The Matrix Awakens - Free Tech Demo (PS5/Xbox Series X)

GazzaGarratt

A tech demo is available now for free on PS5 and Xbox Series X. The full demo is below and it acts as a tease to the new film (Matrix Resurrections) coming out very soon and also to show off the ability of the next gen consoles.

I initially thought it was a game and it very much looked like the old James Bond RPG games which could be pretty linear but also very enjoyable but now its not that i'm a little gutted truth be told. Who knows if the film gets a good reception they may decide to create a fully fledged game in the future.

Let us know if you try it out.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Looks very impressive and I'll definitely give this is a go later. This is exactly where gaming should be at right now and just proves how obsolete and ageing the lies of Call of Duty engines and Frostbite is - sure they may be acceptable on the surface but this day and age they are incredibly limited in terms of scope and performance.

The more developers that produce their own cutting edge engines or adopt Unreal 5, the more visually spectacular and strongly performing games we'll get. If they back it up with gameplay then we'll have a conveyer belt of quality titles flowing. 

Screen tearing seems to clear up after a few minutes as does the performance but there is the occasional dip here and there. Nothing major though especially considering there is an entire city rendered and 36,000 cars on the map. 

Reflections and ray tracing is remarkable too 

image.thumb.jpeg.3281f2f50eff552e2cd3a79fc8852e66.jpeg

Traffic volumes at junctions is also really immersive - Cyberpunk can barely have 3 cars and 2 pedestrians on the screen at any given time before the framerate tanks

image.thumb.jpeg.5a69e34cbf9a610386e56783805ca5ae.jpeg