Clubs Update

Lurchzy

So... This is a short update clarifying the conversations / ideas we've been discussing over the past few weeks. 

From what I've gathered their are two main points that should be brought up here. And I'd appreciate anyone's opinions on the following. 

Number one

Which club are we playing for?

There's been a lot of moving around joining and leaving clubs already this season and we've only just began. 

From my understanding the original club 'Forever Gaming' had become too high ranked for some of the beginning players. The second club '#ForeverGaming' had some issues regarding a certain player (me) not being able to join / leave. And finally the third club 'FG FC' is the one we are currently using but has limited affiliation with the Forever Gaming image and has already surpassed the original clubs rank which was the first issue. 

I think we should delete the first club by removing the last members and re-create the final club, with the official name and only use it on Mondays or scheduled events. This way the clubs does not rank up too quickly and all the members can feel as if they contribute equally. 

Number two

Competing in cups. 

Last season we worked heavily towards filling our trophy cabinet with all of the cups and league titles. This hasn't been the case this year yet as there's been some discussions as to whether this is something we should do on our MNF sessions. Some players don't want people to be playing during the week as it spoils the fun for others, so when do we play cup ties? 

I personally think events should be set up so every couple of weeks one of the Monday night football events will be Cup matches rather than league matches. 

I'd love to hear your opinions to both points, so please leave a comment. 

I'm definitely down for having occassional Cup tie nights on a Monday, changes things up a bit and like you say it will get some more trophies in that FG FC cabinet. 

With regards to the club itself, i know i only get to get on there on a Monday, so sometimes i'll come on amd we would have gone up a couple of divisions since the previous week, and where some others have been on a few more nights in the week and levelled up accordingly as the team goes up the divisions, i'll be playing with my level from division 5 when we are in division 3 so sometimes the difficulty increase is noticeable. HOWEVER, i always enjoy the laugh and bants we have no matter what league we are in or how i'm playing as thats the element that is more important to me personally. So I am happy to go with what my fellow FGFC peeps want to do.

I don't mind what club we play for, as long as everyone is able to play. The reasoning for leaving the first club was to give people time to get their pros up a bit, and I think we should be in a much better position now. Having a second club for those who want to play during the week is an option, though it will annoy me with stats a bit!

Personally I don't really care for the cups, we genuinely win about 90% of the ones we enter, and they don't feel nearly as much of an accomplishment as progressing through the league. You often times can't even find opponents for the finals due to how unpopular some of them can be! If this is what the majority want however, I'll still happily jump on.

Overall with clubs I'm generally in the 'do as you like' camp. If peeps feel like jumping on a Monday and playing a cup, that's fine. If people want to play some league matches during the week, that should be fine too. Restricting when people are allowed to play games seems a bit silly to me.

Its a good time to chat about this @J-Lurch . I think the concept of having a 'strictly event only' FG Club is a good but not sure it flies due to seeing how people will be stuck sometimes in multiple clubs and we lose part of the fun in increasing what a specific FG FC club does. I love the cup night ideas and i think more ad-hoc events should go up for sure. It doesn't matter that cup isn't worth much cos you could argue the whole thing then isn't worthy of playing but we do it for the hell of it so go for that mate. Ad-hoc nights will work better for cup nights too because you can only play a specific cup each day and we'd never win all the cups if we just played on Monday. If we have one club though, the key is to keep people 'in the know'. It just needs anyone on one evening of clubs to just post up how you all have done. We'll have a megathread for any gaming nights and people can catch up on the antics and scores. Whats worked well and not, etc.

I equally am going to start alternating the 'official' regular night between Sunday and Monday - I notice that games and evenings can get stale super quick if we turn up just for the sake of turning up. It has to be fun. That also means people can still put up more events, even on the Monday when I look at Sunday ones. I might or might not be there, but that doesn't stop having a ton on that evening, just like the past few days.

I really want to pick up the Game Hub stuff more often but i notice when Work and Life is hammering its just too hard to maintain. But I think with your help James recently trying to make more of it and a few others doing the same, talking on here, posting up videos, etc, it will keep it being a great mainstay of FG.

TL;dr - Make a new club or stick with this one. Both work as long as its one club - as long people post up how we've been getting on each game night, ad-hoc or scheduled.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb