FG & The New Witch Queen Raid - Day 1 (and Day 2) interest

GazzaGarratt

Capturing interest for new Witch Queen Raid in February  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We organised 1 full team that gave Deep Stone Crypt a go on Day 1, managed to pull together 2 full fireteams for the refreshed Vault of Glass Day 1 as well...and this time out it feels like we have more than ever around to try out the new raid on Day 1, but also on Day 2 as soon as contest mode comes to an end.

I want this topic to capture everyone's interest at FG, so please pick an option on the Poll but ALSO please PLEASE, comment below on how you're feeling and if there's anything specific to mention.

I genuinely think we won't have to grind too hard for Day 1 at all due to contest mode. However, the more power you can get up, the easier it will be to take damage from Day 2 of the raid, which is always a huge difference from past experience.

I'd love to get 3 or even 4 teams to do it on Day 1 at FG! At the end of the day, yes, we all want to complete it but very rarely a Day 1 squad gets through it. It really is for the FG ride and experience and working out the puzzles after going in blind without looking at anyone else! Taking 7 hours with @Baabcat , @Greboth, @Bluebear , etc on Day 1 for Deep Stone Crypt and beating only the first puzzle was insane but probably a better feeling than sometimes completing raids even now 😄

So, who's in FG! Lets make this 2022 a bloody good one to help one and all 👊

P.S. Week One completion usually gives you access to buy something pretty unique at the Bungie Store. My coat from Deep Stone Crypt is probably one of the best things i've ever owned too and a great reminder of what that week was like 🧡

9 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Not sure if a date for day 1 has been announced yet, but based on VoGs launch schedule I am thinking it will be 5 March 5pm UK time. So if you want in for day 1, that’s likely to be the go time (aka Bluebear’s sandwich time).

Yep, good point. I looked at the calendar and other raid releases after my post and its very possible it'll be March 12th, giving just under 2 weeks from live launch. I really don't think the requirements will be too much for contest mode due to the Power level grind these days isn't as bad as it was in the past.

I think it will be 5th, thats 11 days after expansion drops, which ties in with VoG and is 2 more than DSC. 

In terms of grind, its worth grinding light/power for that week 1 completion, but actually for day 1 contest mode the artefact power will be disabled. Still worth getting it ranked up as it will have the best mods. Bounty saving going on here !

But also  as its a expansion we will probably see a bump in light level, maybe 50, which you'll get playing the story probably but will need for day 1 raid

So we know a bit more. Raid launch date and time is 5 March, 6pm UK time.

On 22/2 all gear will be raised to 1350, then soft cap is 1500, powerful cap is 1550, pinnacle cap is 1560. Would expect contest mode to be 20 below powerful cap (I guess), so getting to 1330 would be ideal, in 11 days. Jump to 1500 will not be too hard, usually gets done during story completion. Beyond that……

Stock up on completed bounties would be my recommendation.

5 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Stock up on completed bounties would be my recommendation.

Personally I don't think we have to do any of that imo. I'm sure it'll help with maybe a level or so on the artefact, but contest mode on Day 1 will restrict it anyway so all should be powered up enough if they're playing some of the 10 days before it goes live. I also want to enjoy the content and not burn out ahead of the release if you see where i'm coming from - but if anyone wants to horde bounties, feel free! 😄

Outside of this, I really want to get more names down above, so we know who is about to raid together on Day 1 and in that first week. Who else is in? I want to at least set up a few teams a week or two beforehand so people know who they have to join up with. Lets get those FG names down people!!

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Personally I don't think we have to do any of that imo. I'm sure it'll help with maybe a level or so on the artefact, but contest mode on Day 1 will restrict it anyway so all should be powered up enough if they're playing some of the 10 days before it goes live. I also want to enjoy the content and not burn out ahead of the release if you see where i'm coming from - but if anyone wants to horde bounties, feel free! 😄

Outside of this, I really want to get more names down above, so we know who is about to raid together on Day 1 and in that first week. Who else is in? I want to at least set up a few teams a week or two beforehand so people know who they have to join up with. Lets get those FG names down people!!

Lee did you do day 1 when VoG came out , contest mode. Was utterly brutal. All contest mode does is stop people who can play 24/7 getting an advantage, by capping them below a certain level. 

53 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Lee did you do day 1 when VoG came out , contest mode. Was utterly brutal. All contest mode does is stop people who can play 24/7 getting an advantage, by capping them below a certain level. 

Yeah, it was ridiculous. But I never did any bounty hoarding as my power level was high enough for Contest Mode. What it might help you with is Day 2 onwards, but equally part of the journey is learning and getting better each time. Do you remember when I first came here we were doing the original VoG as it had been out for a few weeks but it was something so new that many people here kept putting up times and we'd end up spending a few hours trying but failing to complete it for ages. Its crazy to think that's how it was back then for all of us here. Now we smash raids out from Day 2 onwards like a hot knife through butter 😄

And thanks Nick! @Bluebear

22 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah, it was ridiculous. But I never did any bounty hoarding as my power level was high enough for Contest Mode. What it might help you with is Day 2 onwards, but equally part of the journey is learning and getting better each time. Do you remember when I first came here we were doing the original VoG as it had been out for a few weeks but it was something so new that many people here kept putting up times and we'd end up spending a few hours trying but failing to complete it for ages. Its crazy to think that's how it was back then for all of us here. Now we smash raids out from Day 2 onwards like a hot knife through butter 😄

And thanks Nick! @Bluebear

yeah day 1 I’ll be delighted to get any loot, as I recall that day 1 DSC we got one drop but it was a great moment.

Ive for a stupidly busy week before the raid, so my 150 stored bounties are my comfort blanket !

2 hours ago, techno said:

As I was definitely happy to leave that vog day one run I'm happy to let you raid sweats give that a go but I'd like to get in on some more raids starting next season. I'll be back to weekends only at that time though.

5 March 6.05pm ‘mmmmm Gary will you just jump on this til xxxxx arrives ‘ 😂

5 hours ago, techno said:

As I was definitely happy to leave that vog day one run I'm happy to let you raid sweats give that a go but I'd like to get in on some more raids starting next season. I'll be back to weekends only at that time though.

Tbf, Day One whilst anyone trying a raid goes in to try and complete, based on previous contest modes we aren't goign to get majorly far so i'm not concerned about busting a gut for hours on end. However, I wouldn't say its the sweats, I genuinely believe most of us can do a Week One completion as after that Day 1 contest mode is switched off, we should feel the change up in getting through the raid. Make sure you're available both weekends buddy. We need to change the mentality that we have to wait ages to raid and be ridiculously overlevelled to complete it. 👊

7 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Tbf, Day One whilst anyone trying a raid goes in to try and complete, based on previous contest modes we aren't goign to get majorly far so i'm not concerned about busting a gut for hours on end. However, I wouldn't say its the sweats, I genuinely believe most of us can do a Week One completion as after that Day 1 contest mode is switched off, we should feel the change up in getting through the raid. Make sure you're available both weekends buddy. We need to change the mentality that we have to wait ages to raid and be ridiculously overlevelled to complete it. 👊

Absolutely right. I missed out on the Sunday raiding last time (after contest mode was switched off) but Charlie was in a FG team that got to the boss. Day 1 will be tough for sure but if you don’t fancy that let’s have people ready to go Sunday and Monday evening. Week 1 completions would be awesome and are definitely do-able for FGers

Just now, Baabcat said:

Absolutely right. I missed out on the Sunday raiding last time (after contest mode was switched off) but Charlie was in a FG team that got to the boss. Day 1 will be tough for sure but if you don’t fancy that let’s have people ready to go Sunday and Monday evening. Week 1 completions would be awesome and are definitely do-able for FGers

Actually they may have even got to Aetheon in contest mode!

4 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Not sure if Charlie has voted, but @Venom  is defo up for 6pm 5th March, to the bitter end !!

To the bitter end! (3 days later) Hahaha.

Anyway.. You know I'll be there to cover you! While Charlie and Carl do lots of the heavy lifting 😄 

Bump !!!

19 days to go peeps and there seems to be more FGers raiding than forever !

However we have 6 people signed up for day 1 (which would be easy to sort out ) and i would guess we have at least double that wanting to do it, so perhaps we need to sort it out a little bit. 

Bumped to see if we can get a more complete list