7 Days - a new chapter

phil bottle

I’ve upgraded my chef skills, so I can now make spaghetti, gumbo stew and Shepard’s pie. All of them give you 100+ food, a lot of health and max stamina of 40. For us to be able to cook these, we need a lot of tinned food, so when ever you see a vending machine please grab what you can. 

Im also going to start making Grandps learn’n elixir, it gives you an extra 20% xp so will be very useful on horde nights.

I’m going to be away for 2 weeks from the 6th but I plan on taking a laptop with me, I won’t be on British time but will try and jump on and do the odd thing when I can. 

From Mr Vague 😄

On 12/20/2021 at 8:24 AM, Plumbers Crack said:

Perhaps we should investigate this as a horde base....

Soooo.. lol.

@TurboR56Mini  and I tried this one on our 2nd horde night, and it failed miserably as the zombies took out the columns below instead of going up the stairs. Good times. Hahah.

16 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I’ve upgraded my chef skills, so I can now make spaghetti, gumbo stew and Shepard’s pie. All of them give you 100+ food, a lot of health and max stamina of 40. For us to be able to cook these, we need a lot of tinned food, so when ever you see a vending machine please grab what you can. 

Im also going to start making Grandps learn’n elixir, it gives you an extra 20% xp so will be very useful on horde nights.

I’m going to be away for 2 weeks from the 6th but I plan on taking a laptop with me, I won’t be on British time but will try and jump on and do the odd thing when I can. 

From Mr Vague 😄

Also, fantastic! I am also trying to upgrade my food skills and at the third level... so you don't feel completely burdened with it.

Same for Physician skills. I can make first aid kits, which require Beer, Blood bags, and Sewing Kits. The regular bandages we can make from scrap cloth.

Carl and I have been having a blast dropping so many hours into this game. It's been a blast playing with everyone. I hear that even @FallenDark200  will join in!

I've had a couple of days away but I think I'll be on a bit today and this evening. Last time I was on I went for a ride and I can't remember now where I logged off. So that will be interesting. 

I hear at least one brave soul is going to look for a trader in the radiation zone, which can only end well 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Last time I was on I went for a ride and I can't remember now where I logged off. So that will be interesting. 

It’ll be interesting to see if your minibike is still there Phil 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Drones! I can make Level 3 drones! Or 4. I can't remember what level I dumped some points into.

We will be on again tonight, but probably after everyone else because we won't be on until 5pm ET...

I'll try to log on with Carl during lunch for a few moments to repair the horde building for the upcoming horde night. 

I'm back from my holiday now so i'm looking forward to seeing what you've all completed so far! Great updates above though so appreciate all this 🧡

Looking at what some of you may have mentioned you need, i noticed I usually find sham sandwiches, bottles of acid and stuff like sewing kits and zombie flesh are in any trash bags you can find. Even the small yellow cardboard ones that are easy to miss before you enter houses. I video popped up whilst away and confirmed the same thing so that could be helpful to extra loot that we all need. Maybe the looting skill points would also help increase chances.

Might see you on later for an hour. Would be cool to see build picture progress in parts too on here.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Been loving this game lately, although I tend to just do quests, gather shit for other folks and generally piss about rather than actually craft shit. I still like to think I'm contributing even though I'm probably just irritating people, but whatever. I got a chainsaw yesterday and I think I harvested something like 50k wood sharpish which is great fun. I can literally just crack open a beer, stock up on food and drinks, and go chopping for a day or two. I love it, and I often come across care packages too, last night I found two. The base is coming along rather well and as @phil bottle has basically morphed in to a mole digging tunnels all over the place I think I might need to create some kind of map system.

Might have another good sesh this weekend if I can. 

banlol.png

30 minutes ago, Diddums said:

as @phil bottle has basically morphed in to a mole digging tunnels all over the place I think I might need to create some kind of map system.

You’re a Legend if you can crack this....you might have to use the gyrocopter to clear your own map first though

Day 240 or thereabouts.

The OG base has had some upgrades and is looking good with its new defensive feature, the water fountain 😅 I love it 

The current horde night base is doing its job, only the occasional ejit falling off the roof as @TurboR56Mini  has made child proof railings, mostly for @GazzaGarratt 😁

@Diddums keeps wondering why his search for bush gives giving him major wood. 

The new base is coming along nicely, slowly but nicely. Absolutely love Lee's additions although there was a dispute over signage and access😅

@RenFengge has made finding a way into the horse base much more pleasurable, now I just follow the pink trail 🤗

Good to see lots of people on and @Plumbers Crack  almost ever present🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Loving the game, been a while since I enjoyed playing something this much.

I'll be starting to tinker with robotics a bit, I've already made 38 blade traps which can be installed in the new base, but before that, I'll be using a few to create a small horde base so I can experiment a bit and learn the finer details of them. As it'll take an absolute metric fucktonne of resources to create all the traps needed for the main base, I need to be absolutely 100% sure that when I put them down, they're down for good. So I'm going to make a small little base elsewhere where I can fuck around a bit, and once I'm confident that I've come up with a good, reliable and effective solution for the main base, I'm going to go ham and absolutely surround the place with traps. 

I also moved the wood farm as it was in a bit of a shit spot s every time someone went past it they'd drop to single digit FPS. The new location is where I'm standing here:

wUZqoLe.jpeg

There are about 800 trees currently planted there so if anyone needs wood, go for it. Keep in mind however that my skill points are all maxed out for efficient wood harvesting so if you think we're gonna need wood soon, let me know and I'll go harvesting next time I'm on, or grab some yourself, up to you.

On another note, @tronic44 has made me a server admin so if the server gets a bit laggy or buggy or whatever, let me know and I can restart it. 

I also made some good progress with the courthouse, however I think @TurboR56Mini  need to give it a woman's touch as it just looks a bit concrete atm. Maybe I'll use it as an experimental building for the traps, not sure yet. 

That's all folks, thanks for the fun so far, it's been immense. Can't wait to get back on ❤️ 

banlol.png

15 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I don't like the idea of a court house in our post apocalypse @Diddums so this is fair warning that I'll be using dynamite to obliterate it at some point👍😍

Nah, leave it for now, gonna have another look later. Maybe a "tube station" for the underground tunnels? I'll come up with something interesting.

banlol.png

5 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Repurpose it then, don't destroy it. Could make a nice workshop or something. 

I'll repurchase you darling for manual labour down my tunnel, if you know what I mean...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So, once @Diddums has smashed my back door in, we should think to the future.

My main goal so far been to establish a main base with moat full of killing machines, and looks like we're on the final straight.

Once the base is finished, what then? Time to roam the map? Expeditions to other biomes?

Here's my suggestion 1.

Everyone makes a little base of their own.

One day a month we turn on PVP and for one purge day we run riot trying to kill each other.

Then afterwards help each other repair our damaged bases.

Suggestion 2

Build the biggest tallest base the world of 7 days has ever seen. 

But maybe do some map exploration before turning to this.

Other ideas welcome 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, Diddums said:

I also moved the wood farm as it was in a bit of a shit spot s every time someone went past it they'd drop to single digit FPS. The new location is where I'm standing here:

I have no idea what you're talking about 😄I thought it was quite apt for it to be between two logging camps.

5 hours ago, Diddums said:

I'll be starting to tinker with robotics a bit, I've already made 38 blade traps which can be installed in the new base, but before that, I'll be using a few to create a small horde base so I can experiment a bit and learn the finer details of them. As it'll take an absolute metric fucktonne of resources to create all the traps needed for the main base, I need to be absolutely 100% sure that when I put them down, they're down for good. So I'm going to make a small little base elsewhere where I can fuck around a bit, and once I'm confident that I've come up with a good, reliable and effective solution for the main base, I'm going to go ham and absolutely surround the place with traps. 

I love this so much. Because I thought I was going to have to do it. I'll still do that, but I want to focus my points on some other stuff. Now, I can.

Playing as a team is definitely a blast. Seeing other people take on roles that I usually first focus on (food, defense) allows me to just wander to my heart's content. I'm happy with being able to create antibiotics and whatnot for everyone. Helping to farm and cook when needed. But, now, I can focus on making Level 5 military armor for anyone who prefers to use the light armor.

How we play together is what I was hoping from Fallout 76. @TurboR56Mini and I did play with a few others, but it was never like this.

So whilst I'm definitely working honest guv, I'm doing a bit of research and am getting conflicting results.

The problem I'm facing is XP and whether we get XP or not from traps and whatnot. From my limited research, there are the auto-thwackers which will punch zeds in the gut. These, when strategically positioned, can smack a zed off a wall so it takes fall damage. It is my understanding that this counts as a player kill so the XP should still count, but I need to be sure.

The other thing is that traps and whatnot don't award XP when they kill zeds, however with perks this can be brought up to 50% of the normal player XP. What I don't know is whether that will then share with everyone around me, or whether everyone else needs the perks too.

I'm hoping to hop on this evening to start testing, I'll likely build a little structure somewhere for testing and might rope one or two of you in to see if you get XP. 

If nobody gets XP in any of these scenarios, then I'll have to look at killing corridors with electric fence poles to zap the zeds and then we can kill them when they're stunned. 

Plans are being formed, just need to sort out a few things before smashing it all together. 

banlol.png

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

So whilst I'm definitely working honest guv, I'm doing a bit of research and am getting conflicting results.

The problem I'm facing is XP and whether we get XP or not from traps and whatnot. From my limited research, there are the auto-thwackers which will punch zeds in the gut. These, when strategically positioned, can smack a zed off a wall so it takes fall damage. It is my understanding that this counts as a player kill so the XP should still count, but I need to be sure.

The other thing is that traps and whatnot don't award XP when they kill zeds, however with perks this can be brought up to 50% of the normal player XP. What I don't know is whether that will then share with everyone around me, or whether everyone else needs the perks too.

I'm hoping to hop on this evening to start testing, I'll likely build a little structure somewhere for testing and might rope one or two of you in to see if you get XP. 

If nobody gets XP in any of these scenarios, then I'll have to look at killing corridors with electric fence poles to zap the zeds and then we can kill them when they're stunned. 

Plans are being formed, just need to sort out a few things before smashing it all together. 

Don't worry about XP, it's important early on to get certain things going but I don't pay any attention after a while. It comes naturally from playing the game and doing stuff.

There's no XP from traps but wasn't aware of perks around that giving you some, that's new on me.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Here's my suggestion 1.

One day a month we turn on PVP and for one purge day we run riot trying to kill each other.

Then afterwards help each other repair our damaged bases. we roll back the server a day and our bases are as they were

Fixed that for ya Phil 😎

Started building a little test facility last night, didn't have long though so will have to carry on next time I'm on. 

Also discovered that the robotic turret (the one that doesn't need power) isn't very good, it does very little damage, runs out of ammo far too quickly, the range is quite short and it stops working as soon as I move a few blocks away from it. It did however give XP to me and anyone around me, so there's that. 

I will say however that as each player is limited to one of these things (two with skill points), a few of them might actually help a bit. 

@TurboR56Mini  managed to track down a Grandpa's Fergit'n Elixir for me which will come in handy, so I can wipe all my skill points and make a build more orientated to robotics and electrics. 

Last night's horde night just proved to me that we're getting to the point of needing more than just guns, as it was absolutely mental. 

banlol.png

23 hours ago, phil bottle said:

So, once @Diddums has smashed my back door in, we should think to the future.

My main goal so far been to establish a main base with moat full of killing machines, and looks like we're on the final straight.

Once the base is finished, what then? Time to roam the map? Expeditions to other biomes?

Here's my suggestion 1.

Then afterwards help each other repair our damaged bases.

Suggestion 2

Build the biggest tallest base the world of 7 days has ever seen. 

But maybe do some map exploration before turning to this.

Other ideas welcome 😁

I think we should build our own city or town, different buildings, pubs, cinemas, car parks etc. You could have dave underground tube idea under it. I’ve never seen it done before, it’ll take a while. Or it could also be done based on biome. If you do it in the desert zone then it could be a Wild West village etc

3 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

I think we should build our own city or town, different buildings, pubs, cinemas, car parks etc. You could have dave underground tube idea under it. I’ve never seen it done before, it’ll take a while. Or it could also be done based on biome. If you do it in the desert zone then it could be a Wild West village etc

Almost like no one here has played Valheim! We built a town there and it's neat. I'm down as long as other are. The building mechanics are nowhere near as good as Valheim so it will take longer but that's usually ok.