Alpha 20 Dedicated Server

tronic44

647E12A4-7ABA-4EFC-853D-5FC60970FDDE.png

It’s beginning to look a lot like zombies!

Yes it’s that time of the year again! Xmas? No no no! Surviving! Over the next 48 hours we will be testing the new dedicated server before releasing it out into the wild. I know many of you have put your name in the hat and have kindly donated to the server. It would be great if we could get names in this thread, so we can see if you need to up the slot limit.

We will also hold an opening session, where as many of us can jump on for the first time together.

More news and updates to follow!

Happy surviving!

Survivors:

@tronic44

@phil bottle

@GazzaGarratt

@Greboth

@crispymorgan

@Ajay

@Plumbers Crack

@craftofboredom

@Diddums

@Emma

@Macca89

I'm in - the slots thing though I believe is 10 players online concurrently rather than 10 max but totally would be ace to see large party nights on this. Horde nights with a large group are hilarious as ever, especially if you fall from tall heights 👀🤣

@Macca89  @RenFengge @TurboR56Mini  @Tar-Eruntalion  @Misneach_  @J-Lurch  @LordBaguette  @Mikepjbell  just tagging a few more on PC that maybe can get on this too which would be another fun server to join with us all.

I have done a little testing today on the server. After some initial niggles it seems to be working beautifully. 

With regards players maybe stick to 10 for now and see how it goes. I'd be interested to see how it performs with 10 concurrent players on a horde night😅

Thanks @tronic44 for setting it up with GTX. Where you find the time I don't know😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

32 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I have done a little testing today on the server. After some initial niggles it seems to be working beautifully. 

With regards players maybe stick to 10 for now and see how it goes. I'd be interested to see how it performs with 10 concurrent players on a horde night😅

Thanks @tronic44 for setting it up with GTX. Where you find the time I don't know😁

You mean you didn’t want 19.6? 😄

I did it instead of sleeping 😂

So friends, @RenFengge and I have a our own server humming along that is currently running Valheim. We were chatting today and thought that it might be good to have a truly new experimental server for 7 days and keep the current one on 20.0 Stable. One reason for this would be all the hard work that the team has already put into the 20.0 build would probably have to be wasted if we upgrade to the latest. The experimental beta server could have some neat builds as well but knowing we might have to nuke it at some point. We know it can be a pain in the ass to have two servers but wanted to throw it out there. We think repurposing our second Valheim server to 7 days could be fun. Thoughts?

@Diddums @GazzaGarratt @crispymorgan  @phil bottle @tronic44 @Ajay  @Tar-Eruntalion  @Plumbers Crack  @FallenDark200  

I'm pretty cool with it either way tbh, although it would be good to see what extra is 20.1 so we know what we're getting. I've not played Valheim for a while but i'm pretty sure when I go back to it, the main server we have will be enough for now. Do you think we should have an idea about what we might wanna do on the new one if we do? I'm still really happy to play the current server btw, we've made some awesome stuff on there so far.

Not sure there are enough people playing to be running two servers. It would seem an unnecessary expense. If anyone wants to check out the updates to 7 Days they can always run a multiplayer game without a dedicated server. 

I think it would get a bit confusing but that's just my initial thought.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Wanted to offer since it's not a money thing, we already own it and are not using it.  I get it, maybe we look into another game in general. 

12 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Wanted to offer since it's not a money thing, we already own it and are not using it.  I get it, maybe we look into another game in general. 

You and @RenFengge have been nothing but awesome on 7 Days. My long term plan is to get you both on DayZ. And I am a patient man 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

19 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

That's cool dude, and I appreciate it so don't take my post the wrong way. I honestly couldn't give a shit where I play as long as I've got people around me who listen to me moaning and shit jokes.

banlol.png