First Discord x Playstation Integration - Connections

First news of the integration between Discord and Playstation starts today. Essentially you can go onto your connections on Discord and add your Playstation account and then it will show what you are playing! Rolling out gradually from today, US peeps get it now and then hopefully over the next 24 hours we can all update it 🙂

Full Discord Blog below

61f334952f2c7f6a86199a87_P1PlaystationSt
DISCORD.COM

Starting today, we’re rolling out the ability to connect your Discord account to your PSN account and display your PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 game activity in your user profile! Read on to learn more...

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

What? Maybe I'm getting this wrong but is this simply about Discord knowing what game you're playing? Not actual functionality of being able to communicate with people on Discord? If that's all it is, pointless.🙃

I believe this is the first step of their integration. I would've thought Discord will end up on the PS store at some point this year, this just starts to help you see the connectionvia Discord separately.

14 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

Very odd I'm connecting it but it's my lads account. 

On the ps app it's logged in as me and its not giving me an option to login as me. 

Disconnect the connection and you may need to tell your browser to 'forget' your sons PSN ID because thats whats probably happened there mate

So there is no functionality behind this other then being able to spy on people on what there playing!? I want ps users to be able to use discord so I can stop using remote play on my pc just to talk to people it's ridiculous imo Xbox is setup is easier with pc players its like why can't we have nice things from sony

15 minutes ago, FallenDark200 said:

So there is no functionality behind this other then being able to spy on people on what there playing!? I want ps users to be able to use discord so I can stop using remote play on my pc just to talk to people it's ridiculous imo Xbox is setup is easier with pc players its like why can't we have nice things from sony

Oh totally, I want that too. I think this is just the first step towards that so lets hope more comes sooner rather than later. The blog shows that you can technically join people from discord though.

However, it sounds like for it to work you have to set your settings to 'Anyone'.....copy/pasta from the blog >>> Do note that on your PSN Privacy Settings, your “PSN Online Status” and “Now Playing” visibility must be set to “Anyone” in order for your status to be visible on Discord.

I'm a bit dubious that they will integrate chat. Xbox has had this 'spy' functionality with Discord for years but never tried to integrate the chat functionality. The only good thing of having Discord on PS is better party chat but there's no mention of that...

Will see, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg