so... cyberpunk tried to have a go at elden ring😅

Leeesh13

a developer of cyberpunk basically said that elden ring and sonic won't have police chases in their game. got the bread and butter of the article here but its pretty much just that with trying to make events where enemies chase you i believe

Screenshot_20211222-165528_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211222-165719_Chrome.jpg

Bit of a daft response even if he was being semi-serious - let's not forget all lies the developers fed us regarding how dynamic the police were supposed to be leading up to release including..

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-wanted-system-corrupt-police/

Police chases were going to be a part of the game including a fully-fledged law enforcement system but instead we got left with insta-spawning cops triggered upon alert in the cheapest and laziest way possible. Aside from a couple of scripted sequences, there are no chases in this game because the traffic is totally linear and on rails and it's ultimately unfinished. 

One of the senior developers 2 weeks after the game went gold still maintained in a podcast that all these features existed and were even 'deeper' than what had been talked about previous..

and cyberpunk had been in development for a hella of a long time and they decided to give up on working on the police... yep

and the developers aren't seeing the main problem with what they are doing which makes it even funnier😂

so yes let's go put police in elden ring im sure its gonna stop all the bastards god forbid.... actually jump in a "souls" game

"oh no the humanity only sekiro is allowed to jump verticallly"😂

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Man. I don’t want police chases in my souls games. Let’s not give Miyazaki any ideas. 

He’ll have undead dogs and skeletons chasing us all over the damn map. 

YOOOO you just gave me the best idea 

hear me out imagine a slightly smaller version of Wolnir being driven by a carrage lead by doggos and fucking wheel skeletons as the wheels and the wheels can detach themselves whenever whilst wolnir does puff puff the magic skeleton crap

fucking hire me😂

they promised a game with the quest writing of the witcher and an open world that is better than gta 5 and they barely delivered on the first point from what i have read online, what were they expecting?

Edited by Tar-Eruntalion
typo

9 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

9 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

they promised a game with the quest writing of the witcher and an open world that is better than gta 5 and they barely delivered on the first point from what i have read online, what were they expecting?

and also probably went down as one of the buggiest releases I have ever seen for a videogame I have ever seen like holy shit.

I honestly see it has developers having a fat trust that whatever they put out there is gold🤣

I want to go back to it but it felt more of a visually stunning window where I'd want to look at it alot but not really progress the quest line as they didn't feel as enticing as expected.

The open world being the way the game works would've been miles better with police chases. In-fact, it would've made perfect sense. I think they now they are past their window that anything they answer really adds anything to anyone who wants to make their mind up about the game. So I suppose he thought, sod it and let's be sarcastic. Only one answer how most people would take it.