7 Days - a new chapter

phil bottle

After convincing/challenging Carl @TurboR56Mini  to make the entrance underneath the OG base, we've now made huge progress to the underground network, connecting it fully to the Big Base, Horde Base and work has started on the tunnel to the Bad Place 😄

We've toyed around with the lighting and came up with a snazzy Lamp Post effect, that is inside the walls. Carl has been incredible on it, and its been a pleasure working it all out with him. I've also started on the huge space of nothingness in the Big Base so we can make more of it, adding a slanted roof. However, as the Stability has been creaking, we needed to start getting rid of the remaining rock underneath the surface. This led to a bit of the existing part falling down (@crispymorgan  - your Plane Tower took a hit) but if we don't do it now, we won't be able to build anything in that area. I'll grab some pics when I can.

I also think La and Carl should share pics of the Bad Place as the house looks great and its a great place to chill out and mine underneath too! Penis Ball Art FTW 😎

So @Diddumsinspired me to do a solo hoard base. I took it a bit extreme and went ahead and built a hoard base island in a lake, with a double drawbridge to a larger island in the same lake along with another drawbridge to the main land! (This will also have a tunnel up to grade for easy traveling!). Have some punchy punches, some shotgun turrets, blade and dart traps all on my little slice of death island. La and I just did HN448 and it was...boring actually. You can go unload your colon while the turrets and traps cleaned the few zombies who gave a fuck to swim out to you.

There is a nice little control room with two switches, one for the blade and dart traps and one for shotguns and spotlights. We are also sporting a fully incased mechanical room with vault hatch in the blade room so all the bits are safe. As expected, all wiring is fully concealed and this bad boy is all steel, had to use all those free steel blocks from crates some how!!

Working in the water is peaceful with 180 seconds of air. bridge building is easy and fast. My next thought is OCEAN. I'm pretty sure I can build an "oil rig" at sea with a ladder down to a mine through the water. I'm pretty confident I can remove the water from a structure using buckets and dumping them out. Although this might be a bit tedious, an underwater ocean lair/mine sounds too god damn tempting not to have a go. 

All in all, a productive day off I'd say.

20220131232744_1.thumb.jpg.4002ea316bdb2fe0dc1d58d7f7da5990.jpg20220131232735_1.thumb.jpg.c72a698200f88e19c3cb5aa4b0c91805.jpg20220131232751_1.thumb.jpg.4f2f4344091ed0cee01ade6b83893867.jpg

The desert horde base is exactly what @TurboR56Mini  and I wanted when we were first playing. Just to survive horde night in peace and not die.

I, however, have come to love the chaos and watch things blow up now lol.

I think the lack of spawning has to do with no actual land mass near us. I would have thought they would have spawned in the water.. but nope.. Just on a tiny tiny sliver of land that didn't have water on it lol.

20 hours ago, RenFengge said:

The desert horde base is exactly what @TurboR56Mini  and I wanted when we were first playing. Just to survive horde night in peace and not die.

I, however, have come to love the chaos and watch things blow up now lol.

I think the lack of spawning has to do with no actual land mass near us. I would have thought they would have spawned in the water.. but nope.. Just on a tiny tiny sliver of land that didn't have water on it lol.

Did you put a land claim block down? 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

That is some seriously awesome work Carl @TurboR56Mini . So, can you actually survive a whole horde night without them getting to you?? That would be amazeballs if so. I just thought they would walk through the water and hit whatever is below!

Been enjoying our workings out on the Big Base and tunnels mate, I'll try and get on again this week to take pics as we've managed to make more of the Big Base now that people can go multiple places for reasons. Still lots to do!

23 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That is some seriously awesome work Carl @TurboR56Mini . So, can you actually survive a whole horde night without them getting to you?? That would be amazeballs if so. I just thought they would walk through the water and hit whatever is below!

Been enjoying our workings out on the Big Base and tunnels mate, I'll try and get on again this week to take pics as we've managed to make more of the Big Base now that people can go multiple places for reasons. Still lots to do!

Yep.. Got to maybe make a snow biome base.. Maybe with a tunnel connection 😎

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork