Raffles and monthly giveaway ideas.

Ok some may know I play to much destiny and I left the d2 clan a month ago wasn't the place for me and I'm home again. I was chatting with @GazzaGarrattand @Teenwolf25 last night about some ideas.

Let me start of by saying i know we didnt have a FG Christmas this year and that kinda sucks. So I was thinking maybe we could do monthly raffles for the UK guys and a raffle for the Westerners. 

I'm not sure what kind of giveaways or raffles we could do since most of us play on different systems and live all over the place but I'd like to get something setup.

@GazzaGarrattis currently in the process of doing achievements and medals for certain games and attributes for the community and maybe we can set goals to actually win more raffle points or something along those lines like more entries.

Now for what I had for an idea of raffles and giveaways would be anything from gift cards to maybe even merch. Going into the merch idea as well I know @GazzaGarrattmyself and @Teenwolf25  were discussing things in the pipe line because right now its just Lee trying to get things sorted but if we could get everyone a piece of merch would be brilliant. I know how much Lee likes to give back.

Now to go into the part no one likes the money backing behind it. Now I know not everyone can afford to donate which is totally fine but if we could get everyone to donate a dollar each month to the FG raffles and giveaways that would be insane how much we could grow and expand it. I'm going to try to be more proactive on the website since I actually sat down on the site for the first time on my pc last night. 

Also one last thing I'd like to add the three of us also discussed tournaments last night and I think it would be a brilliant idea to even hold raffled tournaments each month but we have to get everyone involved and I understand why Lee does.

So on a ending note please leave comments here on the forum or feel free to DM on Discord. Discord name is FallenDark200#8371 thank you have a gg day.

16 minutes ago, Leeesh13 said:

oooo sounds like a great idea to get some gift giving going all around hell yea Christmas is late!

If we could get everyone on board with it, this could be huge. Like Christmas every month from what idea I got running through my head just need positive feed back and for everyone to jump aboard with it.

13 minutes ago, Teenwolf25 said:

I think quarterly will work better at the start. Will have more breathing space inbetween and spaced out funding. If the generosity allows then it can be sooner but it needs to start off spaced I think. Personally.  

I can see that sure. Definitely do a big trial run if we can get people behind it to see how it works then being able to up the ante and get bigger rewards prizes giveaways and tournaments running. Totally understand that. We could do a poll on maybe how many people who be interested in achieving something like this as well to maybe broaden the horizon of our outcome as well.

Right, firstly, great thread to start a discussion Justin @FallenDark200 . I appreciate people are starting to creep out of the woodwork and be more visible for the overall cause. I can't ever get enough of that.

The concept is great, the mechanics is a little different in how it would work. I looked into a Points system before which had many integrations, and it can work but its complexity can also cause errors and not really work in how want to. Rather than look at the solution, what we're trying to achieve here is essentially a perk that gives back to FGers that help out in special ways e.g. donating to the FGFGF and overall cause. Based on that and what we can pull out on here, is a way to create a specific group from when either people donate. I can also link that to a membership style element that could be easier for people so its already set up rather than having to chip in as and when.

However, you also have to consider people for the last few years have donated just off the back of their goodness and when its financially right for them to do so. That choice should never be taken away. I look at this as a great addition and incentive to help people that already donate get potentially something back and encourage others to chip in and 'share the load' as we sometimes say over here.

I started drafting membership style things anyway so people can gain more from this place over time, and hopefully that alongside Achievements will be great ways for people to have fun here and help many other FGers in the process - because thats what the end goal should be about.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

True I understand the complexity behind it. I know the mule work would be a pain and a half to get it off the ground but your one guy. I totally agree with you and clive on the kindness thing and donating. I don't want it to come off as people have to do this, but as a group a family and a community the growth behind this could be huge if it takes off. I know im only one person who might not make a difference but to see it be possible for everyone to be in a tight nit circle doing things even more together monthly or quarterly in the beginning would be awesome. Just trying to get ideas out there that would be a good cause to make the circle bigger and closer and make people keep coming back and maybe to indever to meeting new people and playing other games myself included. Surely it's a idea but I could be wrong might not be situational for some. If we could just have a huge outcome would be mental. I know what it felt like to receive my Hoodie a year ago from fg and still wear it today proudly. Just trying to get options out there to make FG even more fun exciting and to have those real in life things to hold onto be like yeah look at this.