Destiny Diaries - D2 FG Activity Updates

GazzaGarratt

Here's our new megathread that we can keep everyone up to date with our FG activity completions, fails, lolz and everything else. This will also help us all grab the FG Achievements and allow the admins and mods to reward you with your shiny stuff!!

Looking forward to hearing all your Destiny stories everyone!!

Joined in on the action on Saturday night, when @Forty6_N_two , @FallenDark200  and @Teenwolf25  were already doing GM farming on Lake of Shadows. Nice to see Nick @Bluebear  taken through with Justin and Forty whilst Clive suffered with me and @ImRyzxn  as we didn't have a Warlock to make it a little easier. Having said that I enjoyed doing it a little harder without the crutch of a well. I think i'm going to look into builds much more post Witch Queen release. Definitely lots of things to try and I think a lot of my inexperience boils down to not knowing which mods work well in certain situations or GMs. I'm sure others can share when they have some good go-to build at some point!

Let us know how the rest of you all got on? Excited to start giving out the first Destiny 2 FG Medals now! 😄

Good stuff.  With Witch Queen on the horizon, Those D2 medals will be a hot thing.  Personally, I can't wait to finally start the new campaign and have some of you carry me through the legendary portion of it while I'm off playing Forbidden West.  😉 LOL

Seriously though, I may not be on the first day as servers tend to be shit, but I look forward to rocking this with my FG peeps. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

18 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

Good stuff.  With Witch Queen on the horizon, Those D2 medals will be a hot thing.  Personally, I can't wait to finally start the new campaign and have some of you carry me through the legendary portion of it while I'm off playing Forbidden West.  😉 LOL

Seriously though, I may not be on the first day as servers tend to be shit, but I look forward to rocking this with my FG peeps. 

If you think there's a few WQ Medals we could do, i'm well up for it. I thought I would wait to see what actually drops and then we can see what would be cool Achievements. I'd love a campaign one and then Legendary Campaign. I'm with you, I really want to enjoy the campaign with FGers and not on my own for this. I don't think i've been like that since D1, lol.

Did a full FG VoG raid over the weekend.

@FallenDark200 , @GazzaGarratt, @Zaxzar , @Ajay , @Kemp210 .

Forum medals updated. ♥️ 

Has anyone else done any of the forum badges? 

Click below for more info.

What medals can I get?

5 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

Did a full FG VoG raid over the weekend.

@FallenDark200 , @GazzaGarratt, @Zaxzar , @Ajay , @Kemp210 .

Forum medals updated. ♥️ 

Has anyone else done any of the forum badges? 

Click below for more info.

What medals can I get?

Yeah it was a good run that was. Only a few hiccups at the Gatekeeper, and was a really solid run. Good to check in on the Templar if there was any different strat after the seasonal changes to the sandbox. Seems to be that Fusions with some Gjallarhorn works quite nicely.

@Zaxzar  and myself had a great chilled run on the Grasp of Avarice Dungeon on Sunday. Took us 90 minutes as it was just the two of us and we were leasiurely going through it. Was definitely a help for me because i've tended not to touch many Dungeons in the past. Alternating supers and gaining it back after picking up 10 engrams was a good way to keep us flowing. Did pretty much equal damage on the boss too, mainly using swords and a bubble on the end boss. GG's Sarah!

GGs folks!

I'm glad I finally finished the campaign on my Warlock.  Thanks to all that helped me at various points in that journey.  I was quite pleased with the campaign overall.

Yesterday, we completed the new raid! Good job to all involved!

@igotmollywhopped , @Horrible_Hector , @Zaxzar , @Teenwolf25 , and @Kemp210 !

IMG_6835.jpg

Great work FG! Nice to see the first FG clear of the new raid, also ace to Kempy the sleepy destroyer in there too 🤣I think as we have more tries at this one with contest mode gone, we should be able to nail the mechanics a little easier without dying too much. Although, it does look like lots of symbols and relics to understand! 😅

There's a run tonight so I'm excited to try again and get abit further this time round.

26 symbols is a bit overkill. Getting used to the official names is rough after a full day of using what we came up with. 

Week 1 raid complete was fun! Stressful at times and sometimes even the littlest things can end a run, but definitely a good time with pals. 

Hardest bit is definitely the encounter before boss. I won’t say much for those looking to stay blind, but it requires everyone to do at least 1 thing besides add clearing, which means more opportunities to wipe! 
But that just means it’s all the more sweeter when it gets done. 

GG to my week 1 clear team, to the remainder of my day 1 attempt team. 

Can’t wait to hop in with everyone else when we can!

Good start last night with a team of FGers that haven't experienced the Caretaker phase on VotD Raid.

Consistency is key and finding all the symbols and remembering them can take a bit of time 😅 The feelings of the whole team after finishing first and second sections was a great feeling to hear. Everyone was so happy just getting a part done and it didn't matter it was only half the raid.

Only disappointment is the 2nd part softcover on us as we finished it about 90 mins before we got off so essentially it felt like Caretaker practice!

GGs all! @Bluebear  @Baabcat  @Venom  @SWAINEY84  @TurboR56Mini  @Riff Machine

48 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Good start last night with a team of FGers that haven't experienced the Caretaker phase on VotD Raid.

Consistency is key and finding all the symbols and remembering them can take a bit of time 😅 The feelings of the whole team after finishing first and second sections was a great feeling to hear. Everyone was so happy just getting a part done and it didn't matter it was only half the raid.

Only disappointment is the 2nd part softcover on us as we finished it about 90 mins before we got off so essentially it felt like Caretaker practice!

GGs all! @Bluebear  @Baabcat  @Venom  @SWAINEY84  @TurboR56Mini  @Riff Machine

Yeah the soft lock was annoying but in some ways it just cemented the knowledge. The more we do of the earlier stuff the sooner  we get to a point we can blast through it all in one go. Feel bad for @Bluebear  who missed out on loot as a result of the lock but congrats to @Riff Machine  for stepping in and picking up that role - thought the stun team were on it from the start. I need to start learning the symbol role to help out, sounds horrible and glitchy so we all need to suffer a bit! GG's everyone. Lets see if we can progress it a bit further on Thursday. when hopefully we can all get back on. 

Yeah, I felt bad that I let the team down a little as whilst the symbols are hard, I had them down. Just silly mistakes e.g. forgetting one or more so not being quick enough to shoot them. I can't stress how we'll probably need calm and quiet comms though. Thats what will get us through because its so easy to forget a symbol, especially when you're looking for them on the obelisk and you need to call someone to help shoot them. Luckily now after hours of practice i'm sure it will be a cakewalk next time out cos its just getting used to the callouts. 😅

Apart from the one time I called out Green Circle when it was a triangle which left Carl confused AF. That was an epic fail on any level 🤣

Definitely not going to feel bad about the time though. This is a slightly more co-ordinated raid than something like DSC and VoG is. The first FG clear took over 6 hours too so it'll take a few weeks to bring the times down. Nice to see so many people try it early in week 1 though. Love that attitude regardless of how many times we may fail 👍

48 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah, I felt bad that I let the team down a little as whilst the symbols are hard, I had them down. Just silly mistakes e.g. forgetting one or more so not being quick enough to shoot them. I can't stress how we'll probably need calm and quiet comms though. Thats what will get us through because its so easy to forget a symbol, especially when you're looking for them on the obelisk and you need to call someone to help shoot them. Luckily now after hours of practice i'm sure it will be a cakewalk next time out cos its just getting used to the callouts. 😅

Apart from the one time I called out Green Circle when it was a triangle which left Carl confused AF. That was an epic fail on any level 🤣

Definitely not going to feel bad about the time though. This is a slightly more co-ordinated raid than something like DSC and VoG is. The first FG clear took over 6 hours too so it'll take a few weeks to bring the times down. Nice to see so many people try it early in week 1 though. Love that attitude regardless of how many times we may fail 👍

Dont feel bad @GazzaGarratt the symbols is clearly the hardest part , trying to take that info in, and translate it into names people recognise, whilst in a frantic rush is really tough. Thought all the symbol guys did a great job, and it’s the sort of thing that will get easier over time. We’ve made a great start to learning this raid and getting those first loot drops is best gear we get all year !

Really enjoyed getting to learn this raid last night, there’s 20+ symbols so no one should feel bad for messing up a few times, stuff like this takes time and practice, everyone did an awesome job and beating caretaker after the soft lock made it all the sweeter lol looking forward to Thursday 👍

GGs folks.  It was nice to get my feet moist for what little of this raid I’ve seen.  

Fuck the scorn.  

🤘🏻😈

*And just like that.. With one word.. Riff has made this forum thread….

Moist.  

Giggidy