Server Rules!

Diddums

image.png

Well, none of us thought it'd come to this but here we are, so read, obey, or face the music (Diddums will be fed extra alcohol on punishment night, pick your battles carefully). 

1: You WILL stick to these rules. They are not negotiable, don't embarrass yourself with ifs and buts (lol butts). Failure to stick to these rules will result in consequences.

2: Respect other players and their property. If you destroy someone else's stuff intentionally, you will suffer. If you destroy something by mistake, then apologise and make it up to them. Or... you know, suffer. 

3: Questing - When questing on someone else's quest, they get priority over loot and stuff. This means no dashing to the fancy boxes and nicking everything for yourself. If it's your quest, then have at it, both barrels. 

4: When other people are placing blocks, you will not upgrade them unless asking for permission. Upgrading blocks is a lot of XP for those who do it, which is why we do it. Want the XP, build your own blocks you utter blockhead.

5: Logging off - No logging off right before horde night, it's not fair on others to log on and instantly have to tool up. 

6: You MUST post in the 7 Days Discord channel that you're a big fat turkey looking for a fight. This will mean you've read the rules and we all get to laugh at you.

7: Contribute to the server. If you can make something that nobody else can't, then share it. You'll be given all that you need to craft it, but offer to help others and spend a few minutes hooking your fellow survivors up.

8: No robbing chests. Leave enough stuff for others, or ask if you can take it. This applies primarily to consumables like ammo, food and drinks. 

9: No planting trees close to any bases, this ruins peoples' framerates and you'll be sick to death of me and my chainsaw before you know it.

10: If someone says they're looking for stuff, then keep an eye out. No need to go on the actual hunt, but keep your eyes peeled whilst looting / trading.

11: Looting - When looting stuff, then loot EVERYTHING. Loot will not respawn in containers that have been semi looted, so take everything and drop the stuff on the floor if you don't want it so it can despawn, and the container can respawn more loot. 

Have fun, have gun, shoot zombie, collect bacon, the end. See you online you naughty little scamps you. 

banlol.png

Consequences:

Because none of us can be arsed to track strikes or any of that bollocks and quite frankly we shouldn't have to, the consequences system will be quite simple:

For every infraction, you will face the Council of 7 Days. We will build a specific courthouse with chairs and whatnot, and you will attend an actual hearing which will be scheduled and free for all to attend. The host will be decided on the day, and the jury will be formed out of whoever could be arsed to log on and laugh at you. The punishment will be to either drop you 10 miles from the base with basic supplies so you have to find your own way back (and no cheating with beds, don't even think about it) or you'll be stripped of all your assets apart from food and drink, and locked in a jail which we will construct out of the toughest blocks known to man, where you will serve a predetermined sentence. These sentences can be shortened with good behaviour, such as great jokes, epic compliments or a surprise bribe by Uber Eats. 

It's simple  - don't fuck up, don't face the Council. 

The end. Behave yourselves you evil little chimps.

banlol.png

Rule 7. It’s hard to remember everything you can make and how the hell do you know what others can’t make?

Rule 10. It’s hard to know what people are looking for if you don’t hear them ask for it.

SOLUTION: Create a wants/would like/needs wall and put a sign up with your request. Have a chest beside it just for those items and only the person who has asked for the item to take it out. It should work and solve the problem of “evil little chimps“ not being on at the same time.

Anything in the other chests is fair game within reason... e.g. don’t take all of the last stack of ammo on horde night coz anyone dying has a fair chance of respawning in the base holding a gun with no ammo...bad planning I know but stuff happens. Be fair

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

46 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Rule 7. It’s hard to remember everything you can make and how the hell do you know what others can’t make?

Rule 10. It’s hard to know what people are looking for if you don’t hear them ask for it.

SOLUTION: Create a wants/would like/needs wall and put a sign up with your request. Have a chest beside it just for those items and only the person who has asked for the item to take it out. It should work and solve the problem of “evil little chimps“ not being on at the same time.

Anything in the other chests is fair game within reason... e.g. don’t take all of the last stack of ammo on horde night coz anyone dying has a fair chance of respawning in the base holding a gun with no ammo...bad planning I know but stuff happens. Be fair

I completely understand that we don’t know what everyone can’t make but all it’s takes is to ask people who are on or drop it in the server thread. It’s just because we’ve all taken different paths, so we can build as much as possible. Like when I could build mini bikes and made a load for everyone.

We should definitely do a wants wall, think that’s a great idea! I’ve just been posting in the thread on here about stuff I need for building things but having it actually in the game would be great.

Anything in the main chests is certainly fair game, it’s more for the other ones that people have built for just them. I say we have a wall of chests with everyone name on and you can keep things like the tools your not using etc in there. It’s up to you wether you lock it or not.

Basically we felt like we should start having server rules, it won’t just be for 7 days, It’ll be for all server we have in the future. Dave came up with a nice way of blending it with the game, plus we now get to build a big hall and jail.

Just keep on ensuring the FG 7 days megathread for this server is kept upto date with our escapades and any support/help required and that way we'll all know what each other are doing 👍

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I completely understand that we don’t know what everyone can’t make but all it’s takes is to ask people who are on or drop it in the server thread. It’s just because we’ve all taken different paths, so we can build as much as possible. Like when I could build mini bikes and made a load for everyone.

We should definitely do a wants wall, think that’s a great idea! I’ve just been posting in the thread on here about stuff I need for building things but having it actually in the game would be great.

Anything in the main chests is certainly fair game, it’s more for the other ones that people have built for just them. I say we have a wall of chests with everyone name on and you can keep things like the tools your not using etc in there. It’s up to you wether you lock it or not.

Basically we felt like we should start having server rules, it won’t just be for 7 days, It’ll be for all server we have in the future. Dave came up with a nice way of blending it with the game, plus we now get to build a big hall and jail.

Wall of chests is a great idea Rich...next one on sorts it out!

we don’t need to build a big hall and jail...there’s plenty of room on the first level down in the new build..it’s all cavernous and foreboding at the moment as well 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork