feeling is the same. As the Power level to start is the same for all, if you were ever to get into, or back into, Destiny 2 I really don't think there's a better time.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I really liked the campaign. Legendary difficulty made this expansion worth it for me. Otherwise... probably meh.

I've enjoyed helping others through the campaign the most so far. 

Was worth hearing @TurboR56Mini freak out when he saw 

Spoiler

the ahamkara.

while I was sitting in chat the other night. 🤣