Low Manning Raids? FGers interest and info

GazzaGarratt

We're on our way to do a plentiful of raids this year, probably the most we've ever done (again!) which is insane. Some of the more experienced folk here want to start trying "low-manning" raids, so essentially rather than a full fireteam, try 5, 4 and 3 man raids. Sometimes this can sound more daunting to some and others I know they are very interested but probably don't know how to say or ask if they can be a part of one.

So let's use this thread to capture your interest and work out what to do in terms of planning time, dates and then loadouts.

Let's be clear from the outset, i'm sure this is something that takes time to achieve and usually always longer than 6-man raids. We all need to have a patience with one and another and also be happy to commit the little extra time you may need in that 2,3,4 hour raid. I'm sure the expereinced ones can chime in and explain when we need longer slot times for specific raids.

So, lets chime your name below and also good to here about which ones to start off 5 or 4 manning with if people can share this too? 👍

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Vault of glass is an awesome one to start with. Rather than jumping straight into a 3man, practice each encounter. For example opening the door, take a side yourself and keep it cleared, don’t let anyone help you, same for confluxs. For oracles I know a couple of us take over the oracles whilst everyone clears shit, be that person that wants to do oracles and practice. It’s not as bad as you think.

Templar is your first dps check. Believe it or not he still falls over in a 1 phase. 
Gate keeper is your first challenge. Practice soloing a side when you’re in a six man raid, it’s harder than you think. If you want to be the person holding the plates practice holding both plates. This is actually the easiest job. 
Boss isn’t as bad as you think. All 3 people will be pulled so you’ll need to master the technique to be held back. This is where standing in the middle is a must and not being a pussy and hiding at the back. 
Like I said, start practicing in a six man and it isn’t as bad as you think

So my opinion might be one sided on this but I agree with clive on this one. I'm not saying anyone is bad at the game but if your interested in this kinda of thing or always wanted to try out a low man raid or any activity really. Let's get you in there and practice it. Let you do rolls your not comfortable with until your confidence is up and boosted knowing you can easily do anything in the game as well. I'd love to help people with it but I'll put as much effort in as the next but you have to be willing to be able to learn and try even if you fail don't get discouraged or quit. Sure some pick things up quicker then others but once your confidence is up on each thing your in there. Then you'll be able to even teach someone else if it came down to it which is an awesome feeling as well. I know a lot people don't play destiny anymore because it's either a grind for them or they are not interested in doing things like this which is totally fine but I do know a handful of people might be curious on attempting something like this. So if anyone wants help let me know don't be afraid to reach out speak up please. I get some people like playing solo as well but hear me out and Lee will agree playing with friends is always better then being alone. So give us a shout with no fear of us not responding always down to help and teach much love.

What's the advantage of this?

On WoW we used to do this all the time, but that's because loot was finite so the less people you did it with, the higher your chance of getting the sparkly shinies. On Destiny everyone gets a goody bag regardless, is this so you have more toons available for more raids?

banlol.png

No not really dids it's more for the pure enjoyment of it and being a more skill based player is all. Numbers don't matter just something that not everyone can achieve or do so it's just a nice feeling knowing you can do it

47 minutes ago, FallenDark200 said:

No not really dids it's more for the pure enjoyment of it and being a more skill based player is all. Numbers don't matter just something that not everyone can achieve or do so it's just a nice feeling knowing you can do it

Gotcha. I really wish Destiny would implement a higher level of raid, for example in WoW we used to have challenge versions, heroic versions and all sorts. Some would require simply changing a setting before starting, others would have mechanics which you could do / avoid to trigger them. These would then also give out slightly better loot which was always nice. 

banlol.png

Yeah its just for completion of activities @Diddums and having fun findign different ways to play the game - it will obviously also make more people confident in standard 6-man raids too.

2 hours ago, FallenDark200 said:

So my opinion might be one sided on this but I agree with clive on this one. I'm not saying anyone is bad at the game but if your interested in this kinda of thing or always wanted to try out a low man raid or any activity really. Let's get you in there and practice it. Let you do rolls your not comfortable with until your confidence is up and boosted knowing you can easily do anything in the game as well. I'd love to help people with it but I'll put as much effort in as the next but you have to be willing to be able to learn and try even if you fail don't get discouraged or quit. Sure some pick things up quicker then others but once your confidence is up on each thing your in there. Then you'll be able to even teach someone else if it came down to it which is an awesome feeling as well. I know a lot people don't play destiny anymore because it's either a grind for them or they are not interested in doing things like this which is totally fine but I do know a handful of people might be curious on attempting something like this. So if anyone wants help let me know don't be afraid to reach out speak up please. I get some people like playing solo as well but hear me out and Lee will agree playing with friends is always better then being alone. So give us a shout with no fear of us not responding always down to help and teach much love.

I actually think more play Destiny than before. Its the busiest and most active FG has been, which is not usually seen in longstanding games.

What I'd say to the effort and willingness is that you are spot on with that you just need to ensure you keep enough time aside to give these a real good go. Maybe its also agreeing that ech time a slot is open for these things, you try for 3 hours and by the end you're not getting to the end its okay to say that you'll finish the practicisng there if you agree at the start (not everyone has 6 hour stints available i believe).

Also, that effort extends to talking on here too though, including creating events and clicking the buttons 😄 I'd argue thats the easiest bit of effort to put into, but we really need to pull together to make this stuff happen 👊🤗

5 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Gotcha. I really wish Destiny would implement a higher level of raid, for example in WoW we used to have challenge versions, heroic versions and all sorts. Some would require simply changing a setting before starting, others would have mechanics which you could do / avoid to trigger them. These would then also give out slightly better loot which was always nice. 

They do tbh - Master difficulty exists for VoG and they have said they are adding future Master difficulties to them. Some people want a different challenge to pick up numerous roles in a smaller team issall. The Master difficulties give out subtely better loot e.g. Timelost versions of the weapons which give extra mod/perks. Not sure why we don't get many people trying them?

I'd definitely be up for trying Master versions of the raids too btw alongside these!

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Not sure why we don't get many people trying them?

Because of the grind - can’t remember what level you have to realistically be to do VoG Master but last season was 1340 so I guess this season is 1350 (I think 1351 is preferred ). So 21 levels of the artefact , which makes it difficult to hit without being pretty committed to it. When I did it last season I was the right level and it was still pretty brutal. I literally did the 5 challenges modes over 5 weeks and got out of there !

The grind is seriously not even that bad though. You'll have 7 months in this season to have hit that power level which isn't even that bad imo. That's over half a year to do 21 levels over light level. The grind isn't the issue.

7 minutes ago, FallenDark200 said:

The grind is seriously not even that bad though. You'll have 7 months in this season to have hit that power level which isn't even that bad imo. That's over half a year to do 21 levels over light level. The grind isn't the issue.

Not this season but in a normal season not many will make it. Even in this season we have only 10 people in FG at 1351

40 minutes ago, techno said:

Yeah I will but I know you guys all like to run it and feel like I'm butting in if you get my drift. But where I can around work moving forward I will. Mainly vog.

oi dont think that you are butting in. anyone can join in on the raids so its nice to get in and get a feel of the raid and ask about learning new positions thats just how you learn it

join in any raid mate im sure everyone is more than happy enough to help out!

1 hour ago, techno said:

Yeah I will but I know you guys all like to run it and feel like I'm butting in if you get my drift. But where I can around work moving forward I will. Mainly vog.

There are a few people who I avoid when raiding, purely because these people put maximum effort in to their characters and really max everything out. When raiding with them, I just feel like that dumb twat holding everyone back (which let's be honest, I am 99% of the time anyway) which I feel ruins it for them which in turns ruins it for me. There are exceptions of course, usually after a few beers I just stop caring which only makes matters worse.

I did the whole hardcore raiding thing with WoW, learning the fights on launch day and all that, and I loved it. Being the top of the healing charts every single raid despite being one of the lower-tier healers was immensely satisfying but it was pretty much a full time job. The amount of resources I had to have in order to achieve this was astonishing. I get it, I respect it, I used to love it, but as I get older I just want to log on, mess around and have a laugh and then log off again.

banlol.png

@Diddums @techno  I personally think now we're in the best space we've ever been to actively complete raids each week and have enough openings and opportunity for people that play 24/7 to the people that want to have fun just experiencing and get the kick out of completing just one raid. We're lucky to have the likes of @Baabcat , @RenFengge and @Leeesh13  who have picked up creating multiple events after i've continued to do it for so long that if people know where to look and hopefully speak up, then they'll always be an option for anyone, regardless of skill level.

Also, I hope that you both do more raids over coming weeks, other FGers that are a little more silent/shy on this matter will definitely start to speak up a bit more and try and get themselves on one. You'll give them the initial confidence they need. 👊👍

Bringing it back to this thread, I think its perfectly okay that we have experienced people and new people that want to challenge themselves a little more and what we'll do here is balance out still mostly doing 6-man raids but making sure there's pockets of time for this stuff too.

6 hours ago, techno said:

Bro join an event. There’s plenty of us to help out. You’ve raided with us before and it’s always good helping a new raider out.