Don't Look Up

Lurchzy

Very famous actors, very large budget, Netflix special.... I thought it was rubbish. 

I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be funny slightly or if it was serious. Didn't really get the angle. 

Good concept done, badly. And not one of Leo's best performances. 

Yep, this one has definitely split audiences in terms of reaction. Too many ideas make it a bit incoherent and the direction is all over the place.

I think it's supposed to be a farce but that kind of comedy back in the day killed the British film industry for a long time lol

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, Ajay said:

It's actually about global warning and how noone takes notice until its too late 

@Ajay  Not sure what you mean... Is this a hidden message your talking about?

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Yep, this one has definitely split audiences in terms of reaction. Too many ideas make it a bit incoherent and the direction is all over the place.

I think it's supposed to be a farce but that kind of comedy back in the day killed the British film industry for a long time lol

@phil bottle Yeah I really didn't get along with the comedy side (if it was even suppose to be funny) I found a few characters very out of place in the film. 

2 hours ago, J-Lurch said:

@Ajay  Not sure what you mean... Is this a hidden message your talking about?

@phil bottle Yeah I really didn't get along with the comedy side (if it was even suppose to be funny) I found a few characters very out of place in the film. 

@Ajay  distilled it down perfectly. It is about climate change, and how after all this time from scientists and data specifically spelling out the problem, we are now probably too late to really turn the tide of climate change. This is also confirmed by the movie's creators.

Also, agree with @phil bottle regarding the comedy aspect. I have zero desire to watch the movie because it's not my preferred comedy style. Plus, while I enjoy thought provoking movies, I need to be in the mood for them... especially if it is not a comedy style I enjoy.