7 Days - a new chapter

phil bottle

7 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

I think we should build our own city or town, different buildings, pubs, cinemas, car parks etc. You could have dave underground tube idea under it. I’ve never seen it done before, it’ll take a while. Or it could also be done based on biome. If you do it in the desert zone then it could be a Wild West village etc

Bit like Minecraft,eh? 😎😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

12 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Almost like no one here has played Valheim! We built a town there and it's neat. I'm down as long as other are. The building mechanics are nowhere near as good as Valheim so it will take longer but that's usually ok.

What are we on? Day 280 or something. There's folk on day 7000. So I think time is not an issue. 

We've been playing 7 Days on and off for around 8 years now, so I'm sure we'll come back to Valheim at some point😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

22 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

I think we should build our own city or town, different buildings, pubs, cinemas, car parks etc. You could have dave underground tube idea under it. I’ve never seen it done before, it’ll take a while. Or it could also be done based on biome. If you do it in the desert zone then it could be a Wild West village etc

Underground tubes float my boat 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

40 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Almost like no one here has played Valheim! We built a town there and it's neat. I'm down as long as other are. The building mechanics are nowhere near as good as Valheim so it will take longer but that's usually ok.

That was kind of my thinking, it could be something that take us a while but in between we could be exploring of parts of the map extra. I love the village that you guys made in Valheim, that’s kind of where I took my inspiration from, just this one will be pretty big.

You could also do a monorail

type thing but it would be a 4x4 instead.

We’d definitely have to have a library and, when I get a chance to get on, I could build my swimming pool again with the see-through bottom 😄 I got so many ideas, just not enough time.

ooo you could actually have a car sales place, omg you could even build an airport. Right I’m quitting work, something had to give and I’m too excited about this 😄 

6 hours ago, Diddums said:

Also discovered that the robotic turret (the one that doesn't need power) isn't very good, it does very little damage, runs out of ammo far too quickly, the range is quite short and it stops working as soon as I move a few blocks away from it. It did however give XP to me and anyone around me, so there's that. 

We used two last night more as an alert system to let us know if something was somewhere when our backs were turned. Plus, birds when we were dealing with the horde on the bottom floor.

6 hours ago, Diddums said:

Last night's horde night just proved to me that we're getting to the point of needing more than just guns, as it was absolutely mental. 

You don't say.......................................................................

The horde became what it was because I haven't put down new traps for the last 3 horde nights. I haven't repaired them either. So, we can't pick them off before they get to the building. They immediately get to the wall of the building now with no resistance. No pain. They just start attacking it. They mostly use the paths created from the hordes before, with a few sprinkled in the other traps.

but!

@TurboR56Mini  built you a pit to put blade traps in. I put in a bunch of spike and barbed wire traps just for fun (fully knowing they will not last the night). Watching them fall in the pit of despair was amusing... and listening to them skewer themselves. I look forward to watching them be met by the blender.

Also, I dragged Carl over to the horde base on horde day a bit early. He put in a grate floor over the first floor so we can shoot them safely... except, I can't throw molotovs at them anymore............

2 hours ago, RenFengge said:

We used two last night more as an alert system to let us know if something was somewhere when our backs were turned. Plus, birds when we were dealing with the horde on the bottom floor.

You don't say.......................................................................

The horde became what it was because I haven't put down new traps for the last 3 horde nights. I haven't repaired them either. So, we can't pick them off before they get to the building. They immediately get to the wall of the building now with no resistance. No pain. They just start attacking it. They mostly use the paths created from the hordes before, with a few sprinkled in the other traps.

but!

@TurboR56Mini  built you a pit to put blade traps in. I put in a bunch of spike and barbed wire traps just for fun (fully knowing they will not last the night). Watching them fall in the pit of despair was amusing... and listening to them skewer themselves. I look forward to watching them be met by the blender.

Also, I dragged Carl over to the horde base on horde day a bit early. He put in a grate floor over the first floor so we can shoot them safely... except, I can't throw molotovs at them anymore............

You guys should have a look at the Force Field video on the previous page if you haven't seen it already...make them go where you want them to go.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

You guys should have a look at the Force Field video on the previous page if you haven't seen it already...make them go where you want them to go.

We just watched it. Thanks for reminding me!

Sounds like @TurboR56Mini  is going to try to use it for a few things.

12 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Took this advice and built a force field around my damn garage door (which I added back and I expect to see it later today when I log in). In order for the "force field" to work, I built a room I like to call "PinkMist" (see below) in the basement which works amazing. With that said, a PSA about maintenance. 

PSA START

1.  The building we have been in for 290 some days does not and has not maintained itself. As in @RenFengge or I have been consistently repairing the walls every few days. As in we just walk around with the nail gun and some concrete and bang away (think of what could have happened with my first door rather than it just um, disappearing). 
  2. As the above scenario is mostly fixed with the PinkMist Room (will add the FF around the entire base), the new maintenance item is repairing the steel hatch (27k hit points) and the blade traps (2k) with FORGED STEEL. This requires a human being to go down staircase with some steel and nailgun on them and just clicky poo poo.
  3. GAS just gas, to fuel the genny under the traps. The steel door should always be open with that sweet sweet glow of power coming from the glory hole that is the maintenance room. 

I'm not asking anyone to cure cancer here just fix some shit here and there. This has solved the screamer issue as they now scream, and just walk in to the blades and die. No drama no worries. If you fail to maintain this trap (just like if we stopped maintaining the building) or if you fail to check the gas, you will have some unwanted guests.  So be that XP whore you know y'all want to be and clicky poo poo and filly fill fill. 

PSA END

I now present "PinkMist"

PinkMist.thumb.png.723b5fa49ab1fc873f607d7bd7f61a4c.png

5 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Took this advice and built a force field around my damn garage door (which I added back and I expect to see it later today when I log in). In order for the "force field" to work, I built a room I like to call "PinkMist" (see below) in the basement which works amazing. With that said, a PSA about maintenance. 

PSA START

1.  The building we have been in for 290 some days does not and has not maintained itself. As in @RenFengge or I have been consistently repairing the walls every few days. As in we just walk around with the nail gun and some concrete and bang away (think of what could have happened with my first door rather than it just um, disappearing). 
  2. As the above scenario is mostly fixed with the PinkMist Room (will add the FF around the entire base), the new maintenance item is repairing the steel hatch (27k hit points) and the blade traps (2k) with FORGED STEEL. This requires a human being to go down staircase with some steel and nailgun on them and just clicky poo poo.
  3. GAS just gas, to fuel the genny under the traps. The steel door should always be open with that sweet sweet glow of power coming from the glory hole that is the maintenance room. 

I'm not asking anyone to cure cancer here just fix some shit here and there. This has solved the screamer issue as they now scream, and just walk in to the blades and die. No drama no worries. If you fail to maintain this trap (just like if we stopped maintaining the building) or if you fail to check the gas, you will have some unwanted guests.  So be that XP whore you know y'all want to be and clicky poo poo and filly fill fill. 

PSA END

I now present "PinkMist"

PinkMist.thumb.png.723b5fa49ab1fc873f607d7bd7f61a4c.png

Hugely appreciated @TurboR56Mini ! Thanks for also explaining whilst online last night too, as I don't think i've ever been involved and known about this can happen! It could be a great idea to have a chest next to the Pink Mist exit that has just steel in it so people can pick it up and upgrade the walls around the building and then pop the surplus back in the box.

Haven't had chance for a mini game update like I do, so now seems a good chance to do just that. @phil bottle mentioned to me last week that we've created a huge massive container that we call our 'new' base but not really pushed it forward so much. Therefore I took up the challenge to help make something of it for everyone so others can feel like they can chip in for certain areas. I did try and start on the shell of the front quarter unit that had slightly been started but we then came up against the stability issue. For now it has stairs and a little more structure but I intend to make more of it for us, potentially FG Quarters for us all I think.

As we kept driving in the manual front door at the time, I decided to use a large space for car and bike parking. I did a ton of work for bays and structure so it would look professional - even to the extent of adding arrows, which then started the debate of we then can't ever leave as the arrows don't go both ways! (much to my frustration ofc 😄). So, whilst they loved every minute of jabbing me about why I didn't plan correctly, I did what any great Agile Project person would do - adapt and make it even better!

So below shows a brand new exit too with further bike bays (as 4 didn't seem enough for everyone online at the time) and then changed the small bike bay area to a disabled bike bays for Dave @Plumbers Crack  to take full advantage of 😁 With the support of Carl, we managed to make the exit door powered on sight and ensured the road would connect once outside the massive base. Since these picks, Carl has taken it forward to make the front entrance powered on sight too.

I'll try and take another pick over the next few days showing my work on the roof over the parking in which I planned to make into a Helipad/Gyrocopter runway - hoping that everyone will love that we have that a space for this in the new base! Great work everyone so far. Horde nights have been ridiclously fun too, even if i'm on 4 FPS and low settings 😄 Its been frantic and funny as balls falling off the top and drinking Moonshine to stay alive!

The base last week

image.png

The entrance to new base car park

image.png

image.png

Ok so the solo horde base is complete and works rather well. This is for anyone to use should you need to get through a horde night solo or if you're not very prepared. 

This isn't meant as a replacement for the main base but rather just a stopgap until that's properly ready for use, something I'm going to get started on today. 

There's a shotgun turret on the roof which will kill any birds, a few spinny traps which will kill any zombies that make it past the sledge turrets and a couple of sledge turrets which will continuously smack zombies down in to the massive pit below for a bit of punch damage, occasional fire damage (they have fire mods on) and fall damage. This will massively help manage zombies on horde night be basically abusing the game's pathing system.

There's also a chest in the little hidey hole full of supplies. 

Instructions:

Before horde night make sure that the shotgun turret on the roof has ammo, and the generator has fuel. Take the two sledge turrets out of the chest and place them like this:

image.png

Turn the generator on, get in the little hidey hole and open the two hatches, these will allow you to shoot out of the hidey hole but prevent anything getting in. 

I used this idea so it'll give a much better description than I can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhcvyYDSKy0

banlol.png

6 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Ok so the solo horde base is complete and works rather well. This is for anyone to use should you need to get through a horde night solo or if you're not very prepared. 

This isn't meant as a replacement for the main base but rather just a stopgap until that's properly ready for use, something I'm going to get started on today. 

There's a shotgun turret on the roof which will kill any birds, a few spinny traps which will kill any zombies that make it past the sledge turrets and a couple of sledge turrets which will continuously smack zombies down in to the massive pit below for a bit of punch damage, occasional fire damage (they have fire mods on) and fall damage. This will massively help manage zombies on horde night be basically abusing the game's pathing system.

There's also a chest in the little hidey hole full of supplies. 

I love this so much! It gave us confidence to make spinny blades for the OG base.

Does the sledge turret count as one of the robots? As in, others, who are not you or I, who have all the robotic points, will only be allowed to have 1 robot working at a time. Have to have all the points to have 2 robots going.

8 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

I love this so much! It gave us confidence to make spinny blades for the OG base.

Does the sledge turret count as one of the robots? As in, others, who are not you or I, who have all the robotic points, will only be allowed to have 1 robot working at a time. Have to have all the points to have 2 robots going.

Yes, completely forgot about that! In that case just put the one one and have a shotgun ready for any stragglers. Still turn the generator on though as loads of zombies still walk in to the blades. 

banlol.png

8 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

"PinkMist"

I've modded this a bit, added a motion sensor with a 30 second on-time so the blades aren't spinning 24/7. Tested it out too, hurts like a bitch. Ask me how I know. 

banlol.png

I think the Solo horde base is great @Diddums. Especially as Horde night can come round so quickly and if you want to play but just want to get through it we should defo use it. Can I suggest that you paint the turret blocks with an arrow or target? You know how people will forget when they're looking at the exact thing they need to do! Cheers for the awesome work mate! 🧡

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think the Solo horde base is great @Diddums. Especially as Horde night can come round so quickly and if you want to play but just want to get through it we should defo use it. Can I suggest that you paint the turret blocks with an arrow or target? You know how people will forget when they're looking at the exact thing they need to do! Cheers for the awesome work mate! 🧡

I've no idea how to paint, if you do, please paint them for me 😂

banlol.png

So, the solo horde base. It was quite badly damaged in horde night, but it survived. The whole thing went to shit when a single block for the pathing was destroyed, meaning the zeds couldn't climb the staircase anymore and just started wrecking everything else. I've hammered out their path and rebuilt it in steel blocks, then I need to rebuild the staircase and the base itself. Then make a pathway for anyone to walk on that is both out of reach of the zeds, but still able to repair the spinny traps. 

Excellent horde night, I know what needs doing and next time it'll be pretty much indestructible. 

Rad remover would just be the icing on the cake. 

banlol.png

Even though I’m not able to play often, it makes me so happy to see everyone having fun. I’ve pushed this game upon everyone for years, either the base game or the modded version and have close to 1000 hours on it. Hopefully there’s enough admins to help keep everything ticking over but if you all want someone extra to be admin, please let me know (although dave or Phil should be able to sort it) 

If there’s any issues at all, please let me know and don’t forget to backup them server every now and then. Don’t want all that hard work going to waste!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for enjoying it so much and happy surviving.

So um, I've smelted everything. We just have rocks left...

I will be mining tomorrow it seems! We made tons of oil, forged steel, ammo, etc. Before I logged off, I have a bunch more cobble cooking, more ammo, gun powder etc. I installed @crispymorgan  solar panel with 2 batteries at the front door of the mall. With only 2 level 4 panels and a level 1 charging two level 6 batteries, it's more than enough to sustain the current power consumption on the front side. I took disconnected the motion sensor at the small base, it's far too inconsistent to be worth the fuel "savings". I just have it hard wired with no drama, if anything, we can remove the extra engines and just leave enough to power it. I also installed the exit door along with auto open and force field and it works mint. So our miners out there need to get cracking!

12 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Even though I’m not able to play often, it makes me so happy to see everyone having fun. I’ve pushed this game upon everyone for years, either the base game or the modded version and have close to 1000 hours on it. Hopefully there’s enough admins to help keep everything ticking over but if you all want someone extra to be admin, please let me know (although dave or Phil should be able to sort it) 

If there’s any issues at all, please let me know and don’t forget to backup them server every now and then. Don’t want all that hard work going to waste!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for enjoying it so much and happy surviving.

Miss ya big guy, hope you can be on soon again ❤️

I've made @RenFengge an admin already so we're all good on that front. 

Also, when this game costs me my marriage, you're paying for my divorce lawyer and I'm sleeping on your sofa until I get my own place again. 

banlol.png