Cobra Kai

Antpool84

So i finished Cobra Kai season 4 last night....oh my god!!! I think Season 4 was the best yet! Although as much as the show wants you to root for Sam she still does my head in. I really liked the development in all of the relationships in the show, especially seeing the dynamic between Johnny and Daniel when they were working together. I won't go into too much detail about the show in this first post for those who haven't seen it, but anyone who wants to discuss the show feel free to comment 😁 If you haven't watched the show I would highly recommend it as it has everything, and its pretty easy to binge too as it only normally 20-30 minute eps. The way season 4 ended left me wanting more straight away. 

I unapologetically watched the entire season in 1 day. I loved it. 

I should mention that I am a super fan of the original movies growing up in the 80s and know them by heart. So all the little call backs and Easter eggs they throw in for the fans are great. One of my favorite series ever.

Watching Terry Silver come back to form was incredible. Hope Mike Barnes makes an appearance in season 5.  

Nothing ground breaking, but just a lot of fun. 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

i started it way back when it first aired and while i was a fan of the movies i wasn't a diehard too, now having almost finished the 4th season i can say that this is one of the best if not the best sequel of anything visual in a long time if ever and it came out almost 40 years later, yes it's not groundbreaking, it won't be praised by scorcese etc by it's good and faithful to the characters and respects both old and new fans, johhny lawrence's arc has been great so far

3 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

i started it way back when it first aired and while i was a fan of the movies i wasn't a diehard too, now having almost finished the 4th season i can say that this is one of the best if not the best sequel of anything visual in a long time if ever and it came out almost 40 years later, yes it's not groundbreaking, it won't be praised by scorcese etc by it's good and faithful to the characters and respects both old and new fans, johhny lawrence's arc has been great so far

Well said. 

I can’t wait for season 5, gonna be interesting where it goes from here. I don’t want to type spoilers here for people that haven’t seen it yet, but I’m excited for sure. 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I better start watching this then. I might refresh myself first on the films before as its been a while since I watched Karate Kid. Still worth watching all the films first or just the first one?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

12 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I better start watching this then. I might refresh myself first on the films before as its been a while since I watched Karate Kid. Still worth watching all the films first or just the first one?

well as of the send of this season the series has referenced all the movies except the one with hilary swank and the reboot, although i wouldn't find it impossible if they brought hilary back, still many events that are referenced or characters have flashbacks from the movies so we know/remember who is who and what they did

I didn't re-watch the films and I've found it really wasn't necessary as said the flash backs work. 

I'm half way through this last season and I've found it a little bit lacking tbh compared to previous series, it's hard to explain without spoilers hopefully it picks up and leaves enough at the end to want more because it is cleverly done.

On 1/6/2022 at 12:29 AM, Jason said:

Watching Terry Silver come back to form was incredible. Hope Mike Barnes makes an appearance in season 5.  

Got a strong feeling he will, which would be amazing!!

9 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

still many events that are referenced or characters have flashbacks from the movies so we know/remember who is who and what they did

Yeah, its really helpful that way i think.

Cobra Kai is terrible; it's cheesy, cringey, ludicrous at times beyond belief, some of the actors are meh and there's only a couple of characters I like (Eli/Hawk and Miguel) but I can't stop watching it 😄 I think I've watched every season within a few days of them being released.

My only complaint about S4 is Sam, I just found her too whingey but in fairness, along with some of LaRussos actions, you're supposed to somewhat go off supporting them.  Definitely an interesting ending with Silver and I am looking forward to S5.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Well I burned through season 5 this weekend, as usual once I started watching I needed to see where it was going. 

Johnny is great, by far my favourite character and then there is chozen 😁 

It seems odd to wait for a series then it's done in no time.

@techno I also crushed S5 the past 2-3 days.  This was one of the better seasons IMO because it got away from all the teeny bopper drama stuff.  It's still in there, but not as bad as other seasons.  I can't get enough of this show it sucks so much ass but it's also awesome at the same time.  Sort of reminds me of The Ranch on Netflix.  Just awful but for some reason I couldn't stop watching and that didn't even have nostalgia going for it.

13 hours ago, McNasty said:

I can't get enough of this show it sucks so much ass but it's also awesome at the same time.  Sort of reminds me of The Ranch on Netflix.  Just awful but for some reason I couldn't stop watching and that didn't even have nostalgia going for it.

I think @Jason  called it earlier in this thread that it sounds just good fun rather than groundbreaking new TV. Arguably its what most people like these days, rather than a really profound film. Not everything needs to make you think. Your body just needs happy fun endorphins 99% of the time but we get tricked by our 1% inquisitive side of the brain 😅

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb