Vanguard thoughts so far

Drifter

Well I put Vanguard on my Christmas list so got it a couple days ago. Loaded it up yesterday. Holy hell does it take forever to download & install. Just seems wrong to me that you buy a game, yet to play the campaign you have to then download the campaign 🤪 I know why they did it that way, because of the files size, but still just seems wrong lol.

So far I have not played online as of yet, just been playing the campaign. Not sure how long the campaign is, but I've been playing for about 2 hrs maybe and so far I'm enjoying it. The section where you fly the plane and dive bomb the battle ships is pretty cool.

Prob finish the campaign in a few days and will start playing online and see how that is.

Yeah it was quite weird how they sectioned off the downloads this year. I actually skipped the campaign download and went straight to Multiplayer like I do every year. I haven't even downloaded the campaign yet. 

I find the Multiplayer is fun and pretty frantic with plenty of action. In comparison to MW19 which felt slow and campy. I think you will enjoy the Multiplayer once you get on. Lot's of guns and maps to play on. It's not perfect, but it's enjoyable. 

13 hours ago, Drifter said:

Cool that is good to hear. Are the maps mostly pretty good sized ones? I've never been a fan of the smaller maps on any of the COD games. Ones like Nuketown and Rust were ones that I hated to see come up when I was playing online.

There is definitely a good variety of maps for all sizes. Shipment, Das Haus, World at War Dome, MW3 Dome all small. 

The rest are all medium/large and there is some very large ones also. I think you will enjoy the offerings. 

Maps like Paradise, Berlin Wall, Castle and some others I can't remember of the top are absolutely huge. Tactical pacing plays a role also. Tactical is 6v6, assault is 7v7 or 8v8, blitz is 10v10 12v2. I even had a 24v24 TDM on castle one time. Tells you the scale of these maps. Tactical will only be 4v4 on shipment. 

I've only played the campaign so far and it's actually pretty decent. I don't know if I can even be arsed with MP.

One issue I have had is that the game completely shut down my Series X and I actually thought it had bricked my console as it wouldn't turn on. Luckily a power cycle sorted it out.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, Bluebear said:

Bit of a bump, but CoD Vanguard is currently 50% off on PSN right now!

That's a pretty good deal, nice to bump to make people aware of it. 

I'm still playing it and enjoying it. 

Just feels so much more faster paced than the previous 3 Cods. 

The movement feels nice and the TTK is quick.