Useful Items to Collect & What They're Needed For

tronic44

Hi all, i thought i'd start this thread for people to be able to add items that are needed, what they are needed for (will be in brackets) and any other info. These items are one's that will always be needed brass, food etc

Resources:

- Scrap polymer (Robotic drone, Robotic Turret, SMG auto turret, Shotgun auto turret, steel crossbow bolts) It's needed for many other recipes but these are the main one's for now....i think 

- Brass (Bullet Casings) This can also be obtained via candlesticks, doorknobs, faucets & trophies. Important to note that you shouldn't scrap them to brass but put them straight into the forge and it will give you more brass

- Sewing Kit (First aid kit)

Canned Food:

- Can of chili (Chili dog)

- Can of dog food (Grandpa's Learn'n Elixer)

- Can of pasta (Spaghetti)

- Can of Peas (Tuna fish gravy toast, gumbo stew, shepards pie)

- Can of salmon (Fish tacos)

- Can of sham (sham chowder)

- Can of stock (Gumbo stew)

- Can of tuna (Tuna fish gravy toast)

- Lamb rations (Shepards pie)

- Large beef rations (Gumbo stew, Spaghetti)

Raw Food:

- Old sham sandwich (Antibiotics)

Scrap polymers are also used for my ammo of choice - steel crossbolt arrows!

I have made some non-crossbolt arrows/regular arrows too for the bow users. happy exploding things with them!

Also, I thought the Learnin' Elixer used dog food? Either way, all cans I find go in the Tinned Box!

20 hours ago, RenFengge said:

Scrap polymers are also used for my ammo of choice - steel crossbolt arrows!

I have made some non-crossbolt arrows/regular arrows too for the bow users. happy exploding things with them!

Also, I thought the Learnin' Elixer used dog food? Either way, all cans I find go in the Tinned Box!

You’re right it is dog food! Nice one!

I’ve added your steel crossbow bolts to the list, I’m hoping to move over to them shortly. Im still using a bow at the moment as I’m waiting to get my archer level higher, unless someone feels like making one for me ☺️

18 hours ago, tronic44 said:

You’re right it is dog food! Nice one!

I’ve added your steel crossbow bolts to the list, I’m hoping to move over to them shortly. Im still using a bow at the moment as I’m waiting to get my archer level higher, unless someone feels like making one for me ☺️

Ah. I thought you liked the bow! I made you explode-y arrows for it.

@TurboR56Mini  is making you a compound crossbow. It will be in your chest. 🙂 

18 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

Ah. I thought you liked the bow! I made you explode-y arrows for it.

@TurboR56Mini  is making you a compound crossbow. It will be in your chest. 🙂 

Done and in your chest. 

If we have coins can I suggest we all focus on buying every book available at the vendors. We can then bring them back and put them in the box for everyone so we can all get the extra perks.

I know Dave @Plumbers Crack  and myself require Art of Mining Vol.4 to complete the set I believe. That also gives us Blackstrap coffee which is amazing fix whilst mining!

Other major ones to look out for others are:

• Wasteland Treasures Vol.5 (Harvest door knobs from most doors)
  • The Art of Mining Vol.5 (You can craft basic resources like ore into compact stacks)
  • Wasteland Treasures Vol.7 (Harvest more lead and brass from sinks)
  • Lucky Looter Vol.3 (Find more brass in loot)
  • The Great Heist Vol.5 (Fall great distances!)

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If we have coins can I suggest we all focus on buying every book available at the vendors. We can then bring them back and put them in the box for everyone so we can all get the extra perks.

I know Dave @Plumbers Crack  and myself require Art of Mining Vol.4 to complete the set I believe. That also gives us Blackstrap coffee which is amazing fix whilst mining!

Other major ones to look out for others are:

• Wasteland Treasures Vol.5 (Harvest door knobs from most doors)
  • The Art of Mining Vol.5 (You can craft basic resources like ore into compact stacks)
  • Wasteland Treasures Vol.7 (Harvest more lead and brass from sinks)
  • Lucky Looter Vol.3 (Find more brass in loot)
  • The Great Heist Vol.5 (Fall great distances!)

We also are out of animal fat at the moment so can we "harvest" as many animals as possible please.. needed for cooking stews

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

4 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

We also are out of animal fat at the moment so can we "harvest" as many animals as possible please.. needed for cooking stews

Went hunting. Came back with like 70 fat. Will go out hunting again... if i don't get distracted by scavenging.

We need nitrate to make more pew pew (we have ZERO) and only a few thousand gunpowder left. This is due to making a metric fuck ton of ammo this weekend. 

We have thousands of rounds now but it's never enough. I moved the ammo crates to where the plants were and vise versa (we don't need two plant boxes but do need 2 ammo). You will see the crates for ammo marked on the left side of the wall. 

Lastly, both the in and the out doors are automated now with their own mech rooms! The doors run off battery and there is a charging station to the right (looking out) side of the entry. You can charge six batteries like the first base can for ease of swapping out the door bats. need a few more level 6 to have full stacks in each. I've also made some additional generator banks as I'm sure the traps will need a good amount of juice. They are in the box. 

Enjoy!

I imagine we need to mine for Nitrate soon then? 😅 It does make me wonder if we can utilise some other methods to kill zombies like what you've all done with traps and bombs so far. Does grenades and Molotovs use much gunpowder? Maybe a few hours of mining together will nail that resource problem instead.

I made a ton of food last week as its easy to plough through some of the more nutritious food. I think we could make Hobo and Meat Stew the easiest based on what we grow and have readily available in case someone wants to help the food supply but doesn't know what to cook.

The other food that would be next to make imo is Fish Tacos that use Tins of Salmon and Chili Dog which uses Corn Bread that you make from Cornmeal and Boiled Water. Cornmeal is made from Ear of Corn, so hopefully all the stuff in bold is something we can look out for in order to make the above dishes and keep stock up.

I mined a load of nitrate a few nights ago which was left in the chemistry station storage chest and I have a largish mine going but we'll also need coal to make gunpowder 👍  If you want to start a new coal mine, zoom in on the map and find a big black mark which generally indicates a coal deposit

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork