Season 10: Season of the Worthy Mar. 10, 2020 June 9, 2020
Season 11: Season of Arrivals June 9, 2020 Nov. 10, 2020
Season 12: Season of the Hunt Nov. 10, 2020 Feb. 9, 2021
Season 13: Season of the Chosen Feb. 9, 2021 May 11, 2021
Season 14: Season of the Splicer May 11, 2021 Aug. 24, 2021
Season 15: Season of the Lost Aug. 24, 2021 Feb. 22, 2021
Season 16: ? Feb. 22, 2021

Blimey there’s been a lot of seasons!

Ignoring year 1 , which even led to me abandoning destiny , I think the worst seasonal event was probably undying (the vex one right?) although that was propped up by shadow keep. 
Likewise the hunt seasonal stuff was ok but very light, put propped up by the DLC. 
Can’t remember much about Dawn or worthy , think I ducked out in Dawn and went and did CoD for a bit !

On 12/4/2021 at 3:18 PM, Baabcat said:

Blimey there’s been a lot of seasons!

Ignoring year 1 , which even led to me abandoning destiny , I think the worst seasonal event was probably undying (the vex one right?) although that was propped up by shadow keep. 
Likewise the hunt seasonal stuff was ok but very light, put propped up by the DLC. 
Can’t remember much about Dawn or worthy , think I ducked out in Dawn and went and did CoD for a bit !

alright alright yea I don't mind when seasons are getting propped up by big dlcs tho I did enjoy the coup de grace mission from season of the hunt

I think a huge problem for Seasons are when the DLCs come out, they never truly get them right.

I always think of Season of the Undying (8) and Season of the Hunt (12). They were massively propped up by huge content drops so I get that the content may not be the most engaging for specific reasons but for someone who wants more 6 player activities, Undying was very basic, long and boring with no change to the boss. Hunt had these Lore things and i've still not got more than 10% through the whole thing as they were so quick it didn't make much sense - and it could be done solo with a slow replayability factor involved.

Appreciate some here didn't like the Sundial activity in Season 9 (Dawn) but for me that was a huge season that started getting the story back on track with Saint-14 and there were replayable mini-levels within it that at least kept it interesting, with guaranteed selectable loot at the end.

You could also argue that Season of the Outlaw (4) was pretty sketchy if you think of it in isolation. For the same reasons above, it came out with Forsaken DLC, which one of the best we received...but makes you wonder what we actually did around that for the Season. I believe it was the Spider bounties and not much else. At least the end weekly bounty was always a fun one to do as the missions were like bespoke, cool Lost Sector bosses.

What was yours @Leeesh13 ?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

season of the drifter gambit was never my thing but reckoning was cool to me it was just the addition of gambit prime and reckoning tho there were good weapons i just think that it was a tad bit tedious to sit through reckoning and gambit games

hats off to any of those mfs who got the reckoner title cause Jesus christ that looks like the next 10 years gone down the drain to me😅

I will agree with you @GazzaGarrattthat outlaw was dry by itself without the dreaming city stuff to do but I suppose it was destiny's biggest update with the changes to the guns system and new supers so maybe they just said "fuck it let's give em bounties"

5 minutes ago, Leeesh13 said:

season of the drifter gambit was never my thing but reckoning was cool to me it was just the addition of gambit prime and reckoning tho there were good weapons i just think that it was a tad bit tedious to sit through reckoning and gambit games

hats off to any of those mfs who got the reckoner title cause Jesus christ that looks like the next 10 years gone down the drain to me😅

Yeah, I expected this one to be up there with others but I geniunely loved it. Gambit is a great gamemode and having Prime with the Reckoning loop made it feel really beefy. Sometimes you do need abit of grind to feel the value. I'm annoyed that I was 3 pieces of armour off Reckoner and only have myself to blame! Stepping back I can understand how others that just don't like Gambit would definitely feel like this one was lacking something though.

What I would say on a positive note is that the seasonal model has been on an overall upward curve, with only a few 'dips' along the way. Thats pretty clear when you look at the list of the Seasons. DLCs on the other hand feel like they need this Witch Queen to bring it back up to the Forsaken quality.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

yea it was the only season that year without raid content🥲 

im looking forward to what they will be doing with the seasonal shizzle i enjoyed battlegrounds thoroughly, overrides were long but kinda cool expunged were cool too I only wish the Astral alignment would have more "games" besides the 3 just like in menagerie because holy shit i loved menagerie but don't talk to me about the heroic ogre fight for shadow

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think a huge problem for Seasons are when the DLCs come out, they never truly get them right.

I always think of Season of the Undying (8) and Season of the Hunt (12). They were massively propped up by huge content drops so I get that the content may not be the most engaging for specific reasons but for someone who wants more 6 player activities, Undying was very basic, long and boring with no change to the boss. Hunt had these Lore things and i've still not got more than 10% through the whole thing as they were so quick it didn't make much sense - and it could be done solo with a slow replayability factor involved.

Appreciate some here didn't like the Sundial activity in Season 9 (Dawn) but for me that was a huge season that started getting the story back on track with Saint-14 and there were replayable mini-levels within it that at least kept it interesting, with guaranteed selectable loot at the end.

You could also argue that Season of the Outlaw (4) was pretty sketchy if you think of it in isolation. For the same reasons above, it came out with Forsaken DLC, which one of the best we received...but makes you wonder what we actually did around that for the Season. I believe it was the Spider bounties and not much else. At least the end weekly bounty was always a fun one to do as the missions were like bespoke, cool Lost Sector bosses.

What was yours @Leeesh13 ?

Bungie really should not bother with a ‘season’ when a DLC launches, they put resource into some half assed activity that no one remembers. Better a bigger DLC than some random forgotten activity

16 hours ago, Leeesh13 said:

See I loved gambit prime, and went and got reckoner. However the actual seasonal event was terrible, apart from the bridge part which was a load of fun , but led to supers being nerfed CoS it was too much fun!

2 hours ago, Baabcat said:

See I loved gambit prime, and went and got reckoner. However the actual seasonal event was terrible, apart from the bridge part which was a load of fun , but led to supers being nerfed CoS it was too much fun!

good God I would get on my knees to praise u good sir

and yes I think super exotics got nerfed eg phoenix protocol and Orpheus