30th Bungie Anniversary DLC - D2 Opinions and Impressions

GazzaGarratt

A new trailer released just before it went live:

Well, firstly i'd say that when I looked at the pricing model, I did think this was going to be overpriced in some ways versus the seasons and upcoming DLC in Feb 2022. However, yesterday was absolute blast. It was like opening the game and everything wacky, fun as hell to do was right there to do yesterday. I think what has also helped is that we have Iron Banner and Moments of Triumph that have started on the same day so it felt like you could pretty much go anywhere and do something fun.

What I like most about it though, is it is exactly what they've been saying it was for weeks on social media. They knew it was going to be exactly connected to story but more of a celebration for all things Bungie related. What we got was a Xur and Horsey playing Wheel of Fortune Gameshow with tons of randoms Power Ups alongside some fun, simplistic mechanics. The Dungeon is also just really good fun for anyone that wants to have a real laugh at watching your mates get spiked by accidentally hitting a pressure pad or a lever. @Ajay , @ImRyzxn  and myself spent over an hour just dying and laughing away, finding our way through it 🤣

Is much of the content easy? Yeah, I think so. But they also shipped stuff with Master difficulties to be challenged a little more and there are triumphs to grab that will give you some pretty cool emblems and other cosmetics.

Loot? Well, if you love Halo like I do, the fact you now can get the CE Pistol and Battle Rifle from Halo in the game is absolutely awesome. The Battle Rifle scope is just like what you would expect, detailed for a long range Pulse Rifle.

Cosmetics/Ornaments - There are some great new emotes and some crazily good ornaments. One of which makes me want to start using a Warlock more (yes, I did say that). The Titan has a Burning Tiger Helmet which i'm so looking forward to getting.

Oh, and I nearly forgot. Xur and Starhorse's inventory in the 'Eternity' space now on the overall Map, feels like there is a ton of stuff to do and doesn't feel grindy on the face of it. Time will tell of course.

How is everyone else finding it? Truly surpised for a 20 quid DLC unexpected at this time.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Well before work I just did 6 runs of the xur horse collaboration and it's just manic kill shit fun, the bounties seem pointless as they seem to just give xp. I'm hoping especially as gjallerhorn is linked to it there will be people to run dungeon this weekend @GazzaGarratt😁 and I'm actually looking forward to iron banner as crucible has been a bit sparse as of late. But yeah seems a nice addition.

On 12/8/2021 at 6:47 PM, Ajay said:

dungeon was an absolute blast and in some places from the past 🤣

It totally was. I hope the replayability value will feel up there with it!

On 12/8/2021 at 8:41 PM, techno said:

Well before work I just did 6 runs of the xur horse collaboration and it's just manic kill shit fun, the bounties seem pointless as they seem to just give xp. I'm hoping especially as gjallerhorn is linked to it there will be people to run dungeon this weekend @GazzaGarratt😁 and I'm actually looking forward to iron banner as crucible has been a bit sparse as of late. But yeah seems a nice addition.

Sounds like a plan to me Gaz, looking forward to dying multiple more times to spikes 🤣 Iron Banner wasn't populated much at all as we played 7-8 games on Tuesday and never had a 6v6 game. We also dominated every game, with 5-6 ending up as a Mercy win. Good time to get some Valor ranks as they are also offering bonus points this week too. Hoping the new Battle Rifle is going to hit hard in there.

16 hours ago, Leeesh13 said:

just did the dungeon and I would put it up there because you lose all form of trust in any lever pull.dares of eternity is a nice activity but what we need to appreciate are the neighs of space pony🥰

INCREDIBLE NEIGHS 😍 Honestly, the whole Xur and Starhorse gameshow hosts is quite clearly the best thing from it. Especially alongside Lightning Rounds and nostalgic bosses to contend with in the 6 player activity.

Oh, and lets not forget - The Dawning is happening at next week's reset. The choice to do things are superb right now and totally unexpected. Great time to pick the game back up again.

16 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Dares of Eternity is a lot of fun but I just want to level up to unlock my exotic ship, only at level 6 right now.  Didn't realise so much would be required to unlock something I'd paid for 😓.

Yeah like most things bungie it's a ridiculous grind and will have you probably hate the mode by the end. 

On 12/29/2021 at 10:37 AM, techno said:

Yeah like most things bungie it's a ridiculous grind and will have you probably hate the mode by the end. 

It is a ridiculous grind ! I’m trying to get it done as there is a lot of stuff linked to level 16 but it’s a shocking amount of Dares. 

I’m not a huge fan of the Bungie streak system in crucible gambit vanguard as it means you get penalised for doing other stuff in the game (Doh) but that’s at a whole new level of stupid here. Dares has a streak system as well , so your rank up pints go from 75 to 155 over 5 games but then you lose it if you do anything else. So the most efficient way is to do Dares 64 times without doing anything else. 

Best thing Destiny has is variety . Bungie ‘“let’s punish variety’

I will , of course , get it done !

I think you have to remember this is a DLC, therefore its not disappearing at February. If we got everything after 2 hours of gameplay we'd be sharing its a waste of 20 odd quid. There's not much to grind for these days now which is defo a good thing, so this is just something to play alongside everything else.

I think this is one of the best 6 player activities they've created that is also matchmade. I think they realised that you just need to make things fun and hilariously stupid, like with the power ups and horsey sounds throughout. And then just make tons of things to shoot at. Mind numbing fun. And then when you have enough, legendary dares will give abit extra.

@Spacedeck , if you keep doing normal level dares (matchmade) and don't exit the activity it gives extra reputation to help levelling. I've not done many at all and I'm on level 6 too so I think pick a few nights to do just that and then vary up other nights imo.

How long do you reckon this DLC will stay up? I've unlocked most of the armour cosmetics, which I've applied to my character as it adds a nice touch.

I do often do runs one after another, usually return to orbit once I collect my loot though, I don't think it requires staying for the timer to count down to 0 to count towards the bonus xp.  My favourite end fight so far is the Cabal, love the open area and just slashing through everyone.  Hardest is probably the Crota bonus round, it's very chaotic and staying alive can be a challenge.

33 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

How long do you reckon this DLC will stay up? I've unlocked most of the armour cosmetics, which I've applied to my character as it adds a nice touch.

I do often do runs one after another, usually return to orbit once I collect my loot though, I don't think it requires staying for the timer to count down to 0 to count towards the bonus xp.  My favourite end fight so far is the Cabal, love the open area and just slashing through everyone.  Hardest is probably the Crota bonus round, it's very chaotic and staying alive can be a challenge.

You can go to orbit, go to tower, go to helm, log out, log in, just don’t do another activity 

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think you have to remember this is a DLC, therefore its not disappearing at February. If we got everything after 2 hours of gameplay we'd be sharing its a waste of 20 odd quid. There's not much to grind for these days now which is defo a good thing, so this is just something to play alongside everything else.

I think this is one of the best 6 player activities they've created that is also matchmade. I think they realised that you just need to make things fun and hilariously stupid, like with the power ups and horsey sounds throughout. And then just make tons of things to shoot at. Mind numbing fun. And then when you have enough, legendary dares will give abit extra.

@Spacedeck , if you keep doing normal level dares (matchmade) and don't exit the activity it gives extra reputation to help levelling. I've not done many at all and I'm on level 6 too so I think pick a few nights to do just that and then vary up other nights imo.

Is it one of the best 6 player activities? Really? Trust me when you've run enough it gets as dull as fuck. The crota end boss is also terrible, the pointless obsticle course I just skip, except the first one as that's just easy. Once I get ranked up for me I will be done. Menagerie was and still is the best 6 palter activity they have come up with. Even the loot for dares sucks.

I would be willing to give legend a go but I expect that's just cranked up super hard and frustrating for casual players.

Lol here's a kicker you reach rank 16 pick up the forunner catalyst and you have to play more dares and hope you hit 225000 score. Oh and it's ok the character you pick it up on.

3 hours ago, techno said:

Is it one of the best 6 player activities? Really? Trust me when you've run enough it gets as dull as fuck. The crota end boss is also terrible, the pointless obsticle course I just skip, except the first one as that's just easy. Once I get ranked up for me I will be done. Menagerie was and still is the best 6 palter activity they have come up with. Even the loot for dares sucks.

I would be willing to give legend a go but I expect that's just cranked up super hard and frustrating for casual players.

Lol here's a kicker you reach rank 16 pick up the forunner catalyst and you have to play more dares and hope you hit 225000 score. Oh and it's ok the character you pick it up on.

Legends not too bad, you’ll be fine but doesn’t really give you anything extra. Just save it for when you need that 225,000 run

11 minutes ago, techno said:

The armour is class specific if thats what you mean.

I mean since they are only cosmetic, could I unlock the others with my Warlock and they'll be available to use when/if I create a Titan or Hunter in the future?  Or would it require running on another class just to unlock them for each class?

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

I mean since they are only cosmetic, could I unlock the others with my Warlock and they'll be available to use when/if I create a Titan or Hunter in the future?  Or would it require running on another class just to unlock them for each class?

Yes as far as I'm aware. As long as it's something that can be achieved while playing a different class.

5 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

tiger_release_final_20211231_185609.thumb.png.085a53ee222882a5a00ba277aa1a8406.png

We did it! I still need to farm an extra 8 to unlock the last 2 items I missed, but so relieved after all this. I also disagree about this not being fun, I still want to play more even after playing it to death.

Got my flying rock earlier too. @Diddums isn't that impressed with it. I'm using dares to do catalysts

On 1/1/2022 at 12:48 AM, techno said:

Got my flying rock earlier too. @Diddums isn't that impressed with it. I'm using dares to do catalysts

Yeah I like my flying rock, currently bright green. I got a few catalysts done along the way as well, something else to focus on I stress of the huge grind !