7 Days - a new chapter

phil bottle

7 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

So um, I've smelted everything. We just have rocks left...

I will be mining tomorrow it seems! We made tons of oil, forged steel, ammo, etc. Before I logged off, I have a bunch more cobble cooking, more ammo, gun powder etc. I installed @crispymorgan  solar panel with 2 batteries at the front door of the mall. With only 2 level 4 panels and a level 1 charging two level 6 batteries, it's more than enough to sustain the current power consumption on the front side. I took disconnected the motion sensor at the small base, it's far too inconsistent to be worth the fuel "savings". I just have it hard wired with no drama, if anything, we can remove the extra engines and just leave enough to power it. I also installed the exit door along with auto open and force field and it works mint. So our miners out there need to get cracking!

I've got a few bits I want to do next time I'm on, basically I need a shotgun turret on the roof of the solo horde base and stuff the box with ammo and stuff and it's ready again. Then stick a load more traps down in the new base and start making some progress with the active defenses. After that I'm all yours and will auger the fuck out of anything for any resources, just let me know what we need. 

banlol.png

On 1/12/2022 at 5:56 PM, Diddums said:

Rad remover would just be the icing on the cake. 

I think @crispymorgan  found one yesterday buddy so hopefully it's in your chest 😄

Spent a little time jumping on yesterday and saw that Crispy carried on the progress I started with Carl on the runway, adding a Tower to the area so getting there for sure. I want to add 2-3 parking bays so we can gyrocopters parked up ready to go and one maybe spare for incoming landing. My main time was then spent with @phil bottle and @Plumbers Crack  extending the not-so-euro-tunnel (we need a better name) from newer base to OG base. By the time we made it close, it took little time to convince Carl @TurboR56Mini  to start making a way to connect them downstairs at OG base. Some great progress and probably should get a few screenshots to share here or a small video somehow.

GG's all!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Keep an eye out for solar cells. Level 6 if possible.  Through a combination of buffs, skills and liking the traders Facebook page I can get them down from 62500 coins to 24000 coins.  Barg...win.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

12 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

We need peas.. I can shepherds pie etc, but no we're out of peas

Personally, I'd focus on the slightly lower foods to create as Shepherds Pie whilst awesome in the amount of health it gives, it uses finite resources and doesn't last as long. Clearly make them if we have Peas but no point going out of our way to find Peas! 😄

I'd suggest making Hobo Stews supplemented by the other stuff with cans to broaden it out e.g. Fish Tacos and Chili Dogs. I've been living off Fish Tacos for abit so it doesn't hurt the food back up. Hobo Stews should be available in large supply due to it using farmed resources and rotten flesh which we have shed loads of. Meat Stews are an alternative with meat instead of rotten flesh but Hobo give an extra 14 Food I think (64 overall).

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

35 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Personally, I'd focus on the slightly lower foods to create as Shepherds Pie whilst awesome in the amount of health it gives, it uses finite resources and doesn't last as long. Clearly make them if we have Peas but no point going out of our way to find Peas! 😄

I'd suggest making Hobo Stews supplemented by the other stuff with cans to broaden it out e.g. Fish Tacos and Chili Dogs. I've been living off Fish Tacos for abit so it doesn't hurt the food back up. Hobo Stews should be available in large supply due to it using farmed resources and rotten flesh which we have shed loads of. Meat Stews are an alternative with meat instead of rotten flesh but Hobo give an extra 14 Food I think (64 overall).

True but it doesn't hurt to check the vendo's as you go past them. The other thing with the tinned food...if it isn't used in a recipe, just eat it as you pick it up. Thinking mainly of chicken rations here

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

11 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This... a million to this.

I understand that the tinned food recipes give lots more health and whatnot, but the effort to get the tins for our group is higher in the effort than making things like Hobo Stew or Meat Stew. We have ingredients for those in spades. Every time we hunt for fat, we come back with hundreds of meat, which we can sell half and keep half.. and we still have like a shit ton of meat.

The cooks and the farmers of the team (me, @GazzaGarratt, @tronic44) can stretch the resources better than non-farmers/non-cooks. The harvesters/hunters (like @TurboR56Mini ) always come back with so much meat and bones when hunting for fat.

The amount of time it takes to get the ingredients for meat stew or hobo stew is a fraction of time it takes to accumulate the same amount of tinned resources for equal amount of health in tinned food vs. non-tinned food.

Obviously, I will always bring back any canned food I find, but more often than not, I can make 30 meat stew for the team as opposed to like 2 tinned-recipe foods for the team.

Savegames should be compatible, but they recommend starting fresh...

What does that mean for our server group? (Indifferent to me, but I know everyone put in a lot of work into the bases...)

Tonight's update - the Player Vault is now open across from The Boom Boom Room. All of your boxes and items have been secured and ready for your use. We've also given some additional presents. @Plumbers Crack and @crispymorgan take a peak among others.

The farm has been at least doubled with around 100 plots being added. The stairs to the garage and Pink Mist room have been reconfigured along with a some more work done down there. All the exterior walls are now double thick and it's coming along. The tunnel is passable on a bike which if I'm honest, the best way to travel for ease of turning.

The kitchen renovation has also been completed with some fresh paint, extra storage, and more ease of use.

Added another chem station as well as part of the farm renovation.

Lastly, if y'all can move your nasty bedrolls to somewhere out of the smelting area and kitchen, that would great. It fucks with my mild OCD in these games 😎

11 hours ago, RenFengge said:

Being that we aren't starting over, do we still move over to the update?

Personally I'd keep as is... but I'll go with what the majority want. I imagine @tronic44 is the same too but let's hear what the people say🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 1/20/2022 at 9:31 AM, phil bottle said:

Personally I'd keep as is... but I'll go with what the majority want. I imagine @tronic44 is the same too but let's hear what the people say🙂

I’d keep it as it is, there’s enough map to not care about missing out on a few buildings and I can’t imagine there’s a huge amount of difference in most the updates. Probably just fixing textures otherwise they’d say we definitely have to restart. I’d only restart now if it was a massive jump, basically Alpha 21.

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Just a reminder to the admin to give the server a backup at some point, if you haven’t let me know and I can do it today.

Please! An awful lot has been done in the last week 👍💯

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork