FG Achievements Questions Thread!!

Have you read the Article yet? Take a read below first if you haven't already!

So, i'll grab the key points to be aware of first from the article:

PLEASE TAKE NOTE

• Its a brand new, never done before FG System. We will have issues problems from time to time so please share your thoughts and help us make it better!
  • When its first turned on, it may take upto a few days to register everything - it has to run through every single rule i've created for every single FGer. Hopefully you'll see your Medals grow over time!
  • We may tweak the Ranks and their respective points targets after going live if we find they are imbalanced in some way.
  • Most Rules for points will be retrospectively activated when Live. There may be rules we add at a later date that will only look forward (e.g some Quiz ones will be created soon but look forward, not backwards) unless I rebuild the system...which may mean you get 're-awarded' automatic points and medals you had.
  • Games will not look backwards - this is to help give everyone a chance to focus on starting out how to get them all and create some buzz about bringing FGers together.
  • Most Games Medals are manually awarded with the help of the FG Team here. I expect us all to start talking and sharing information about our escapades as FG online in all of our games. It helps bring to life what we're all achieving together and it speeds up the validation time to award Medals.
  • I will NEED HELP with this. If you're interested in supporting the cause in helping, please let me know. Its about doing things here but also encouraging FGers to get involved across all aspects of what we do.

Outside of this, lets hear your questions and stuff you want to know more about below! Thanks All!

P.S. If you want to know how soon it will be....well, its already moving so hopefully it won't be long today! 

image.png

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

So it took a while but was live last night and looks like many of you have found the bits and pieces so far, which is great to see. What I've picked up so far just from my own viewing:

• Ranks are reasonably set well, may need a slight tweak with numbers here and there. However, my intention to bring 5 extra ranks into the mix at a later date might come forward so the most active here have something to chase and work towards.
  • Added a Widget on the front page showing Recent Rank Promotions and Recent Medals Obtained.
  • Rocket League medals are under consideration
  • Taking Quizzes was one I wanted to get out but just missed the launch due to how the software is created. An update will come soon that then will introduce lots of medals for interacting with Quizzes - and doing well too. There are some already live for people that create them, and with the update there may be ones where people get extra medals for people not being able to 'Beat the Quiz Host', etc. Note these won't backdate, just means we'll have to make more Quizzes! 😄
  • We need to identify the topics for each Game where it can help us understand what Medals people have been obtaining.

Thats from one evening through my eyes so hopefully you see more.

Oh, and when you obtain a badge that less than 3% of FGers have, it will have a 'RARE' badge across it, so you can see how even more special it is whilst it sits on your Profile. Definitely been way more fun checking people's profiles out recently. Thanks for all the support so far.

Good stuff @GazzaGarratt

Everyone shower Lee with some love.  This is a really great way to get folks engaged with the site.  

You're a LEGEND bud.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

3 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Where can we view all the unearned achievements?

Good question! The quick answer is, you can't 😅 However...

On my plans was to create a page for Achievements and Medals. This would include the full list, with the exception if I had some that we felt that would be cool surprise ones. Outside of this, I have asked the software developer to understand if I can have any automation that could be connected to profiles related to showing what you have and/or haven't earned yet. Its a brand new system still in reality so I hope further tweaks but sometimes they take a little while as I have to rely on people way more skilled than me in that space.

If you looked back at the original infographics I shared, they are all the ones I made available from Day 1. I need to plan a further phase at some point very soon but also would really hope to get some feedback from everyone as to how people think they are going. All I can see is that they were initially well received but not sure how much it helps people to see them or if they are fun to receive in any particular way.

9 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Where can we view all the unearned achievements?

I look at other people's profiles and look for cool ones that I feel are achievable. 

32 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Good question! The quick answer is, you can't 😅 However...

On my plans was to create a page for Achievements and Medals. This would include the full list, with the exception if I had some that we felt that would be cool surprise ones. Outside of this, I have asked the software developer to understand if I can have any automation that could be connected to profiles related to showing what you have and/or haven't earned yet. Its a brand new system still in reality so I hope further tweaks but sometimes they take a little while as I have to rely on people way more skilled than me in that space.

If you looked back at the original infographics I shared, they are all the ones I made available from Day 1. I need to plan a further phase at some point very soon but also would really hope to get some feedback from everyone as to how people think they are going. All I can see is that they were initially well received but not sure how much it helps people to see them or if they are fun to receive in any particular way.

I really enjoy receiving a new one, especially one I have been working towards. What can I say I like a grind and receiving shiny new badges are gratification and a dopamine hit for myself. 😀

Maybe some I will never get due to attending an event e.g Destiny or Fifa etc or something I don't play. 

However I have achieved Mastery Camo in Multiplayer in the last 3 Cods and will make it 4 once I've eventually finished Vanguard. 

But don't create a medal just for me and my own self indulgence Lee, as I know nobody here is crazy enough to earn them and I would be the only one. Haha. ☺️😏😉😁😎

Still waiting on the "Unlock all Achievements" code @GazzaGarratt

😉

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*