What did Santa bring you this year? (2021)

GazzaGarratt

As its been a few days I thought I would ask you what everyone was grateful to receive this year from Santa?

Maybe share gaming and other things perhaps if you feel comfortable. The gaming stuff may help us understand what gaming nights we can set up in 2022 btw...

I received a few games for the PlayStation after looking at Amazon for weeks to help Mrs Santa 👀🤣. Disco Elysium, F1 2021, Assetto Corsa Competizione and Jurassic World Evolution 2. I've been waiting to get Disco for ages as its been widely received as one of the best games released over the last few years.

Outside of that I received a few Blackburn Rovers goodies, best ones were slippers...so comfy, warm and ideal for our gaming evenings 😎🤣

Anyways, what cool stuff did you all get this year?

30 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

As its been a few days I thought I would ask you what everyone was grateful to receive this year from Santa?

Maybe share gaming and other things perhaps if you feel comfortable. The gaming stuff may help us understand what gaming nights we can set up in 2022 btw...

I received a few games for the PlayStation after looking at Amazon for weeks to help Mrs Santa 👀🤣. Disco Elysium, F1 2021, Assetto Corsa Competizione and Jurassic World Evolution 2. I've been waiting to get Disco for ages as its been widely received as one of the best games released over the last few years.

Outside of that I received a few Blackburn Rovers goodies, best ones were slippers...so comfy, warm and ideal for our gaming evenings 😎🤣

Anyways, what cool stuff did you all get this year?

Nice one bud, mrs Santa is always good at getting you some games 😊👍

I actually didnt get any gaming related stuff. Got a new dressing gown and some Mr Happy slippers that will keep me nice and warm for fifa mondays, and a nice pair of timberland boots too

Hope everyone at FG had a lovely Christmas 

Thats a sweet xmas haul @GazzaGarratt, should keep you busy gaming lol. I got some really nice bits too, not much on the gaming side though. Kim made a comemorative display for me and my youngests first live nfl game earlier thus year, got a falcons hoodies too, a couple of AEW tops, Dave Grohls new book, a new Shazam figure for the collection and some chocs and sweets 😁 i did pick up Far Cry 6 and Skyrim yesterday on a little shopping trip though lol

I got a nice variety of things. COD Vanguard, couple boxes of 9mm ammo, a rifle vise for working on rifles/shotguns that I have been wanting, some slippers, couple fishing calendars, some parts for some of my Rc trucks, a subscription to Guns & Ammo, and a few other various items of clothing/around the house type goods.

A new type of book I wasn't aware existed.  It's a detective book where you need to work out the answer. So far I've used my brain, Google Maps and Google Search to work out the correct answers.

RrKKOhtl.jpg

Turning out to be pretty fun and I'm going to look at getting one called Journal 29, made by the same person.

15 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

A new type of book I wasn't aware existed.  It's a detective book where you need to work out the answer. So far I've used my brain, Google Maps and Google Search to work out the correct answers.

RrKKOhtl.jpg

Turning out to be pretty fun and I'm going to look at getting one called Journal 29, made by the same person.

@Stretch616 would love this! awesome idea.

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

I got a bajillion pairs of socks, a few bottles of whisky, new sexy controller for the laptop and some Bose headphones for walking the dog aswell as some hats with lights in for night walkies lol

Adrians Neweys book, James bond Blu Ray (I forgot how much I love having physical copies of stuff) and choccie as its the law.

Sounds like everyone has done well 🙂

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

3 hours ago, G_dub52 said:

I got a bajillion pairs of socks, a few bottles of whisky, new sexy controller for the laptop and some Bose headphones for walking the dog aswell as some hats with lights in for night walkies lol

Adrians Neweys book, James bond Blu Ray (I forgot how much I love having physical copies of stuff) and choccie as its the law.

Thats a sweet Xmas haul dude

On 1/4/2022 at 4:38 PM, Spacedeck said:

RrKKOhtl.jpg

Nice Harold! We tried one of these a year ago, but I think it went badly because my wife hasn't got the patience for these book ones (whilst on holiday, drinking, lol) and they are probably more for our minds than the kids. Be good to know how you get on with the next ones mate!

On 1/5/2022 at 7:51 AM, G_dub52 said:

Love the controller i've seen you post on Instagram, defo need to think about that for PC 😄

I also don't think you're George without some form of a hat 🤣 #beanies4lyfe Nice haul buddy!

12 hours ago, Helen09 said:

My parents haven't given me any presents for a holiday like this for a long time, because they think I've grown up. But with my friends we have a different situation. We are used to giving something to each other every year. This year we decided to just chip in and find a good tattoo parlor to do joint tattoos. As for me such a joint gift turned out pretty good and everyone was delighted and very much looking forward to go and do it. I was so nervous to be honest because it was my first tattoo... It was painful, but the result was worth it. Does anybody have a tattoo?

I do, it's one I got for my first daughter (a little dragon, looks a little like toothless to be honest out of how to train your dragon) it has a couple of sentimental attachments to it though. I had intended to get it watercoloured over the top in rainbow esque colours i.e. blues and pink but I haven't done it yet. Our first daughter never came home from the hospital sadly (she passed away at a month old) and it feel's like the last thing I can do for her, but once I have finished the tattoo then that's it there's nothing more I can do for my little girl =/

Then there came a second attachment in that a friend did the tattoo originally and during the pandemic (lockdown) she took her own life.

I wouldn't be adverse to having another one and whilst there was some pain at the time it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be!

45 minutes ago, Helen09 said:

I'm sorry...

Ah it's ok, I did not mean to put a dampner on the subject, more just pointing out that a lot of tattoo's have meaning behind them i.e. yours is about friendship. I can't say it's the case for everyone and every tattoo but often there are meanings behind the one's people choose to have.

On 7/18/2022 at 6:51 PM, Helen09 said:

My parents haven't given me any presents for a holiday like this for a long time, because they think I've grown up. But with my friends we have a different situation. We are used to giving something to each other every year. This year we decided to just chip in and find a good tattoo parlor to do joint tattoos. As for me such a joint gift turned out pretty good and everyone was delighted and very much looking forward to go and do it. I was so nervous to be honest because it was my first tattoo... It was painful, but the result was worth it. Does anybody have a tattoo?

That sounds pretty wicked! I've got a few joint tattoos.. always think they hold good memories better than my actual memory does 😂

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

Ah it's ok, I did not mean to put a dampner on the subject, more just pointing out that a lot of tattoo's have meaning behind them i.e. yours is about friendship. I can't say it's the case for everyone and every tattoo but often there are meanings behind the one's people choose to have.

I think you're a 100% right.. shouldn't matter if you get tattoos for a reason or not but if you do want to get a meaningful tattoo that's a lovely thing to do.

I mean I've got a tattoo for pretty much everything and the ones I love the most never had meaning at the time but now remind of where I was or who I was with.

My favourite tattoo is an illustrative version of the painting 'Room in Brooklyn (1932)' by Edward Hopper 😊