Tournaments

FallenDark200

So I mentioned earlier in my one topic I wanted to start holding tournaments. Most of you know im destiny fan boy but im down to play other games as well.

So my ideas would be maybe weekend tournaments or monthly tournaments to see where this goes. No exclusions everyone is welcome to participate all for fun and laughs.

The idea behind tournaments are just another actively as a community we could put together as a group to help have more competive side of FG without being toxic because we are all family here because at the end of the day it would be fun

Now for what would be in the tournaments would be any game that has a multiple people allowed to participate in for example: Destiny, COD, Battlefield, amoung us, fifa, gran turismo, etc... this is just some of the games I'd had ideas for tournaments for.

Now what I would say "rules" to tournaments are

1. HAVE FUN

2. Enjoy each other's love for games

3. Kick some ass 🤟

So some of the examples of the tournaments we could do would be in Destiny we could do private match cruicble or gambit matches but to make it interesting we could do Raid races between teams or something even more creative in other games.

So to end this off I wanna be competitive with my friends without the toxic side effects and to know we are doing it for fun. This could be in future to be apart of FG Fridays if @GazzaGarrattthinks it goes well. 

Please feel free to leave any feed back or comments here or discord much love.

I'd say a full on 2v2 crucible tournament, double elimination, could be sick. 
With 8 teams it could be so fun, especially if someone goes in to spectate and streams them all. 

Obviously people have jobs and what not, so it could take a while to accurately schedule it all. But if people commit to making time for it, I can see us getting it done over a weekend or two. 

We can even have it be a bit silly with weapon restrictions or something like that. 

I've moved this to Destiny section @FallenDark200  as I assume its about all Destiny tournaments.

I'm in, always will be for a good laugh.

20 hours ago, Horrible_Hector said:

I'd say a full on 2v2 crucible tournament, double elimination, could be sick. 

This is a great shout. Even if it was 3v3 but we just have to think about numbers. If 3 per team, we need at least 12 for semi final knockouts minumum, ideally 24 players for to play Knockout from Quarterfinals. If its 2v2, we can actually do 16 or even 32 players have an extra round.

Other thoughts:

I'd kill for a Gambit tournament. Would be seriously awesome.

Random teams for sure. Thats a given, or potentially match up skill so we all feel like it maximises the fun rather than one team stomping everyone else.

No timeframe to play, as a general theme. We could run multiple ones and then there's a few to look at.

I'll start looking at the Tournament section later today and see how I can create the area so its easier for you to ask and grab people to make teams to enter them. Its all for fun then i'm game!!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb