Cyberpunk - PS5 upgrade patch

phil bottle

Patch 1.5 has just dropped for all versions, plus the first one for PS5.

They seem to have reworked quite a lot judging by patch notes 

0d16ccb1d683746d31f86a34a3382d7058843f23
WWW.CYBERPUNK.NET

This patch contains various gameplay fixes and improvements, the next-gen update, as well as...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

24 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Patch 1.5 has just dropped for all versions, plus the first one for PS5.

They seem to have reworked quite a lot judging by patch notes 

0d16ccb1d683746d31f86a34a3382d7058843f23
WWW.CYBERPUNK.NET

This patch contains various gameplay fixes and improvements, the...

Sonis this worth getting now since you can pick up the ps4 version for £20 and get the free ps5 upgrade?

I have never seen so many patch notes for a game post-release yet for all the fixes and improvements they've made, it's barely noticeable in-game and if anything, the downgrades/sacrifices have taken away from what was an already hollow experience and those are significantly noticeable.  In all fairness, they never said they were going to produce what they originally promised/lied about and were just focused on fixing issues and improving what was there but it still leaves a really bad taste. I don't think this game is outright bad but just very disappointing and the way it was marketed was the most dishonest thing I have ever seen all the way up until release. 

It's painful to hear them talk about features that have been in games and done better since 2004. Hopefully this will be a stepping stone for them to do what they originally promoted but for me, it's too late and the time wasted on this is just taking away from future titles they have planned. 

Was pretty disappointed to see this on the PS4 before and I can agree with sentiments about losing steam for the game at this point. Hype plays a huge part in games and if it isn't there, it's very easy to just pick up another title.

I never touched the game again but got a copy for Xbox as part of my purchase for the Series X and I'm just happy the game is in a playable state, but that's because I never played nor touched the game in any form since purchase. I can imagine it must have been frustrating for people who tried to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt and still played the game in its unfinished state.

I was also particularly weirded out that they had to do the next gen remake for Witcher 3 when they were still doing it for this one, I mean, sure, they reached their target date of 2022 Q1 but this could have been easier if they had more focus on CP2077.

Still, I'll happily take patch 1.5 and I can't wait to finally play this on the weekend. 🙂

I watched about an hour of next gen gameplay last night and I just cannot get over how barren the city is now with a huge lack of cars and pedestrians compared to release even on the new consoles. It's not quite as bad as 1.4 on the old gen where you'd be lucky to see more than 3 cars and 5 people at any given time but it feels like a very bland environment in what is already a city lacking dynamics. A lot of textures have also been downscaled which is really noticeable. I haven't played since the launch on PC but I have followed each big update and it's like they keep chopping away at things that add to the immersion and it really hurts the output. 

The game does appear cleaner though and all those small fixes have given it a more polished experience but there is still NPC's colliding, cars on rails and the UI is still pretty ghastly. I didn't get to see much in terms of the AI and if there were any improvements there but a lot of work was needed in this regard rather than just planting a few enemies sporadically through the map who respawn every day. I'll definitely keep my eye on this but I can't see myself ever venturing back. 

I had a quick go on the PS5 version before D&D last night. Compared to the previous PS4 version, it is a massive improvement I'm terms of movement and combat. Much more fluid. Driving is still poor though.

On the PC version, I have 80 hours played, solely on the strength of the story, and I'll try that today at some point.

It's never going to be the game they promised but for £20 it's worth a go on next gen or PC.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

19 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

So is this worth getting now since you can pick up the ps4 version for £20 and get the free ps5 upgrade?

For £20? Absolutely. Its just like a No Mans Sky scenario whereas we knew the game would get supported the longer it has been out. Its a huge deep game so i'm not enjoying the overall pace of it, but if you enjoy Single Player games that you can sink a few hours into it for a few days it should be worth it now.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I've been playing on PS5 almost exclusively the last couple of days. They finally made the combat feel good and the use of haptic feedback takes shooting to another level. 

There are still plenty of things that make my eyes roll and wonder how they got through QA but I'm a bit hooked at the moment and it's competing with HZD for my time. PS5 is finally starting to show it's value😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I've been playing on PS5 almost exclusively the last couple of days. They finally made the combat feel good and the use of haptic feedback takes shooting to another level. 

There are still plenty of things that make my eyes roll and wonder how they got through QA but I'm a bit hooked at the moment and it's competing with HZD for my time. PS5 is finally starting to show it's value😁

Dammit @phil bottle !! You've sold me on it 😂 Deffo be picking this up once I complete Resi Evil Village lol

I picked it up purely for the ps5 version.  And it was $25 so yay!  I refused to pay full price for that game.  

It looks really good though on Ps5.  I’ll probably get into this at some point.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Confirmed.  This runs amazingly on PS5.  I started a new character on this last night and I was quite pleased with the performance.  Once I'm done horizon, I'll be rolling through this.

12 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

Confirmed.  This runs amazingly on PS5.  I started a new character on this last night and I was quite pleased with the performance.  Once I'm done horizon, I'll be rolling through this.

For me, what makes it shine in PS5 is the PS5 controller and use of haptic feedback. The gun play is so much better.

The city seems more alive in the update and the NPCs are much more varied. It's made me explore the map more.

I've been playing a lot, and once I got beyond the meeting Keanu stage I've been doing side missions exclusively.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 3/14/2022 at 5:57 AM, phil bottle said:

For me, what makes it shine in PS5 is the PS5 controller and use of haptic feedback. The gun play is so much better.

The city seems more alive in the update and the NPCs are much more varied. It's made me explore the map more.

I've been playing a lot, and once I got beyond the meeting Keanu stage I've been doing side missions exclusively.

Agree completely!  The dual sense feedback is really utilized amazingly well.  

I may have to come back to this later.  I've started a character, and I've arrived in NC, but the game isn't sucking me in.  I find I don't care about anything in this.  It could be I'm just burnt out on this style of game. 

On 3/14/2022 at 9:57 AM, phil bottle said:

How far in is this? I struggled to get past the basic cover and shoot tutorials and lost my way on the first mission because it felt so long to get into the meaty stuff. If i'm not far aware I'd be inclined to boot it up again.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

21 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How far in is this? I struggled to get past the basic cover and shoot tutorials and lost my way on the first mission because it felt so long to get into the meaty stuff. If i'm not far aware I'd be inclined to boot it up again.

It's very early in the game, once you get the mission to steal the shard, do that and its conclusion involves meeting  Keanu for the first time, without giving too much away. If you've not tried the ps5 upgrade, you're missing a treat 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So I want to get on with my backlog of games this year with the intention to pick some platinums up in them, my current choice is Cyberpunk, I had picked it up before and played part of the way through only to get sidetracked by new titles. So now with the plan for this year to avoid buying games brand new and waiting for inevitable price drops it might mean I am less likely to get sidetracked for the next month or so.

So I may take a half step back from multiplayer (mainly COD) and crack on with this, so far it has been good fun and the PS5 enhancement has been great, you really feel the guns with the Haptic triggers and it really looks lovely, I'm having plenty of fun with this though I probably need to check for any missable trophies before I get too far into the game.

Anyway, as I go through my backlog I will post on here a bit more to see if others have played them and how they got on with them, never know it might result in others going back.

6 hours ago, Luseth said:

So I want to get on with my backlog of games this year with the intention to pick some platinums up in them, my current choice is Cyberpunk, I had picked it up before and played part of the way through only to get sidetracked by new titles. So now with the plan for this year to avoid buying games brand new and waiting for inevitable price drops it might mean I am less likely to get sidetracked for the next month or so.

So I may take a half step back from multiplayer (mainly COD) and crack on with this, so far it has been good fun and the PS5 enhancement has been great, you really feel the guns with the Haptic triggers and it really looks lovely, I'm having plenty of fun with this though I probably need to check for any missable trophies before I get too far into the game.

Anyway, as I go through my backlog I will post on here a bit more to see if others have played them and how they got on with them, never know it might result in others going back.

The shooting and driving are so much better. I'm not a massive fan of the changes to skill progression but I can live with that. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

This game is brilliant now. I've finished it a couple of times with different builds.

I had a Netrunner build with pistols as backup. Using the Contagion quick hack you can kill a load of enemies before they even know you're there.

fart.gif